Australian tourist visa

Australian embassy must be pretty quiet at the moment. Just got a tourist visa for my partners mother to come visit and it only took 2 days must be some kind of record lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Is it normally such a difficult request ?

Oldsailor, not sure, what do you think?...I really don't get your answer to be honest. Kind of an un applicable counter question.

Well done op, that must be the quickest visa time yet.

• Like 1

Nope no bond was required. I did submit my payslips and bank statement though as I stated that I was providing accomodation food and travel expenses. I was pretty pleased was a nightmare to get my partner one 4 years ago

My wife's current visa was approved on the same day the application was submitted. Mind you, it wasn't "available for collection" until about 3 weeks later.

Found that a little odd...

How did they notify you? I thought you didn't find out until you collected the passport.

There's like a cover letter that comes with the visa notice that gives you the details including what date the visa was accepted and what date the visa was granted.

They didn't give my wife any notification, until her messenger picked it up from VFS.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

In australia certified means that a suitably qualified person from a specific list of occupations signs the copy and states it is true and correct. However for this visa ap the mother in law certified them herself (was adamant she could certify her own documents) and they were all accepted (much to the mother in laws joy when she called to tell me I was wrong haha)

With regards to vfs, I have gotten through to a human only once and I cannot remember which options I pushed (probably random ones). Usually I drop in when in bkk they are right near a skytrain station so pretty easy.

Pres 0 about 6 times quickly in a row and you will get through. No I'm not joking it usually works with all those recorded services.

It does.

Most of these systems have a default that brings you to a human on the end of the line.

If you keep pressing any number above 5 you'll bypass the rubbish.

Edited by Jay Sata

When they say on the site re tourist visas, what is considered certified ?

"Do not provide original documents unless requested. You should provide ‘certified
copies’ of original documentation."

Mate, my understanding is that the Embassy, through the VFS (if you use them) required copies of sensitive documents with need to certified that they true and indeed a 'copy' of the original document.

Not knowing which documents you refer to, hard to give a definite, qualified reply.

But an example of what I had to do recently was, for the up coming Partner Visa Application for MissFarmGirl, I got copies of my Original Birth Certificate, Passport, Bank Statements so I could submit them as part of the Application.

These were certified by by a JP (Justice of the Peace) in Australia.

If you simply applying for a Tourist Visa, there wasn't much (none actually), from the Sponsors side that had to Certified to be submitted as a true and original copy.

What specific documents are considering being 'certified'? and what Visa does it relate to?

Besides any stat decs and police clearances, every document should be a certified copy that I can think of unless they ask for an original. Always turn up armed with originals and certifieds then just hand over what they want. If somethings forgotten your case officer will ring.

^^ Mate, for a Tourist Visa, when they asked for my financials, I simply photocopied my bank statement, blacked out my BSB and Acc # and submitted that ... no problems.

Different for a Settlement/Fiance Visa application though.

The above said ... no problems getting documents certified ... thumbsup.gif

My wife's current visa was approved on the same day the application was submitted. Mind you, it wasn't "available for collection" until about 3 weeks later.

Wow. VFS got that application over to the embassy on the same day then. Thats awesome service.

Wow. VFS got that application over to the embassy on the same day then. Thats awesome service.

Can't say I've paid attention to those particular points previously, only noticed it this time because the "collection" date was the same day that we were flying out.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app