Ok, loaded question! How in my face in the sex problems in Thailand?

kanela

Not sure what went wrong with my quote, but Scarpolo, i haveThai wife and have been coming to Thailand for 30 years, i simply don't recognize the Thailand you are talking about, it is there if you want it, but it is not in your face unless Pattaya, Patpong, Bangla road are the places you stay, as a normal person going about your life you will not see it, simple.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure what went wrong with my quote, but Scarpolo, i haveThai wife and have been coming to Thailand for 30 years, i simply don't recognize the Thailand you are talking about, it is there if you want it, but it is not in your face unless Pattaya, Patpong, Bangla road are the places you stay, as a normal person going about your life you will not see it, simple.

I guess that's true, if you are going about your life with your eyes closed and your fingers in your ears.

Seems to be many people who choose to live like that.

Thailand is a class based system, so it depends on the people you interact with on a daily basis, i have number of friends who are engineers, air traffic controllers etc, they have very middle class lives, children in private school etc etc, these people have very little contact with foreigners, but i believe the saying is .'up to you'.

• Like 1

Thailand is a class based system, so it depends on the people you interact with on a daily basis, i have number of friends who are engineers, air traffic controllers etc, they have very middle class lives, children in private school etc etc, these people have very little contact with foreigners, but i believe the saying is .'up to you'.

If they really thought of you as a friend you would have been invited out to a brothel with them, of had dinner with their Mia Nois one evening. I suggest they aren't actually your friends at all, and you don't really know them that well.

Edited by FiftyTwo

IMO the OP has received the full gamut of advice, both genuine and obnoxious bordering on abusive.

Again Kanela on behalf of the board, apologies and hope you make a good decision based on the objective information you can make out here among the chaff.

• Like 2

I'll echo the above, unless you choose to live near the tourist traps you'll never know, where do you anticipate residing?

After living in northern BKK for some years I only discovered we actually have a local knocking-shop when my wife pointed it out to me (why she chose to tell me I still don't know).

Maybe she was giving you a hint

Has she being having a lot of "Headaches:" latelytongue.pngtongue.png

Oh heavens no, I'd never make a claim that Hubby hasn't wet his "johnson" elsewhere -- that's something I can't claim with certainty, after all when you get right down it it, isn't it? The realistic claim is "not that I know of."

But, I can claim that he wouldn't describe me as a bitter person, like HardenedSoul did.

Don't worry Nancy, HS describes anyone he doesn't agree with as "bitter".

No I don't

If they really thought of you as a friend you would have been invited out to a brothel with them, of had dinner with their Mia Nois one evening. I suggest they aren't actually your friends at all, and you don't really know them that well.

I would agree with FiftyTwo on this one. Hubby is involved in a service club with mostly upper-middle class Thai men and a few foreigners. Almost all of the Thai men have mia nois, or at least college girls that they "sponsor". They can't understand why Hubby and more of the foreign men in their club don't want to set up a similar arrangement with one of the many college girls in Chiang Mai. They consider themselves doing their wives a favor by fulfilling their carnal desires in a discrete fashion with a young woman who isn't seeing (many) other men. Mind you, the purpose of the club is in no way related to the sex practices of these men, it's just that the topic does come up from time-to-time and, yes, Hubby has met some of the young women they're "mentoring" and friends of these young women who are in need of sponsors. These Thai men would be the very engineers and air traffic controllers that howerde writes about.

• Like 1

You do need to both be knowledgeable enough of Thai culture and wealthy enough to maintain your mia noi in the style expected in a given social circle, or they'll fear your causing them embarrassment.

Both counts knock most of us out of the higher levels. Mia nois don't like being cheated on any more than the mia luang, and most of us are known to be indiscreet in our butterflying.

Better IMO to make your own arrangements anyway, Thai social mores are complicated enough, better to keep a firewall between the various aspects of your life. That way if one circle goes belly up it doesn't mess things up in the other part of your life.

Edited by wym
  • Like 1

That is a joke, right?

What would cost a man $300-$600 US, in any of the major cities, cost $40-$60 here, and the girls are young and pretty.

No marriage from the West, will withstand Thailand,

mine didnt make a year in Los Angeles, and I hadnt strayed,, she only "felt" it was coming

OP: If your partner is so inclined in Western countries arranging for a sex worker is a phone call away for a young attractive Asian or Western women, albeit more expensive than Thailand. Indeed it's not so difficult to pick up consenting women, including married women, who seek a bit of an adventure. I believe the reported general stat is Western countries is 40% of people have had sex outside of their full time relationship with a similar divorce rate.

