why so many Asians and Europeans wear USA flag

newbiecuk

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And your an Aussie????????? Please....your opinion is irreverent your a second generation convict...I wish people understand Knowledge.. Peace

Yes I agree I find most Ockers to be most refreshingly irreverent.

55555laugh.png

A little Freudian slip, one that we can all agree with.

• Like 1

Can't quote but agree with NeverSure. Though not said. The English are the parents of America & thus carry all fault of this subject..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You forget 2/3 of the world if your going to slag us off please get it right old chap.

I was unluck to have an American father but he saw sense and came to England before i was born.

Edited by Thongkorn

Not an Aussie, but respect them, I'm an American - born & raised. Just believe a topic of such should be truly justified.

Really. What is your first language and whereabouts did you go to school if you don't mind me asking?

Are you teaching English here in Thailand by any chance?

I don't. It's not important enough to take notice of.

It's important enough for our troops to fight alongside you in Iraq and Afghanistan. No wonder the world isn't too keen on Americans cheesy.gif

Oh, but so many Brits blame the US for Iraq and Afghanistan and other places where the Brits were in it up to their eyeballs. So many Brits bash the US for these foreign wars.

With all of the US bashing that appears on this forum and usually off topic, and most of it by Brits who have a long, long history of nasty foreign endeavors, who cares about a tiny little spot who's language has been rendered obsolete by American world trade and American web sites, and which is so tiny that no one can find it on a map?

Considering that we are still one of your most important allies, that is some amusing diatribe that you are spewing, sir... smile.png

http://shareranks.com/5844,Best-United-States-Allies

I agree that there are some intellectually challenged Brits that have an imaginary problem with the USA.

And a few are on this thread, but falling to their subterranean level is playing into their somewhat pondlife-esque hands. ( 'knowable' lmfao take note)

Edited by chonabot

Considering that we are still one of your most important allies, that is some amusing diatribe that you are spewing, sir... smile.png

I agree that there are some intellectually challenged Brits that have an imaginary problem with the USA.

And a few are on this thread, but falling to their subterranean level is playing into their somewhat pondlife-esque hands. ( 'knowable' lmfao take note)

Well, from your link:

"GB is Americas puppy ... thats why you guys are ranked place 1."

For me the flag of the USA has a strong connotation with the freedom of the individual through its association with the US constitution. The USA may have fallen short of the ideals of its constitution but the freedom of the individual and the rights of the individual are the strongest cultural themes in US society. Being strongly anti monarchist, I also look upon the US flag as a rallying point for people like myself who are not US citizens but who hold the same view. During the cold war it was for me a symbol of resistance against communist dictatorship and totalitarianism.

• Like 2

Well, from your link:

"GB is Americas puppy ... thats why you guys are ranked place 1."

That's strange as my link shows us at number 2, nevermind Neversure :)

I came with an olive branch and left with a doggy bag :)

The USA may have fallen short of the ideals of its constitution

MAY have?

For me the flag of the USA has a strong connotation with the freedom of the individual through its association with the US constitution.

------------

the freedom of the individual and the rights of the individual are the strongest cultural themes in US society.

Themes as in "theme park" maybe.

Threw those babies out with the bathwater, right from the 107th floor where my friend owned Windows on the World.

During the cold war it was for me a symbol of resistance against communist dictatorship and totalitarianism.

Days now long over, and even then we were inserting and supporting a very slightly different sort of dictatorship and totalitarianism, as long as they were friendly to US corporate interests.

• Like 1

The USA may have fallen short of the ideals of its constitution

MAY have?

For me the flag of the USA has a strong connotation with the freedom of the individual through its association with the US constitution.

------------

the freedom of the individual and the rights of the individual are the strongest cultural themes in US society.

Themes as in "theme park" maybe.

Threw those babies out with the bathwater, right from the 107th floor where my friend owned Windows on the World.

During the cold war it was for me a symbol of resistance against communist dictatorship and totalitarianism.

Days now long over, and even then we were inserting and supporting a very slightly different sort of dictatorship and totalitarianism, as long as they were friendly to US corporate interests.

Even the Vatican is less than perfect !

I'm American too but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing the 'Stars and Stripes' because I am so ashamed of the foreign policy. I think Hollywood has a lot to do with the popularity of America among non-americans. What is a flag anyway besides a colored rag?

What is an unpatriotic American, except a rag of a man?

American paid slavery, your a child. Slavery was from the EAST, than some thousands of years ago to Britian...and all of Europe or respective country names. You need to educate yourself.

European slave traders...lest we forget....

The American flag represents the Abolition of Slavery...lest we forget

Let us remember our own civil war....it could have been different.

I

American paid slavery, your a child. Slavery was from the EAST, than some thousands of years ago to Britian...and all of Europe or respective country names. You need to educate yourself.

European slave traders...lest we forget....

The American flag represents the Abolition of Slavery...lest we forget

Let us remember our own civil war....it could have been different.

This is just in the context of slavery...

I do not mean that the flag is a literal representation of it. Just that it could have been the Confederate flag instead.

http://www.usa-flag-site.org/history.shtml

'I think you're (and your free thinkers) thoroughly mistaken old chap'

PS: Thank goodness you're on the Chinese side...

Nicely done. But no denying your appalling record of foreign policy overseas since you joined the Second World War in mainland Europe AFTER the war was already won. And that reflects every conflict that you guys have either started, promoted, hidden from or ultimately failed in, globally. You are a laughing stock of the rest of the world that does not buy into your very special brand of democracy. IMHO, no offence meant, I am sure you are not responsible directly.

