Honda Click models?

mallymal

Click 110cc or 125cc ? For the latter, there are three models, separated by not more than 1500 Bt each.

However new price often have little pertinence on used, especially to Thai sellers (shop or individual), once they set a price, reasonable or not, they will stick to it.

Mag wheels are better as they can mount tubeless tires, that means no more valves ripped off when going over speedbumps. Also easier to keep clean. Chances of damage when hitting deep holes are pretty much the same for both types. In my opinion spoke wheels are still around in Asia only because the labour to make them is cheap.

Thanks. I think mag wheels look better - are they as forgiving as spoked over rougher roads/potholes etc? Out of interest, Anyone know the pros and cons for both on a scooter?

If you ride and live Urban then get alloy wheels. Less punctures etc.

If you ride and live Rural then spoked, because a damaged spoked wheel can be fixed by any local motorbike shop.

If you live rural and money is not an issue then a damaged alloy wheel can simply be replaced.

Thanks. I think mag wheels look better - are they as forgiving as spoked over rougher roads/potholes etc? Out of interest, Anyone know the pros and cons for both on a scooter?

If you ride and live Urban then get alloy wheels. Less punctures etc.

If you ride and live Rural then spoked, because a damaged spoked wheel can be fixed by any local motorbike shop.

If you live rural and money is not an issue then a damaged alloy wheel can simply be replaced.

Spokes are stronger when hitting sharp-edged potholes or raised cattle-grid edges etc.

They may bend, but alloys tend to break - I prefer bend.

Really depends on what you hit, and how hard you hit it.

You wonยดt find any offroad bike with alloy wheels and there is a reason for that wink.png

I hv one with me, 110 cc tip top condition with allow rims and tubeless tyres, selling at 30THB green color

For THB 30.- I will buy it unseen w00t.gif

If you forget a "k" with THB 30k it would be very overpriced.

A new Click 125i can buy from THB 48,500.- to THB 51,000.- (depenting to the model).

The only similarities of Click 110 and 125i are the brand, the name "Click" and that they are motorbikes.

The Click 125i is a complete new and much better bike that the Click 110.

I know that because I own both models.

Nice and simple summary

Click 125 i Tune up - Spoked wheels and front disc brake

Click 125 i Racing - As above + combination brakes

Click 125 i Idling Stop - Mag wheels, Idling stop, Stylish design and combination brakes

Click 125 i Street - Mag wheels and front disc brake

Nice and simple summary

Click 125 i Idling Stop - Mag wheels, Idling stop, Stylish design and combination brakes

Current brochure show only "Idling stop" to have mag wheel, altough I was remembering differently also.

color.gif

Nice and simple summary

Nice, simple but 80% wrong - sorry whistling.gif

1. Click 125i TuneUp + Street : Spoked wheels, 2 separate brakes (in the front disc brake).The difference between TuneUp and Street are stickers and a different colour combination only.
  2. Click 125i Racing : Spoked wheels, combination brakes (in the front disc brake), stylish seat cover.
  3. Click 125i Idling Stop : Mag wheels, Idling stop, combination brakes (in the front disc brake), stylish seat cover.

Combi(nation) brakes doesnยดt mean that the rear wheel has a disc brake too !

Itยดs only a braking force regulator with a quite sensitiv controller (ABS for the poor).

I donยดt like such stuff which is controlling the breaks if it isnยดt a real ABS.

Here is the Link to Honda again.

I hope now the difference between the models is clarified wink.png

Edited by Bagsida

Itยดs only a braking force regulator with a quite sensitiv controller (ABS for the poor).

Not even. Combination brake is having the single left hand lever to command both front and read brakes, at about (my guess) 60%/40% ratio. Right hand lever still controls front brake indipendently.

There is no "sensitiv controller".

Not even. Combination brake is having the single left hand lever to command both front and read brakes, at about (my guess) 60%/40% ratio. Right hand lever still controls front brake indipendently.

Yes thatยดs true with the single lever, but I heard about the electronic controller is sensitiv and if that controller is damaged the bike has serious braking problems.

I know 2 people had an accident because of the front brake blocked because of a defective controller.

I prefer to control brakes of any motorbike by myself.

