Racist Thai teacher

Tmymaimee

1) I'd ask her why does she lighten her skin to look like the people she hates?

White skin color has little to do with the meaning of "Caucasian", the English short hand expression "white" to denote race is pretty ignorant in this part of the world.

Lots and lots of Asians, not just Thais but Chinese, Korean, Japanese etc have much "whiter" skin than most farang I know.

It is true that generally they think lighter skin is more beautiful, but that MOST DEFINITELY does not imply that they all think Caucasians are better looking than their own race; in fact, most Asians think us pretty ugly in general - with the exception of certain supermodels and media stars.

Edited by wym

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing new about what the OP is describing.

Not only teachers but many Thais have this attitude.

Envy and xenophobia is integrated in their everyday life.

Can't blame them as they never had the opportunity of proper education.

i think i read somewhere around 80% of thais dont even have a passport and never had one thailand is their whole world !

Only 30 percent of US citizens have a passport compared to Canada's 60% and the United Kingdom's 75%. The reasons given below would resonate with many Thais.

Tourism experts and avid travelers attribute Americans' lack of interest in international travel to a few key factors, including: the United States' own rich cultural and geographic diversity, an American skepticism and/or ignorance about international destinations, a work culture that prevents Americans from taking long vacations abroad and the prohibitive cost and logistics of going overseas.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/TRAVEL/02/04/americans.travel.domestically/

The combined population of the UK and Canada is 100 million.

30% of the USA population is 100 Million.

80% of Thais can't afford to travel outside their country even if they wanted to.

A much higher percentage of Americans can afford to, but have no interest.

Personally I'm fine with both scenarios, whatever makes people happy, and in many cases ignorance is bliss. . .

She is a female Thai Archie Bunker that's all. . He was funny too because he had no real power. I believe Nornan Lear the creator of the show got the idea from an English TV show.

I think we find people like that amusing as long as they don't have real power to implement their "solutions."

I am sure if Hitler continued being an artist and never had political power he might be an amusing chap to talk to over a pint and laugh at his racists ideas and how over the top he was with them.

Are there anti Farang sentiment like her's expressed by those in political power designed to rile up the Thai people to 'action?'

Edited by DeeMockMark

Sounds like her attitude is not because she hates everything foreign but because she cant get a foreign boy friend / husband. You should feel sorry for her she is suffering from her inability to achieve what she really wants

She probably spent her youth in walking street Pattaya and came out of it without hitting the jackpot.

Never….she is not competitive in the looks or body shape.

These schools must to make a lot of money. The teachers make 150 baht per hour and are busy all day with 9 teachers working out of an older building on Sukhumvit. They charge 450 baht per hour to the student plus extra to all the Japanese who want in-home tutoring.

I see massage shops that have no customers at all for probably higher rent. I don't see why someone wouldn't start a Thai language school as I don't even know if these teachers need to be licensed.

450 baht an hour in a School class is very high. Most Thai teachers who visit in home and work places, and who are normally properly qualified charge 400 baht an hour, and no time lost to you in travel. If your School is on soi 11 then I know it and the owner cheats students when she can and treats the teachers poorly hence the high turnover of staff. Opening a School is not a good idea these days as they have become like phone shops, too many chasing too few customers.

Edited by sms747

Sounds like her attitude is not because she hates everything foreign but because she cant get a foreign boy friend / husband. You should feel sorry for her she is suffering from her inability to achieve what she really wants

So, all the racists in Europe or in the US secretly want a black or middle-eastern girlfriend/boyfriend?

She probably spent her youth in walking street Pattaya and came out of it without hitting the jackpot.

Never….she is not competitive in the looks or body shape.

These schools must to make a lot of money. The teachers make 150 baht per hour and are busy all day with 9 teachers working out of an older building on Sukhumvit. They charge 450 baht per hour to the student plus extra to all the Japanese who want in-home tutoring.