Rubbish, laugh.png , the war was won laugh.png , If it wasn't for the USA I wouldn't be here now, ask my English dad................gawd.........coffee1.gif

I don't need to ask anyone. Read up on your military history, then come back and spa..... But you won't come back. It's in black and white. The US joined the war in Europe to finish it quicker, and reap the benefits which were many.... But let's not go into too much unsavoury detail.

First off you are just plain wrong.

Second; typical Eurocentric attitude. The war was bigger than Europe and had the Americans not been fighting the Japanese in Asia (and defeated them) the Japanese would soon be in Europe fighting alonsgside the axis.

The allies could not have won the war in Europe without the good ol' USA.

• Like 2

'laughing stock'? OMG! That's so embarrassing. coffee1.gif

If only the US had a good example to follow... Russia? China? Iran? UK? Thailand?

I don't think there are any good examples of countries trying to use their military power to dominate the whole world for economic gain.

I think any rational use of the word "good" would show that would be an oxymoron.

Sure lots of good things about the American system, but the fact that it's all driven by greed is its fundamental flaw, makes the idealistic parts seem like hypocritical window dressing.

Especially since we've largely given up the idealistic parts for the idiotic war on terror scam.

Err, well, umm, lets see; the British Empire, Spanish ,Portugese the list goes on and on.

Have you ever heard of the Opium Wars; the British were nothing but thugs literally forcing the Chinese to buy narcotics and when they refused they were blasted to hell, indiscriminately killing scores, scores and scores of people. The Chinese relented and continued to buy English dope for fear of being obliterated; all for British ECONOMIC GAIN.

That is just one example, there are however, many many more. The British Empire was far, far more evil that America has ever been.

You should take a history class.

Jingthing, on 28 Jan 2014 - 15:15, said:
Morakot, on 28 Jan 2014 - 15:13, said:
Jingthing, on 28 Jan 2014 - 15:03, said:

The Union Jack and the Stars and Stripes are BOTH fantastic designs!

320px-Flag_of_the_British_East_India_Com

bah.gif Thank God that didn't happen or Americans would be stuck speaking English! bah.gif

You would have had to think up another holiday to substitute July 4th as well........................wink.png

If only the US had a good example to follow... Russia? China? Iran? UK? Thailand?

I don't think there are any good examples of countries trying to use their military power to dominate the whole world for economic gain.

I think any rational use of the word "good" would show that would be an oxymoron.

Sure lots of good things about the American system, but the fact that it's all driven by greed is its fundamental flaw, makes the idealistic parts seem like hypocritical window dressing.

Especially since we've largely given up the idealistic parts for the idiotic war on terror scam.

Err, well, umm, lets see; the British Empire, Spanish ,Portugese the list goes on and on.

Have you ever heard of the Opium Wars; the British were nothing but thugs literally forcing the Chinese to buy narcotics and when they refused they were blasted to hell, indiscriminately killing scores, scores and scores of people. The Chinese relented and continued to buy English dope for fear of being obliterated; all for British ECONOMIC GAIN.

That is just one example, there are however, many many more. The British Empire was far, far more evil that America has ever been.

No, you should try to follow the bouncing ball a bit better.

I was asked for "good" examples - I pointed out that the term "good" usually implies morally superior, and therefore was impossible to find as the whole concept of imperialism is evil by definition.

And the US has directly picked up where the Brits left off, including our intelligence agencies financing their illegal ops by smuggling drugs into US territory for our OWN citizens to get addicted to.

Not to mention that humanity's supposed to have been evolving spiritually this past century, sure we're not as bad as Genghis Khan either.

Parallel - I point out that Mr X is a pedophile, raping an 11 year old girl. You say he's not so bad, since Mr Y and Z were raping girls much younger. Can you give me a example/role model for somone to follow who wants to be a "good" pedophile?

Edited by wym

whole table of Europeans with us sport team shits, Thai waitresses has us flag on, Russians walk by with yet again cheesy las Vegas shirt on... why does everyone worship Americans ?.. even homeless in Cambodia have USA flags on.

Can't say I have really noticed I do however see plenty Union Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

It never ceases to disgust me how 'morally superior' someone born into privilege can be.

Armed with only a surface knowledge of history, they have no qualms about taking on the role of 'Monday morning quarterback' for extremely complex world events.

And usually, these spoiled, sniveling, freeloading citizens don't even bother to vote.

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. - John F. Kennedy

No, you should try to follow the bouncing ball a bit better.

I was asked for "good" examples - I pointed out that the term "good" usually implies morally superior, and therefore was impossible to find as the whole concept of imperialism is evil by definition.

And the US has directly picked up where the Brits left off, including our intelligence agencies financing their illegal ops by smuggling drugs into US territory for our OWN citizens to get addicted to.

Not to mention that humanity's supposed to have been evolving spiritually this past century, sure we're not as bad as Genghis Khan either.

Parallel - I point out that Mr X is a pedophile, raping an 11 year old girl. You say he's not so bad, since Mr Y and Z were raping girls much younger. Can you give me a example/role model for somone to follow who wants to be a "good" pedophile?

Your "parallel" is sick, twisted and off topic. Probably shows what is going through your head though....bah.gif

• Like 1

Comparing the actions of the British Empire back in the day and any kind of national behaviour these days is an utterley flawed finger pointing exercise.

Why not bring the Romans and Greeks into the mix, you may as well?

Accountability is the only reason why modern day nationalistic behaviour has changed in the last 100 or so years.

That, and the world wide web.

Edited by chonabot

Ask a question about the US, and the peanut gallery immediately jumps in there with their US Bashing

If you ask me , I think it is a obvious case of Penis envy.

Yes true, I do wish sometimes mine was a tad smaller.

Yea a little smaller for you could be a good thing.

With he quantum affect , it can be in two places at the same time.tongue.png