Yes thatยดs true with the single lever, but I heard about the electronic controller is sensitiv and if that controller is damaged the bike has serious braking problems.

I know 2 people had an accident because of the front brake blocked because of a defective controller.

From what I know combination brake on both current and older 110c Click is a purely mechanical device, splitting lever force to two cables going to main cylinder and rear drum. There are no electronic parts whatsoever. You can give a look to a mechanic's shop where a Click is being worked on. As always I'll be happy to say I was wrong when that's the case.

Combination brake is being made mandatory on European bikes under 125cc, while bigger ones will have mandatory ABS.

http://www.fema-online.eu/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=335&cntnt01returnid=15

Edited by paz

From what I know combination brake on both current and older 110c Click is a purely mechanical device, splitting lever force to two cables going to main cylinder and rear drum. There are no electronic parts whatsoever. You can give a look to a mechanic's shop where a Click is being worked on. As always I'll be happy to say I was wrong when that's the case.

Combination brake is being made mandatory on European bikes under 125cc, while bigger ones will have mandatory ABS.

http://www.fema-online.eu/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=335&cntnt01returnid=15

I was wrong - sorry - there is no electronic controller. One of these 2 guy slipped away with the front wheel told me Honda had to replace an electronic controller. Now I think it was the main brake cylinder.

Here are the 2 Click brake systems,

Normal brake (no CBS)

post-47256-0-45300800-1391003891_thumb.j

post-47256-0-12536500-1391003916_thumb.j

Combi Brake

post-47256-0-33461100-1391003962_thumb.j

post-47256-0-43995100-1391003980_thumb.j

The left brake lever presses the brake fluid though part no 10 into the master brake cylinder and thus the front wheel is braked together with the rear brake, but there canยดt be a regulation like 60/40% because of the rear brake still works with a brake cable and not hydraulic.

The problem with CBS (Combi Brake System) is, that it is imposible to use the rear brake only, what if the street is slippery (ice, wet, sand) is necessary because if you use the front break the front wheel will slip away and you`ll fall.

That happened to these 2 guys I know with CBS - may be nothing was damaged but only the rear brake was wrong ajusted.

BTW:

In my vacations in Europe sometimes I drive with my Honda Transalp 650 over the Alps, Dolomites, Abruzzo and I am very careful what concerns brakes.

post-47256-0-09202700-1391004653_thumb.j

post-47256-0-04007000-1391005539_thumb.j

The mandatory CBS / ABS in Europe will start 2016 and I am sure even the rear brake will be hydraulic otherwise itยดs not possible to balance the break force correctly.

Edited by Bagsida

I was wrong - sorry - there is no electronic controller. One of these 2 guy slipped away with the front wheel told me Honda had to replace an electronic controller. Now I think it was the main brake cylinder.

You beat me to it, as I was to post the parts diagram as well.

You can bias braking toward the rear a little by reducing cable play on drum lever to bare minimum.

I think CBS on European models will come with disc or drum rear brake depending by the bike size and maker choice, the system can work with either.

Edited by paz

You beat me to it, as I was to post the parts diagram as well.

I think CBS on European models will come with disc or drum rear brake depending by the bike size and maker choice, the system can work with either.

Faster clap2.gif

I am quite sure in EU front and rear brake will work hydraulic - may be disc for the front brake only.

I am quite sure in EU front and rear brake will work hydraulic - may be disc for the front brake only.

I don't agree, no hydraulic on drum brakes, ever. 50cc are still popular in Italy and Europe, Piaggio will do just like Honda does.

I don't agree, no hydraulic on drum brakes, ever. 50cc are still popular in Italy and Europe, Piaggio will do just like Honda does.

I wrote "may be" and think that all motorcycles for EU will be upgraded to rear disc brakes.

But hydraulic drum brakes are also not impossible.

post-47256-0-86791600-1391007915_thumb.j

125 is a fair bit bigger than the 110.

That's just the fairing; an important structural difference instead is the introduction of a rear axle swing arm, as opposed to transmission casing support only.

125 is a fair bit bigger than the 110.

That's just the fairing; an important structural difference instead is the introduction of a rear axle swing arm, as opposed to transmission casing support only.

No it is not just the fairing.

on the 110 I can sit with both feet flat footed. on the 125 I cannot.