Phitsanulok Immigration-Retirement Extension

thetefldon

Time for my annual post on Thai Visa ;-)

I completed the 300km round trip from home just North of Phetchabun to Phitsanulok today for my annual retirement extension.

The Phitsanulok Office continues to provide a great service, saw same officer as last year. Good humour, friendly face, in and out in 20 minutes and a free cup of coffee to boot.

One thing that was "new" this year was that they took a photograph using a web cam(similiar to the ones at Swampy) operated by one of the "female helpers." She also completed a lot of the information online which the officer read off the forms.

A note to anyone travelling to the Phitsanulok office from Mueang Phetchabun. Consider using southern route Highway 113 from Wang Chumpho and Highway 11 as the roadworks on route 12(from Lom Sak to Phitsanulok) are terrible, or at least the road surface is in places. Journey time today 3 hours.

By the way the rice farmers have a road block at junction of route 12 and route 11. Requires a couple of U turns to navigate. Highway Police directing traffic-no real delay.

• Like 1