Unless your partner is inclined to paying for casual sex, a Mia Noi (Google definition), easily 'distracted,' you have no need for concern. I know some Western couples if the often denigrated city of Pattaya who have long term stable relationships. However, I guess the bottom line is could husband handle a divorce both emotionally and financially.

Thai girls that are pretty and speak English?

I beg you , post the places

if you go trying to chat to pretty young thai girls outside of bar zones, big problems surely will be in your face very very quickly, of that you can be sure.

in what way ? any thais ive encountered in public have been polite and many of the hot chicks are well educated

and will switch to english if they see your thai is not very good for conversation .......

i actually prefer meeting women that dont do the bar scene in other locations

Thai girls that are pretty and speak English?

I beg you , post the places

in what way ? any thais ive encountered in public have been polite and many of the hot chicks are well educated

and will switch to english if they see your thai is not very good for conversation .......

i actually prefer meeting women that dont do the bar scene in other locations

The Thai men don't want to be seen, and the farangs don't care; that is why, and, they don't think they are with hookers...they think they are the first boyfriend in years, because, that is the standard line here.......

Also, many thai women simply do not want anything to do with thai men,

and have had their fill, so to speak of thai men, and their "culture" of disrespect;

that said, there is a young culture in thailand that are splitting from the ways of their families and taking on western culture, and hope their boyfriends, who become their husbands won't cheat,

I see plenty of young thai couples that look like they are good family people, and I trust that they are,

the older culture? forget it,

the mothers don't care if their daughters are prostitutes, provided they send home some of that loot; monthly

try telling that to mom back home

KANELA im not sure where you will want to live in thailand but if you moved to kanchanaburi there wont be a problem for you, there is absoulutly no sex industry in that province whatsoever, however you might find the people are particually unfriendly in that province

Really ? There's sex industry everywhere in Thailand just it's only openly visible in tourist areas as Thai men won't be seen with hookers in public and really can't understand why farangs do.

Whether it's a local karaoke bar, hairdressers, massage place fronting as a clean massage place or the golf course, it is everywhere but kept out of sight.

What would cost a man $300-$600 US, in any of the major cities, cost $40-$60 here, and the girls are young and pretty.

I assume from your Thai price you're talking longtime, more like $1200-1500+ where I come from.

And the youth/beauty on the Thai side just isn't available at ANY price, came close once in New Orleans but it's a roll of the dice, here it's 100% reliable if you go about it right.

Not to mention the sheer enthusiasm, eager to please nature of the gifted amateurs and girls new to the game, you just don't find that in the west, hardly ever.

No marriage from the West, will withstand Thailand,

That's certainly an over-generalization, I know lots of open marriages that do just fine, two of them the wife being bi has every bit as much fun as hubbie, and very rarely needs to shell out more than food and drink money, so many working girls prefer women anyway and a well-preserved farang has great novelty-status value.

if you go trying to chat to pretty young thai girls outside of bar zones, big problems surely will be in your face very very quickly, of that you can be sure.

What a crock. You're just not doing it right, have to pick your time and place, and be respectful and polite. Obviously speaking Thai is required or 90% of the time in a non-wealthy context you'll be talking to slappers anyway.

Edited by wym

The Thai men don't want to be seen, and the farangs don't care; that is why, and, they don't think they are with hookers...they think they are the first boyfriend in years, because, that is the standard line here.......

and have had their fill, so to speak of thai men, and their "culture" of disrespect;

that said, there is a young culture in thailand that are splitting from the ways of their families and taking on western culture, and hope their boyfriends, who become their husbands won't cheat,

I see plenty of young thai couples that look like they are good family people, and I trust that they are,

the mothers don't care if their daughters are prostitutes, provided they send home some of that loot; monthly

KANELA im not sure where you will want to live in thailand but if you moved to kanchanaburi there wont be a problem for you, there is absoulutly no sex industry in that province whatsoever, however you might find the people are particually unfriendly in that province

Really ? There's sex industry everywhere in Thailand just it's only openly visible in tourist areas as Thai men won't be seen with hookers in public and really can't understand why farangs do.

Whether it's a local karaoke bar, hairdressers, massage place fronting as a clean massage place or the golf course, it is everywhere but kept out of sight.

Gee guy you are going through the, I been in town two weeks syndrome. Trust me after a couple years you will look back and say, "why did I ever think that stuff let alone write it?"

Dude, you are way out of line. Keep mouth shut for a couple of years at least and look and learn. It's an ancient country with an ancient culture and habits that will not be unlocked by a Farang in town for a few months.

• Like 1

what are you saying, that thai girls are telling the truth to faranges, who they dont ever expect to see after their visa expires?