I see massage shops that have no customers at all for probably higher rent. I don't see why someone wouldn't start a Thai language school as I don't even know if these teachers need to be licensed.

450 baht an hour in a School class is very high. Most Thai teachers who visit in home and work places, and who are normally properly qualified charge 400 baht an hour, and no time lost to you in travel. If your School is on soi 11 then I know it and the owner cheats students when she can and treats the teachers poorly hence the high turnover of staff. Opening a School is not a good idea these days as they have become like phone shops, too many chasing too few customers.

No, its not on Soi 11 and I haven't seen any turnover. The school is busy every day, mostly with Japanese students. You can get lower price for signing up for longer blocks.

Just my two cents regarding the OP's experience:

No, she's not into you and she's not secretly into farangs, she's just a bigot.

I used to work at a language school in BKK years ago and, one day, a Thai student complained about the fact that, apparently, a farang teacher had told her something like "Thais are stupid and foreigners are way better than Thais in every aspect." The school's management kicked that guy out in no time. (From talking to that guy in the teachers lounge, I knew that it was indeed his opinion, so it was quite obvious he had indeed said that to the student.)

If I were you, I would speak to the school's management as well and try to get her kicked out or at least get yourself a new teacher.

Too poorly educated to be a teacher.

Likewise, odd man (woman) out...

At the Thai School I attended, the school manager divorced her Thai husband married a foreigner and is very happy. One part time teacher, woring on her Master's, lived with her French boyfriend - they married when she became pregnant. The Senior Teacher had been a University Teacher, teaching UK Embassy Staff, when she met her husband and moved to England - returned after he died to teach Thai to foreigners.

She thinks farang's stink? She has obviously never traveled in a Bangkok taxi.

Oh course phla rha, durrian, that green bean staaw and various other food items here smell like perfume don't they!

Well, what´s more barbarian? Eating rotten fish or eat rotten milk tongue.png We´re both guilty.....

And yes, sometimes when I enter a Taxi I can tell if the driver just had my favourite Thai food. It´s impossible to avoid smells eating (delicious) Thai food.

I like a decent nam jim with bla rah or any nam prig as much as I love a well aged cheese. Wife says all that stuff is like eating old socks biggrin.png

Edited by I knew this would happen

She is really obsessed with the topic of Farang faults, isn't she?

It sounds more to me like she was jilted by a Farang and now has a deep hatred of them. From what I understand, these ideas are drilled into Thai children's heads both in their communities and schools, so it might be caused by that. Either way, if she's obsessing so much about this, you can be sure that she's generally a miserable and unhappy person who wants to blame others for her lot in life. I might ask her if Farang are so awful, why do all the women on woman's products marketed to Thais in the store look Farang? In other words, if Farang are so terrible, why do 99% of Thai woman want to look like them?

BTW, if she is only a teacher hired by the school and she is being offensive toward a portion of the class, why don't you just report her to the administrators and make a formal complaint?

Hell hath no fury like a Thai woman scorned........w00t.gif

I had the misfortune to run into a similar immigration agent at chang wattana. i must say i previously met only very nice agents.

i also have met some thai teachers who feel the same way. I noticed however that most of your colleagues comments are sadly correct. Add a little facism and what do you get? (Above and beyond the Hitler Cafe). Notice my picture, this is the average Thais idea of a Farang. In fact the original Ferengi character in the "Deep Space 9" TV series was created by a Thai woman. She only left out the "old, fat" part.

Having said that the Thais have their character also. My daughter came her to scope out Kho Pangyan for family members. She had a motorbike accident and got ripped off for 20,000 baht by a cab driver and his supporting cast of locals. Then she did a visa run and discovered Thai beaurocracy.

We all went to George Town Malaysia instead.

Malaysia is great and no hustlers.

