Any pool competitions still?

When I lived on Samui I used to play the pool comps at the Islander and Tropical Murphy's.

I'm coming back for a holiday in February and have heard a rumor that one night pool comps are no more because pool leagues have taken over.

Can anyone confirm this or let me know which bars on which nights where I can get a game please.

Thanks

HL

Samui Rock Cafe has sadly been sold and demolished, so no chance there anymore for Killa tournaments :(

Gonna miss that place and the cool people there, when we get back for this years vacation.

Maybe Premier sports bar in Bangrak do something similar?

I know they used to do Killa tournaments on fridays, the day after they had quiz nights.

Thanks for your reply Virt but I never play killer....I like playing pool whether 8 ball or 9 ball but killer is not pool!! Lol

HL

hehe you're right, but if there is a killer night, there might be ordinarry pool tournaments also?

To bad i didn't get a photo of the league list last time.They had a list on the wall with all the bars attending the pool league.

Happy days. Whatever happened to Tony Minogue/Hughes? The guy that along with Paul Watsons backing started the pool league. I remember when it started with 6 teams. Murphys, Ark bar (unbelievable, I know), Scream (gone) Fawlty Towers (gone) Portebello (in Choeng Mon) gone and Shooters (gone).

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Happy days. Whatever happened to Tony Minogue/Hughes? The guy that along with Paul Watsons backing started the pool league. I remember when it started with 6 teams. Murphys, Ark bar (unbelievable, I know), Scream (gone) Fawlty Towers (gone) Portebello (in Choeng Mon) gone and Shooters (gone).

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You're going back a few years now, they were great nights, the PFC bar when nick owned it when bob the towel was working there had some brilliant nights playing pool in those day's.

How about the Sportsman.....is that still going???

HL biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png

Been closed for years.

Good riddance an all....mind some of the snowfall might remain in the restrooms...

If i remember rightly the guy who took over he sportsman had a bed accident, on his motorbike driving home late one night.

Good riddance an all....mind some of the snowfall might remain in the restrooms...

If i remember rightly the guy who took over he sportsman had a bed accident, on his motorbike driving home late one night.

That was Keith but it was then taken over by a couple of other guys one of whom was called Tony. It was quite a big building, what is it used for now then?

HL

H L call into the Premier Sports Bar and ask about the pool league,,, if we are looking for players your welcome to join, if we are not I'm sure we can point you in the right direction.

Games are on a Monday and a Wednesday, it's not compulsory to play, so I'm sure if your not up for 2 nights every week you can just jump in if and when you feel like it.

Monday league consists of 4 single players and 2 pairs of players, so a minimum of 4 players or Max of 8, but the wednesday (league of gentlemen) is a bit more relaxed and you can play with as many players as you wish,, it's a race to 13 frames in the wednesday league so in theory, you could play with up to 13 players in a whitewash or more if frames are lost on both sides.... having said that, the serious teams play with 4 good players and the not so serious teams who are out for a good ole night of banter and beer will play with as many as they can muster.

Hope this helps ya

John @ Premier Sports Bar Bangrak

H L call into the Premier Sports Bar and ask about the pool league,,, if we are looking for players your welcome to join, if we are not I'm sure we can point you in the right direction.

Games are on a Monday and a Wednesday, it's not compulsory to play, so I'm sure if your not up for 2 nights every week you can just jump in if and when you feel like it.

Monday league consists of 4 single players and 2 pairs of players, so a minimum of 4 players or Max of 8, but the wednesday (league of gentlemen) is a bit more relaxed and you can play with as many players as you wish,, it's a race to 13 frames in the wednesday league so in theory, you could play with up to 13 players in a whitewash or more if frames are lost on both sides.... having said that, the serious teams play with 4 good players and the not so serious teams who are out for a good ole night of banter and beer will play with as many as they can muster.

Hope this helps ya

Hi John

Thanks for the invite but I am only there for a week, and we arrive on the wed and already have the evening booked I'm afraid. However I will call in for a drink and possibly we can sort something for the Monday, we leave on Tuesday morning. Look forward to meeting you.

HL

Hope this helps ya

Hi John

Thanks for the invite but I am only there for a week, and we arrive on the wed and already have the evening booked I'm afraid. However I will call in for a drink and possibly we can sort something for the Monday, we leave on Tuesday morning. Look forward to meeting you.

HL

You will enjoy the premier bar, John & Ian are top guy's.