Have you ever used 'Rogaine' for hair loss... does it work?

ghworker2010

I take Minoxidol for chronic bad high blood pressure, which is the principle ingredient for Rogaine type topical hair treatments.

The reason minoxidol (there are other generic names for the chemical too) is administered topically on the scalp is to avoid the chemical causing blood pressure issues.

I have a lot more hair as a consequence, but look at taking it for a year before you see any real change....very expensive when you look at it that way. Also I initially lost a lot of hair before I saw new hair re-growth.

The oral drug in Thailand is very cheap but like I say, it will lower your blood pressure so can be very dangerous. See your doctor and he can assess your suitability to taking the much cheaper oral drug.

Personally I'd rather have no hair than be putting chemicals into my system, but it has been a very effective tablet for bloodpressure reduction.

Hope this helps

• Like 2

The only thing that works for sure is a hair transplant.

I had one 10 years ago and never regretted it for 1 second.

Many people had bad experiences in the early days of transplants, but things have moved on. New techniques have been developed.

Don't listen to other people's opinion. Just follow your soul.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

^ I have been taking Finasteride aka "Propecia" brand by Merck since 1998.

It actually grew my hair back.

There are side-effects for some users and you should research it before taking it.

It is available OTC in Thailand and is very cheap.

I have had Dr. prescriptions in the US and now buy it OTC in Thailand. If you decide to take it, make sure you do not take more than 1 mg per day.

You usually will take a 5 mg pill, and chop into 1 mg piece with an exacto knife or knife for your daily dose. It do this. It works.

• Like 1

Been using minoxidil for 10 years and have a healthy head of hair for someone my age. It only works on the crown. My father lost most his hair on the top by age 30, of course he didn't have minoxidil available. You can get generic rogaine(minoxidil) for a fraction of the cost of Rogaine.

• 9 months later...

Always keep in mind that every product is not work for everyone. And when you using a product like rogain to treat hair problem you need to take pateince for the sign of improvment. Rogaine is the brand name for a drug which contains Minoxidil in 2%. In most instances it will slow the process of hair loss and in many cases it will also stimulate regrowth as the ingredients work there way through your system. But Rogain also comes with side effects like redness or itchy scalp.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

best hair transplant in india