Thai talk: An idiot's guide to this Sunday's election

webfact

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for myself, all I ask is: Respect my political privacy. The dilemma of deciding between a "No Vote" and "Vote No" is so daunting I can't tell you just yet what I'm going to do this Sunday.

It's the weekend but pretending to be an intellectual is still a full-time job.

Edited by JoeThePoster
  • Like 2

As a real idiot, I read the article. But it was written by real by a -120 IQ idiot, hence it was not meant for me.

Yes The IQ of a kipper. I dispare now of the Nation and Bangkok post, an interveiew with Sethup today, really poor reporting.A real whitewash publicity stunt Thai visa is about the best source of news I do hope they lay on something special for Sunday cheers

Edited by jollyman

Blimey Charlie, he says he I'd not telling anyone what to do and that you should know who you are voting for..Suthichai, your writing on an English language newspaper, just thought I would remind you. Maybe it would have been better telling us farangs what to do on Sunday. It must have been in a former life that I saw a Thai reading THE NATION.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"So, if you insist on exercising your right to vote, by all means cast your ballot. Your choice of parties might have been limited."

This seems to be another absurd statement. How many do they want?

There are about 40 political parties in this election .... so many that the names of some parties are Life-of-Brian-esque.

Blimey Charlie, he says he I'd not telling anyone what to do and that you should know who you are voting for..Suthichai, your writing on an English language newspaper, just thought I would remind you. Maybe it would have been better telling us farangs what to do on Sunday. It must have been in a former life that I saw a Thai reading THE NATION.

I don't think they sell many copies nor need to but they do have deep pockets.

I don't think they sell many copies nor need to but they do have deep pockets.
Maybe they should dig into those deep pockets and employ some decent reporters!

• Like 1

As a real idiot, I read the article. But it was written by real by a -120 IQ idiot, hence it was not meant for me.

Hey - you're talking about the editor of The Nation, you know.

And??

Hey - you're talking about the editor of The Nation, you know.

Is this his follow up to the Underpants story?

Why you asking, you interested in used men's underwear?

• Like 1

Well done! Don't pay attention to all of the bitter comments from other posters here. Not sure what their problem is, however it's certainly personal and nothing to do with what you wrote.

Thanks for a good start to the morning.

Lot's of hidden gems of wisdom and commentary nestled among the humour.

• Like 1

The author is over-creative, thinks too much. And a combination of having too much spare time. Just go to the box and vote. It is a basic right and I would very well protect it and be proud of it. Whatever the circumstances are in the political arena.

An idiot's guide to this Sunday's election

- Thaksin wins, Pheu Thai acts, takes the law into their own hands, and Yingluck can finally go to Hawaii

- the future Election committee will be replaced by Pheu Thai-ONLY members to ensure ABSOLUTE REDEMOCRACY

- the people of Thailand are screwed, out-bought, out-raided, out-taxed and brainwashed harder than ever

- Phu Yai-LAW "Never talk back or DARE to think differently to your elders no matter what

- If you speak up and make Phu Yai lose face, you will be severely punished or shot dead

- The rich and powerful can break the laws and get away with crime, murder or "mental illness-caused accidental crime and murders"

- the Falang will be taxed harder than ever and be blamed, no matter the problem

- TAT will create more toursim white lie slogans to delude the International public

- The DSI will just distribute arrest warrants and do nothing

- The government rather imports than export, just take and never give back to other nations

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif

Edited by MaxLee

A decade ago a small but unassuming party started in the UK with only a few seats, today it is contesting most is the 3rd largest has rocked the establishment and is changing the face of British political discussion and policy of the other 2 parties has been forced to change and even to give the people a referendum on Europe could possibly decide if the UK leaves the EU.

THAT is how you affect change on a system, it takes time thats all.

Dont tell me its not worth voting for another smaller party because they cant win, winning is not always the point or goal. PTP is not the only option.

This writer is what he says, an idiot and needs a guide.

Yes but you conveniently fail to mention that in the UK there is no mass buying of votes (using taxpayers funds) through schemes which send a country close to bankruptcy.

Yes and yes, and how does it get better than this? Most of you are right.

As far as I can gather, educated Thai people are aware of the problem and other countries have faced this problem.

Elections have to be maintained as part of the constitution, safety for voters must be ensured.

Voting choices may be limited, but a right to vote has to be maintained.

Neither major party has shown a real mandate to govern, and both are guilty of attempted crimes against the constitution.

Without real freedom of speech, this country can never achieve what England and other developed democracies have.

There will be no short answers.

Well done! Don't pay attention to all of the bitter comments from other posters here. Not sure what their problem is, however it's certainly personal and nothing to do with what you wrote.

Thanks for a good start to the morning.

Lot's of hidden gems of wisdom and commentary nestled among the humour.

Isn't it amazing that the majority of comments up till now are just an extension of the nonsense these people post over and over and over, same sh1t just a different topic. Also, it's pretty typical, only what we think or say has any worthwhile validity, that of course is in their own self centred opinion.

As for their problem - well, you know it might be something to do with intelligence, some people have it and some don't.

• Like 1

Like others, can't see why so many people are getting themselves in a lather about this. Seems eminently sensible to me. The title was probably asking for trouble, though.

On to the issue, my mrs was having exactly this dilemma: to not vote or to vote 'No vote'. I've heard some say they're concerned that even if you abstain, those votes might get unscrupulously counted for PTP. How much oversight is going on in 'the red villages' I wonder as for fair and double-checked tallying of votes?

The Farangs guide to Sundays Election

1. Stock up with Wine, beers,scotch,cognac,crips ( you must do this befor 2 PM saturday)

2 Get all your favourite DVD's ready

3 Set the Pc/mobile to Thai visa news

4 get slowly but surly pissed

5 keep off the streets

6 Pray for Thailand

very well put, let the Thai's sort it out! they have been shooting each other since 1973!

• Like 1