Phablet Model Recommend

SailingHome

Hi, all. Wife wants a cheap but durable, good battery life Android phablet. Phablet - must take a sim. 3g is nice, but EDGE is fine for facebook. She likes 7". B3k to 4.5k price. Less?

Any models sound like that? Where is best to buy it?

Battery is most important, and it must be able to charge while using it.

I had a China import 2 years ago and the guts were wired with scotch tape, the battery was lead-acid, ... lasted 1 year but only got 1hr out of the battery and had to shut off to charge.

Thx!

Advice Distributers has the Mondo brand (Motion 7801Q) 7.85 in. screen same size as Ipad Mini. Quad core cpu takes 3G sim., 1gb ram, 8gb flash on board Should be about 3500 baht. I Have the 7 in. (7001Q) Wi-Fi only and I am quite happy with it. Just 2300 baht. Very quick with decent battery life. Have used it plugged in and charging.

• Like 1

Take a look at I-Mobile brand's products. Very good prices in the Thai market, widely sold, pretty good user reviews. And because they originated as a mobile phone seller, their models tend to have 3G capability. Build quality probably better than the cheapo Chinese no name models.

Also just check the electronics sections in Big C or Tesco to get an idea of what's widely available.

Advice Distributers has the Mondo brand (Motion 7801Q) 7.85 in. screen same size as Ipad Mini. Quad core cpu takes 3G sim., 1gb ram, 8gb flash on board Should be about 3500 baht. I Have the 7 in. (7001Q) Wi-Fi only and I am quite happy with it. Just 2300 baht. Very quick with decent battery life. Have used it plugged in and charging.

Advice distributors is local?

Take a look at I-Mobile brand's products. Very good prices in the Thai market, widely sold, pretty good user reviews. And because they originated as a mobile phone seller, their models tend to have 3G capability. Build quality probably better than the cheapo Chinese no name models.

Also just check the electronics sections in Big C or Tesco to get an idea of what's widely available.

Yeah, I looked at i-mobile last night. Good brand, comparable to the MyPhone series in Philippines that are well built. Same OEM. Good prices. No 3g Phablet size, but nice 5 and 6 inch.

A frirnd gave her a 9inch Coby tablet yesterday (no phone.) It keeps rebooting randomly. lol.

Re a couple of posts just above:

About the 2012 Nexus 7, I bought my wife a factory refurb unit from the U.S. for a Christmas present for about $115 for the 32 GB wifi model through a sale on NewEgg's EBay site. She's had it about a month now, and just loves it, including watching Thai Lakorns on it, and catching up on celebrity news videos, as well as Gmail for her work, etc etc... But, as noted, it's a wifi only model.

In our case, we have wifi at home, and she has wifi at her work, so no problems with connectivity. And when she's between, she still has her 3G data Samsung mobile phone, which covers things. However, at home, she makes phone calls all the time using the Nexus 7 via wifi using both the Skype and LINE apps. Skype sometime back had a special plan for $9.99 a month for unlimited calling to a bunch of different countries, including both landlines and mobiles in the U.S. and Thailand. So, every night, she's talking to her Mom on Skype using the Nexus 7 and our home wifi.

The nice part of the Skype calling plan is that the call recipient doesn't have to be using Skype or any particular app or smartphone. The call recipient can be any kind of phone and any number. With LINE via wifi, the calls are free, but the call recipient also has to be using LINE on the receiving device, whether it be PC, Android or IOS device.

Re the Lenovo A100, it's gotten OK but not great reviews, as you'd expect for the price. I seem to remember issues about the screen quality and issues with viewing angles on that particular model.

What a bunch of cheap Charlis you guys are, ha-ha.

I played with a 2012 and a 2013 Nexus 7 recently in Singapore and the 2013 model is awesome and the 2012 model is good but not in the same class.

I was also a cheap Charlie in 2012 and bought an Onda 792 tablet only to find out that the wi-fi is crap and can't be used on the patio outside my house. My IQ4 phone and Kindle readers no problem receiving wi-fi out there. Mr Onda also can't be used when charging.

My point is: If you buy cheap you get crap in +90% of the cases.

A good clear HD screen is a must as a minimum.

I am looking forward to the new Samsung tablets coming out soon but they will be expensive.

Yup. I know that. I simply don't need that much speed and power, so why pay for it? Status symbols don't matter to me any more.

That true.... I'm the same. Value for money .. I would still look at the Huawei mate 6.1 if i were you. Cracking bit of kit.. 7,590b @ Lazada.

Full phone functionality. Decent size (not to big. Not to small)

http://www.lazada.co.th/huawei-ascend-mate-white-109904.html

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-195835-13911516868916_thumb.jpg

post-195835-13911517061439_thumb.jpg

The Lazzada site seems to be a bit unclear about just how much RAM memory the Huawei device has... There are several references there to it having just 1 GB...and then there's a single reference that mentions 1 and 2 GB together.

Also, the website seems to be saying the device is currently out of stock.