A protester injured in a shooting in front of Army Club

webfact

A protester injured in a shooting in front of Army's Club

BANGKOK: -- A man on motorycle shot an anti-government protester who was rallying with other protesters near the Army's Club on Vibhavadi Rangsit road.

The protester whose name is not yet known was sent to Rajvithee Hospital.

Security guards of the protesters captured the allged shooter and beat him up. They confiscated a pistol from him and handed it over to soldiers guarding at the Club.

The alleged shooter was rushed to a hospital nearby.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-28

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Several gunshots were fired into a large group of anti-government protesters rallying in front of the Army Club at 2.35 p.m. today, wounding two protesters.

The gunfire forced the protesters to run for cover.

A gunman was chased by security guards of the protesters and captured. He was mobbed and injured.

The gunshots were fired from the flyover in front of the Army Club on Vibhavadi Rangsit road.

The two injured protesters were admitted to Ramathibodi hospital.

The captured gunman was reported to be a motorcycle taxi driver. A handcuff and a motorcycle taxi jacket were also seized by security guards.

Security guards said the gunmen fired from the flyover and then ran into Channel 11 compound. One of them was captured and injured. He was admitted to Rajavithi hospital.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/several-gunshots-fired-large-group-anti-government-protesters-rallying-front-army-club-2-35-p-m-today-wounding-two-protesters/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-28

More protestors getting shot at by the barbaric Shinawatras.

This time they caught the scum who did it. Let's see who he works for now. If he really is affiliated with the reds or the Shinawatras, I would really like to see how the pro Shinawatras are going to spin this.

and spin they will.....coffee1.gif

Well at least giving the "evidence" to the army, rather than the appropriate lawfull officials, will ensure maximum evidence rigging perhaps.

Lawful officials? You mean the police whose loyalty are to the Shinawatas. Riiiiiiiiiiight! clap2.gif

Taking the act of a lone gunmen and extrapolating it to a whole segment of the population is akin to taking the act of a lone suicide bomber and concluding that all in the world who share the same faith must be as barbaric.

Lone gunmen x2 + live cam on board to show their paymasters... keep up .

This time they caught the scum who did it. Let's see who he works for now. If he really is affiliated with the reds or the Shinawatras, I would really like to see how the pro Shinawatras are going to spin this.

Mall Employee Allegedly Beaten, Robbed By Protesters

Blame Thaksin for this then?

• Like 1

It is interesting that the protesters are now handing evidence to the army, as they clearly trust the army with it and not the police. There will be those who will undoubtedly focus on the retaliatory beating, which should not have happened. But an unarmed man was shot. And the perpetrator was captured. And the evidence was handed to the army, who will clearly conduct an investigation.

Only problem with handing evidence over to the army is it cannot as far as i know then be used in a court of law they have no remit to act as police or bring charges or any legal jurisdiction to act as police while in their current role. where are does it say the army has the remit in times of civilian rule. ?

If the case this means that all evidence is inadmissible and cannot be seen as not tampered with or simply fabricated, same with statements they just arnt the police or part of the justice system they are the army and have no jurisdiction to conduct a legal investigation..... Thailand is not under military control just yet i believe there are clear boundaries as it stands.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

Mall Employee Allegedly Beaten, Robbed By Protesters

Blame Thaksin for this then?

Nope, we blame the idiots who did this...and your point is?

• Like 2

BlueSky TV also showed pictures of the alleged gunman's motorcycle, reporting it was registered under a policeman's name.

You seem to convict the shinawatras and red shirt in you first sentence.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please try not to be such a tool. Of Suthep.

First you say the shooting was by 'barbaric Shinawatras'. Next line, 'let's see who he works for now'. Are you ill?

I'm pleased they finally caught someone who has shot protesters. It will - as you say - shed light on the real motives behind these shootings. However, I don't see why you are at all interested in finding out because whatever they say - IT'S THE SHINAWATRAS FAULT!!!! (cue scary music and sinister echoing laugh).

Edited by 15Peter20
  • Like 1

Erm...can you read the article again? The 'barbaric Shinawatras'? They weren't there.

Does this give me licence to call the beating up & mugging of a former protester yesterday as evidence of the 'barbaric Suthep'? No, it doesn't. Because I'm not an idiot and I don't make ridiculous and transparently knee-jerk statements.

Have you ever posted anything logical here? If so, I don't remember it. You once posted 'wrong is wrong'. Can you demonstrate this by expressing outrage at any violence or illegal act perpetrated by the PCAD guards or other 'peaceful' protesters? Until you do, reasonable posters will just presume you're what you appear to be: a blinkered bigot frothing at the mouth and spouting off with little if any self-awareness or sense of fairness.

No, they're too cowardly to take to the streets like their opposition in a peaceful demonstration. That is why they rent mobs & pay people to do violent acts. Thaksin has hired assassins time & again, well documented.

Erm...can you read the article again? The 'barbaric Shinawatras'? They weren't there.

Does this give me licence to call the beating up & mugging of a former protester yesterday as evidence of the 'barbaric Suthep'? No, it doesn't. Because I'm not an idiot and I don't make ridiculous and transparently knee-jerk statements.

Have you ever posted anything logical here? If so, I don't remember it. You once posted 'wrong is wrong'. Can you demonstrate this by expressing outrage at any violence or illegal act perpetrated by the PCAD guards or other 'peaceful' protesters? Until you do, reasonable posters will just presume you're what you appear to be: a blinkered bigot frothing at the mouth and spouting off with little if any self-awareness or sense of fairness.

No, they're too cowardly to take to the streets like their opposition in a peaceful demonstration. That is why they rent mobs & pay people to do violent acts. Thaksin has hired assassins time & again, well documented.

Do you agree that protesters should be allowed to prevent people from working and voting?

It is a wonder he wasn't beaten to a pulp. If I am reading this correctly, then a commendation to those brave men who chased an armed assasin, when most would dive for cover, amazing courage.

The shooter is lucky he only got beat up, after being shot at and bombed so many times its a wonder the protesters didn't tear him limb for limb.

BlueSky TV also showed pictures of the alleged gunman's motorcycle, reporting it was registered under a policeman's name.

and he reported it stolen early today...to himself.

If he's part of the Shinawatra gang, he's a Shinawatra. You really think some fella rode a bike up to the protestors guns blazing for the hell of it? Now that they have him in custody, let's see what happens. I bet you he's a red shirt affiliate or a police affiliate. If I'm wrong, you can make fun of me. But I'm pretty sure he's part of the Shinawatra gang.

Before you make personal attacks on me and make yourself look foolish, I suggest you do your research because I actually HAVE expressed outrage at some of the idiot acts the protestors have. clap2.gif

• Like 1