Kasikorn stepup plan ?

my Kasikorn step-up 15 months is about to expire

but i do not see any signs of new step-up plans ?

the intrest rate was rather good or best of the market at an average of 3.43 % gross

any advice or info about what other banks offer the highest interest these days ?

or is it that the economy is going into the toilet with the protests and scams that banks do not need fresh money ?

I have one of these also (I use it for my retirement extension deposit) and of course mine is also about to mature.

Previously Kbank have brought out some similar deposit just before the current ones mature, in order to attract reinvestment. So I suspect they will do the same soon.

If they dont I will just go with the best long TD I can find at the time.

The best I have found is Bangkok Bank 10 months at 2.875. They had a 15 mos. for over 3% I think 3.25% but they withdrew that as they figured rates were going to drop to give the "over borrowed" a break to borrow more. Its the old lets let the over leveraged consumer spend his way out of our problem. Its the old pin the tail on the donkey game.

P.S. Don't forget that if you have no income here you can reclaim 100% of your interest tax that was with held by the bank and forwarded to the tax office. The tax office here is across from the old whiskey factory. I went 2 weeks ago and am getting back 3700 bahts that the BKK Bank with held. You can go back 3 years to get this interest money back. If you need more info contact me