I had a few interesting conversations with the Mama Sans in Chiang Mai, when they wanted to know why I refused to buy their ugly girls drinks.....in didnt take long, and she moved the girls away

what part of my post was off?

that thai guys hide their prostitutes, or that the farange walking w prostitutes are truly walking with "nice girls" who recently lost their high tech jobs? (another great line)

Gee guy you are going through the, I been in town two weeks syndrome. Trust me after a couple years you will look back and say, "why did I ever think that stuff let alone write it?"

Dude, you are way out of line. Keep mouth shut for a couple of years at least and look and learn. It's an ancient country with an ancient culture and habits that will not be unlocked by a Farang in town for a few months.

what part of my post was off?

Well this below is a real hoot, just another line the scammers spin to stroke our ego and trigger the white knight syndrome:

And this sure seems naive:

And this only applies to a small segment of the poorest rural Thailand:

Lots of mothers pimp out their daughters in our backhome cultures too.

For whats it is worth unless you go looking for it the girls (Thailand) there, like in any Asian countries are very conservative. Staying about 5 hours from the nearest border town, I have made countless trips into Thailand just for the food, and have not been hassled by any pimps. If one does not make any eye contact with them than the will just ignore you, one thing about Asian people (in general) they do not make any eye contact unless you are interested in them.

Thailand doesn't operate the pimp/hooker system that the western world understands.

There aren't any pimps for you to make eye contact with.

It seems you don't know anything about Thailand at all.

Dear Fifty Two

Thank you for your enlightening post as a newbie perhaps you could clarify on what or how the western world perceives the pimp / hooker system work.

Also interesting you stated that there are not any pimps for me to make any eye contact with does that mean that all the WL (working ladies) are FL (freelance)

"No idea what you're talking about. The avatar I can see has one person in it and there is no face showing."

That's interesting. The avatar is now gone but yesterday the one I was seeing had a camel, a blond woman in sunglasses and a younger girl.

I'll echo the above, unless you choose to live near the tourist traps you'll never know, where do you anticipate residing?

After living in northern BKK for some years I only discovered we actually have a local knocking-shop when my wife pointed it out to me (why she chose to tell me I still don't know).

Giving you a hint perhaps? rolleyes.gif

Chemistry rules the relationship hormone, not the mind.....A man can "want" to cheat, sleep, have any woman he sees, but unless she has the chemical attraction, or wants to be paid, he want her all he wants,

Sadly, for the wives, there aree so many thai girls who are needing men, money, food, shelter, etc., that, none of this matters to (some) of them.....

I speak from experience on both sides,

I am with a girl lwho is the exact opposite of all I describe, owns her own house, car, independent of any man,

but fell for me, and can't understand how all her defenses "failed" her..........

luckily for her, I wouldnt jilt, cheat, lie, or otherwise sin against myself, or her, so, her instincts, (hormones) have not failed her,

they have enabled her to overcome her fears, and now we live together, in her home

I don't think it matters if she's kept herself in shape or not; didn't stop Ashley Cole cheating on his wife, Cheryl (how smoking hot is she?) with a strumpet from a West End nightclub, did it?

Men just like variety and if they can get it without being caught, most of them will take it.

I quite agree with your last statement. Many men in the west will cheat with women who are often times less attractive than their wives/GF. Hugh Grant is a good example, but there are many others. Some guys just want/need to be with someone different.

And in Thailand, that someone different is often a young, hardbody.

Chemistry rules the relationship hormone, not the mind.....A man can "want" to cheat, sleep, have any woman he sees, but unless she has the chemical attraction, or wants to be paid, he want her all he wants,

Sadly, for the wives, there aree so many thai girls who are needing men, money, food, shelter, etc., that, none of this matters to (some) of them.....

I speak from experience on both sides,

I am with a girl lwho is the exact opposite of all I describe, owns her own house, car, independent of any man,

but fell for me, and can't understand how all her defenses "failed" her..........

luckily for her, I wouldnt jilt, cheat, lie, or otherwise sin against myself, or her, so, her instincts, (hormones) have not failed her,

they have enabled her to overcome her fears, and now we live together, in her home

I don't think it matters if she's kept herself in shape or not; didn't stop Ashley Cole cheating on his wife, Cheryl (how smoking hot is she?) with a strumpet from a West End nightclub, did it?

Men just like variety and if they can get it without being caught, most of them will take it.

I quite agree with your last statement. Many men in the west will cheat with women who are often times less attractive than their wives/GF. Hugh Grant is a good example, but there are many others. Some guys just want/need to be with someone different.

And in Thailand, that someone different is often a young, hardbody.

She's deaf ? wink.png

• Like 1

I am confused by the fact that OP plans to move to 'Thailand/Cambodia, " which are obviously two different countries with two rather different cultures and mindsets.

So, which country are you actually planning to move to?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app