Ok, loaded question! How in my face in the sex problems in Thailand?

kanela

Yes, everywhere you go, it cannot be avoided. Same as kangaroos roaming the streets in Sydney.

Surely there are places one can go and not have to deal with that sort of thing?

I never see it.....maybe because I don't look for it. I have lived here 15 years....Khon Kaen is my area.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely you should come over for a look before deciding to move. That would seem logical.

No, you will not even notice the sex industry.

This reminds me of my first ever trip to Bangkok; My assistant (who just like me knew absolutely nothing about BKK) had booked me in at Sofitel Grand Sukhumvit Soi 6. I arrived Saturday afternoon and had a nap after a gym session and some work.

I woke up 8pm feeling hungry so I headed towards Soi 4 and nearly got dragged in by the bargirls working the bar to the left just before Soi 4. I turned right and minutes later walked pass Guess Bar where a couple of Kateuys eyed me down before giving me a number of suggestions that I respectfully turned down. 3 minutes later I was just outside Nana Plaza and wondered "what's going on in here, there is music and stuff?" (truly unaware of the commerce).

I went up the escalators and did a full lap around 2nd level before heading down the stairs for safety. By then I had been groped by three ladyboys outside Casanova, my pec's massaged by 2 girls outside Rainbow 4 and me arse squeezed by a gay fat mamasan at G-Spot who ran his hand up my back and gently swirled his finger in my hair while whispering dirty words in my ear.

My first 15 mins on the streets of Bangkok. True story.

Edited by Forethat

I wonder why anyone would call sex a problem.

I don't think sex is the problem the poster has here, it's showcasing.

This is a valid point as I have found after several years here that showcasing is a big issue. So are exhibitionists, and voyers who adore them.

This is a main reason I got disgusted with most of the expat nightlife scene where the show usually turned to having to watch old fat men grinding with sexy slim brown beauties, not for their own pleasure but so others had to watch. They do it in regular public places too. A lot of it is old prunes trying to prove to others that they still doing it. The vibe almost turns gay occassionally, that is to say it becomes more about the guys then the girls. It's not limited to the nightlife scene.

So I say let's get the older ladies out there enjoying themselves just like us guys, whole new opportunity for expanding the Thai economy and cross-cultural confusions 8-)

Somehow I don't think they will be producing many lukrungs.

?? And neither should we older guys if we're smart.

Plug - Condoms & Cabbages' clinic on Suk Soi 12 is running a special at the moment, free vasectomies & follow-up checkups for all, including foreigners no matter how rich you may be. . .

Yes this is sincere, not a joke

So I say let's get the older ladies out there enjoying themselves just like us guys, whole new opportunity for expanding the Thai economy and cross-cultural confusions 8-)

Somehow I don't think they will be producing many lukrungs.

?? And neither should we older guys if we're smart.

Plug - Condoms & Cabbages' clinic on Suk Soi 12 is running a special at the moment, free vasectomies & follow-up checkups for all, including foreigners no matter how rich you may be. . .

Yes this is sincere, not a joke

I reproduce at every opportunity.

Never wear a condom.

Currently working to produce number 6.

I'm late to the party, and haven't read this whole long thread, but will add in my 2c to the OP anyway.

The sex industry, in one form or another, is virtually everywhere in Thailand. However, there are only a few particular places where it is really blatent - namely Pattaya, a few areas in Bangkok, an area in Phuket, and some smaller entertainment areas in other larger cities. basically unless you seek it out, it will not be "in your face" at all. The pay for sex option is always available if you seek it out, but in most places in the country it is generally unobtrusive.

I'm late to the party, and haven't read this whole long thread, but will add in my 2c to the OP anyway.

The sex industry, in one form or another, is virtually everywhere in Thailand. However, there are only a few particular places where it is really blatent - namely Pattaya, a few areas in Bangkok, an area in Phuket, and some smaller entertainment areas in other larger cities. basically unless you seek it out, it will not be "in your face" at all. The pay for sex option is always available if you seek it out, but in most places in the country it is generally unobtrusive.

We turned on the OP early on,

She probably did a Lorraine Bobbit on her husband, and is now seeking an insurance settlement so she can come to thai and buy a ladyboy,

really, I dont know what she was hoping for,

but she got it,

right between the eyes

Yes, everywhere you go, it cannot be avoided. Same as kangaroos roaming the streets in Sydney.

Surely there are places one can go and not have to deal with that sort of thing?

If you stay in the richer parts of the city, the kangaroos won't bite you :)

But seriously, unless you go looking for it, you could live your whole life without noticing any sex industry at all.