PM to be investigated on rice deal and impeachment bid

Lite Beer

As it should be. At least there are a few agencies left in the government that has the guts to do what's right and stand up against the Shinawatras. Whether or notyou're for or against the protests, you have to admit the PM has to take a fall for the rice scam. Hundreds of billions lost, farmers not paid, rice missing and Thailand dropping from number 1 to number 3 in rice production. Yingluck, time to go.

This is an investigation whose time has come. There is absolutely no way that an impartial investigation can produce anything other that the dissolution of this administration. It is rife with scandal. From the non-existent China rice deal to the unconscionable plundering of the banks to feed an alarming addiction to graft, the Yingluck administration has shown no shame, and an utter and remarkably consistent disregard for ethics implicit or explicit.

the real laugh is that the reds in here know yl is guilty as charged but are simply trying to make the judges look bad. How pathetic is it when you know that you are guilty but you just keep trying to blame everyone else(so it doesnt bugger up your biased rants), this will cause yl to either piss off like her brother or start crying saying she is innocent and didnt know anything about it(which is probably true as she is a total dipsh*t when it comes to brain power). Just goes to show when you take on a job purely for the power/money and to help big brother(without having a clue what to do) and dont do it sh*t happens, could happen to a nicer person, bye bye yl.

As a law abiding citizen and a believer in true and fair, I have no issue with anyone being investigated. However, I also believe in "innocent until proven guilty", a concept that is sadly absent from the above posters' psyche.

Edited by Gweiloman

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the third 'Probing' and 'Mulling' i've read about in the last few days. Talk, talk, talk and no action; when will they get their arse in gear and actually DO something other than talk ?

giving her time to pack her bags and go on that extended shopping trip!!whistling.gif

This is an investigation whose time has come. There is absolutely no way that an impartial investigation can produce anything other that the dissolution of this administration. It is rife with scandal. From the non-existent China rice deal to the unconscionable plundering of the banks to feed an alarming addiction to graft, the Yingluck administration has shown no shame, and an utter and remarkably consistent disregard for ethics implicit or explicit.

So it's ok for a former judge, on the record suggesting that judges should determine who to APPOINT as senators, leading an investigation into democratic process...and being impartial. I don't think so....

............Im sure YOU dont - you prefer your timpot god to ride rough shod over all Thailands attempts at democracy. For one so self porportedly intelligent you fail to agree that no one is above the law - that is why democracy works in the West - you need to stop commenting on forces that stop it happening here and then maybe you would gain a better understanding of Thailand!!

Khun Vicha's political views are not exactly secret, given his involvement in and comments about the drafting of the 2007 constitution: "...elections are evil" (wilkipedia piece). Very transparent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Constitution_of_Thailand

Well if it's on Wiki it must be true huh?

You do know that wikipedia has citations, yes?

Here is the link where it sends you to:

http://nationmultimedia.com/2007/04/27/politics/politics_30032854.php

hhahahaa!!!!! Now you count on wikipedia for comment - most academics have been informed to use this in writing academic papers at some time - obviously youve never been there!

Excuse me?

What do you mean paid? You think I am getting paid to post?!

I am not trolling, I am stating my view. If you would like do engage in adult debate instead of perceiving my join date as some sort of indication that I am being paid (WTH?), then I am more than willing to retort respectfully.

I would rather you did that to be honest and point out the flaws in my viewpoint.

Thank you.

I like the other posters whove commented find your turn of phrase undersireable you make comments without saying anything - we are right to leave you to swallow vomit alone!!

Ok, I can see now that I am the one being trolled here.

That's three people now who have talked about me rather than anything to do with the topic, one even accusing me of being paid smile.png

If you would like to leave me to swallow vomit alone then why reply to me at all?

I think it's obvious who's doing the trolling here.

Good debating with you guys.

Khun Vicha's political views are not exactly secret, given his involvement in and comments about the drafting of the 2007 constitution: "...elections are evil" (wilkipedia piece). Very transparent.

Well if it's on Wiki it must be true huh?

You do know that wikipedia has citations, yes?

Here is the link where it sends you to:

http://nationmultimedia.com/2007/04/27/politics/politics_30032854.php

hhahahaa!!!!! Now you count on wikipedia for comment - most academics have been informed to use this in writing academic papers at some time - obviously youve never been there!

Did you bother read the link?

Do you understand what a citation means?

I'd hold your laughter and read the post again if I were you.