Thailand has experienced a major shift world-wide in how they are perceived. If I may put it briefly, Thais are seen as polite, friendly and heartless

"(...) it doesn't matter as Thai people are happy living in Thailand and don't need to care about anything outside of the country." - that's what she said, using an iPhone... made by all those, filthy farungs... rolleyes.gif

She's echoing what this charming gentleman already stated so bluntly on the facebooks.. made by yet other stinky farungs:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Anti-govt-forces-have-a-new-bogeyman--the-Western--30222881.html

Amazing Thailand! wai2.gif

P. S. thankfully, not all Thais are like that! smile.png

"I say what about a farang that was born here? She says they won't understand because their mother was a prostitute."

Some of her points might be difficult to argue against.

I doubt any thai national language teacher at a school thas has foreigners would say such negative things openly due to wishing to remain employed. A ghostwriter would put together a story like this knowing it would attract participants for marketing purposes.

• Like 1

I have no reason to makes problems for her…like I said, I find her attitude very entertaining. smile.png Its such a change from the girls that think farangs are great and and an answer to their financial problems.

Unfortunately there are a lot like her, and in the schools children are taught to think in this way. This is what really is holding this country back. You could engage her in a new topic of conversation such as; what various countries have given to the world, i.e:

Great Britain - The jet engine and jet airliner, electricity, television, steam engine, tarmac road surfacing, calculus, steel making, the printing press, the automatic loom, etc, etc.

Thailand - Erm.........let me think..........Oh Yes! Tom Yam Kung.

• Like 1

I have no reason to makes problems for her…like I said, I find her attitude very entertaining. smile.png Its such a change from the girls that think farangs are great and and an answer to their financial problems.

Unfortunately there are a lot like her, and in the schools children are taught to think in this way. This is what really is holding this country back. You could engage her in a new topic of conversation such as; what various countries have given to the world, i.e:

Great Britain - The jet engine and jet airliner, electricity, television, steam engine, tarmac road surfacing, calculus, steel making, the printing press, the automatic loom, etc, etc.

Calculus? That was the Egyptians and the Greeks...

Printing press? The Chinese, followed a few centuries later by Gutenberg, a German...

I worked for 20 years in northern Canada flying drunk, smelly, dirty and disgusting Indians (not the ones from India). I did it in order to finish work early and move to Thailand. I hated everything about themtheir culture, language, appearance, music, attitude, even their physical presence made me ill.

Now I can relate to how bar girls feel with their ugly customers. I had to smile and laugh with them while inside I was repulsed by them. I was no different than a bar girl and sold my dignity for money everyday. Its not a pleasant existence but I have a good life here now.

They would be native canadians. What sort of natives are in canada and how they are similar to the ones in america? I mean you know of the sioux and the apache cos these are famous tribes but so far i have never really heard of the canadian indians and do they have a canadian version of the trail of tears?

Btw it's the native canadian's country so you are the invader.

Well, they have the highest rate of suicides in the world. Girls are raped routinely, alcoholism is rampant, children start sniffing gas at 6 years old, unemployment is over 80%, diabetes and drug use is out of control, their diet consists of potato chips and Coke, they are insanely fat, the murder rate is about 1 in 300 people annually.need I go on?

Its not somewhere you want to go. Its all about money and how much you can make off them before you quit.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/03/30/canada-home-to-the-suicide-capital-of-the-world/ Pretty accurate synopsis.

I can't believe that on a post about a racist Thai, you spew this anti-Native vitriol. You need to look in the mirror. Native Canadians have a lot of issues granted, but this is blanket racism! By the way I'm a Vancouverite who has worked up north amongst Native peoples several years.

Right on bro. Them dummies are holding Thailand back. They should get in gear like the surrounding countries like Laos, Burma, Cambodia and Vietnam. Whoa boy. Gee I think compared to the surround countries Thailand is doing quite well eh? Well anyway, what rank is Thailand out of 148 countries surly Thailand must be close to the bottom? Number 38. Well keep hoping fella. The current nuts are trying to drive it down maybe better luck next year.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Thailand-edges-up-world-competitiveness-rankings-30214185.html

Edited by thailiketoo