As it should be. At least there are a few agencies left in the government that has the guts to do what's right and stand up against the Shinawatras.

I have such a feeling that there are actually not many government agencies that support the Shinawatras.

Obviously the brown envelopes are late again...

So it's ok for a former judge, on the record suggesting that judges should determine who to APPOINT as senators, leading an investigation into democratic process...and being impartial. I don't think so....

Appointing rather than electing members of interim governments is standard practice throughout the world. It happens about every week or so in Italy.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

What has his views on the senate have to do with his corruption investigation?

Mr Vicha insisted that the probe against Ms Yingluck was not politically motivated or a political persecution against her.

And people swallow this vomit?

Or have I got it wrong and the timing is just a mere coincidence.

It 100% should be investigated and people need to be held accountable for any corruption, but to believe that this is not politically motivated/political persecution in its timing in this current political climate, well it takes a 'braver' man than me to try to convince people of such nonsense.

But I guess some are fooled easier than others.

What a pity that the timing is inconvenient for those charged with corruption. What time would you consider more convenient?

• Like 1

As it should be. At least there are a few agencies left in the government that has the guts to do what's right and stand up against the Shinawatras. Whether or notyou're for or against the protests, you have to admit the PM has to take a fall for the rice scam. Hundreds of billions lost, farmers not paid, rice missing and Thailand dropping from number 1 to number 3 in rice production. Yingluck, time to go.

The problem lies in the making, when you allow for a scheme of any sorts you must have the money, the appropriation bill should allow for this, this crowd of spiffs are relying on sales ,then payment , the end result, drop in sales , nothing for the farmers, reneg on promises, like most of the PTP vote buying, big on words, little on substance.

But you didn't comment on the issue / subject of this thread.

I think the "not politically motivated" bit may have been the reference?

The problem lies in the making, when you allow for a scheme of any sorts you must have the money, the appropriation bill should allow for this, this crowd of spiffs are relying on sales ,then payment , the end result, drop in sales , nothing for the farmers, reneg on promises, like most of the PTP vote buying, big on words, little on substance.

They never budgeted it properly because it was ridiculously claimed that it was self funding.

If he was referring to the way elections have been run in Thailand, he would be spot on :)

She put herself in the position of chair of the committee and if, as reported, she only ever went to one meeting that means she didn't do the job that she took on.

That in itself amounts to dereliction of duty and proves the NACC case against her.

• Like 1

If he was referring to the way elections have been run in Thailand, he would be spot on smile.png

Cite a half sentence out of the consense is bad style and muddle somebody's brains. Maybe Prbkk cant work with more complex relations. The point was about the Senat, and an elected Senat is not able to act as a safety instrument against the hunger of power from Politicans. In consideration of the problems with an elected Senat in history he say in a public hearing:"We all know elections are evil, but [why do] many people still want to see history repeated?"

So I sugest all to be careful withs this liars statements, so if you follow what he implicating, Vicha must be a anti-democrat, but this is marvellous.

If he was referring to the way elections have been run in Thailand, he would be spot on smile.png

Cite a half sentence out of the consense is bad style and muddle somebody's brains. Maybe Prbkk cant work with more complex relations. The point was about the Senat, and an elected Senat is not able to act as a safety instrument against the hunger of power from Politicans. In consideration of the problems with an elected Senat in history he say in a public hearing:"We all know elections are evil, but [why do] many people still want to see history repeated?"

So I sugest all to be careful withs this liars statements, so if you follow what he implicating, Vicha must be a anti-democrat, but this is marvellous.

I'm a little l lost where the word "evil" would convey any love of elections.

NACC. What is their job exactly? During the last 2 years Thailand has become more and more the victim of corruption, they clearly haven't been doing a very good job. A culture of merit, rather than loyalty, is the most needed reform within institutions that are entrusted to oversee the administrative functions of the State. This loyalty based empire building culture is in fact corrupt itself, leading, not least, to incompetence.

I would like to add that an investigation into the rice scheme and particularly the PM at this time, will be viewed as nothing but political. The scheme needs investigating but not by starting at the top. Investigation into the affair should start at the point where rice is delivered, the first witnesses being the farmers. Any impropriety should be followed along the money trail which may or may not implicate the PM.

Edited by chrisrazz

What a bunch of BS, "the NACC, is but another tool of the rich elite power structure, and only do as they are ordered" That hypocrite stated the action was " not politically motivated or a political persecution" How does he explain the fact that this agency the you state has the "guts to do what is right", when they have been dragging their feet on the charges of corruption against the Abhisit government and the Democrats for over 3 years since PTP came to power in 2011.The cases are "GT-200 explosive detectors scam, the construction of Racthaburi hospital, Procurement under the Thai Khen Kaeng scheme, the construction of 396 police stations and also the corrupt Rice case under the Democrats and the Abhisit government.

Why has the NACC fast tracked the PTP rice case, while failing to address charged democrat corruption cases for over at least 3 years! If you believe that it is not "politically motivated" or "political persecution" you could also believe in the "Easter bunny and the tooth fairy".

The NCAA is doing what the elite has ordered them to do!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

Interesting to read the comment Mr Vicha Mahakhun:

The CDC announced that future prime ministers and Cabinet members should be barred from running the country in a caretaker capacity after the dissolution of the House of Representatives. An interim administration, under a person not formally titled prime minister to avoid legal confusion, will be selected by the Supreme Court, Supreme Administrative Court and Constitution Tribunal. In justifying the move, Vicha Mahakun, one CDC drafter, noted that politicians were like "hungry tigers, so are we really going to allow them to stay on [after House dissolution]?

Very much a "we are all good, you are all bad" kind of world view.

As for Mr Prasart Pongsivapai, I can't find anything interesting on him. Dragged along for some cred perhaps? Don't know.

I must say that I agree with Khun Vicha's comment. Very sensible suggestion. Nothing at all like "elections are evil". Politicians are like "hungry tigers". Very good imagery.

What a bunch of BS, "the NACC, is but another tool of the rich elite power structure, and only do as they are ordered" That hypocrite stated the action was " not politically motivated or a political persecution" How does he explain the fact that this agency the you state has the "guts to do what is right", when they have been dragging their feet on the charges of corruption against the Abhisit government and the Democrats for over 3 years since PTP came to power in 2011.The cases are "GT-200 explosive detectors scam, the construction of Racthaburi hospital, Procurement under the Thai Khen Kaeng scheme, the construction of 396 police stations and also the corrupt Rice case under the Democrats and the Abhisit government.

Why has the NACC fast tracked the PTP rice case, while failing to address charged democrat corruption cases for over at least 3 years! If you believe that it is not "politically motivated" or "political persecution" you could also believe in the "Easter bunny and the tooth fairy".

The NCAA is doing what the elite has ordered them to do!

Cheers

Absolutely correct and a point well made in today's Bangkok Post ( but you won't read about it in The Nation). They drag their feet endlessly on anything to do with the Democrats but move with lightning speed against PTP. This is nothing more than a joke and a further embarrassment for Thailand's attempts to deal with corruption in an even-handed way. This is Dracula in charge of the blood bank material

The probe and the impeachment will sure swing the votes to PTP - sympathy votes.

"Mr Vicha insisted that the probe against Ms Yingluck was not politically motivated or a political persecution against her."

The DEM and its PDRC/PCAD believes but not the rest of the Thais and some posters here.

You think politicians are above the law then? Or just certain ones.

Being elected doesn't mean corruption is legal. If she is innocent she has nothing to fear if she tells the truth.

• Like 1

Excuse me?

What do you mean paid? You think I am getting paid to post?!

I am not trolling, I am stating my view. If you would like do engage in adult debate instead of perceiving my join date as some sort of indication that I am being paid (WTH?), then I am more than willing to retort respectfully.

I would rather you did that to be honest and point out the flaws in my viewpoint.

Thank you.

I like the other posters whove commented find your turn of phrase undersireable you make comments without saying anything - we are right to leave you to swallow vomit alone!!

Ok, I can see now that I am the one being trolled here.

That's three people now who have talked about me rather than anything to do with the topic, one even accusing me of being paid smile.png

If you would like to leave me to swallow vomit alone then why reply to me at all?

I think it's obvious who's doing the trolling here.

Good debating with you guys.

thanks

i hope its a long goodbye

next ID....

The probe and the impeachment will sure swing the votes to PTP - sympathy votes.

"Mr Vicha insisted that the probe against Ms Yingluck was not politically motivated or a political persecution against her."

The DEM and its PDRC/PCAD believes but not the rest of the Thais and some posters here.

You think politicians are above the law then? Or just certain ones.

Being elected doesn't mean corruption is legal. If she is innocent she has nothing to fear if she tells the truth.

No one would disagree....if it is clear that the process is being undertaken without fear or favour....sadly not the case