Jimmy Wong Tattooist

paul_mx41

Could anyone help me out ?

I am in Bangkok for the first time in June, and while there I really want to visit Jimmy Wong to have a tattoo done.

Does anyone know whether Jimmy has an email address where I can message him before I just turn up, or is it easier to just turn up and wait for my turn to be tattooed.......or does he not do tattoos if i don't contact hime first ?!

Any help offered would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Paul.

What is so special about this guys tattoos ?

He is renowned worldwide for this tattooing ability, apparently putting an individual slant on all of his tattoos, which make them Jimmy Wong unique pieces.....something I want ! Any idea on a contact e-mail address ?

Edited by paul_mx41

Why do people obsess with getting tattoos in the 1st place anyway? I've never been able to understand. You'd have to pay me an awful lot of money to do it. I might get 1 if someone paid me 100K USD but not less. No F'ing way

I have a tatt by him and it's excellent. As well as that, while he's doing it he can tell you tales from the 60s when US soldiers were coming over for R&R, and half of what's now Bkk was just fields. Great tattooist, great bloke.

Why do people obsess with getting tattoos in the 1st place anyway? I've never been able to understand. You'd have to pay me an awful lot of money to do it. I might get 1 if someone paid me 100K USD but not less. No F'ing way

Fortunately, nobody cares that much about you :o

Im also going to be in Bangkok in June and I have the same plan. I've tried to hunt down his contact information but with no luck so far. Hopefully some of you outhere have it and will share it with us.

Which is the easiest way to get to his stuido from the international airport, any ideas?

What about other tattoo artists in Bangkok, any experience of e.g. his daughter Joy Wong?

I am in Bangkok for the first time in June, and while there I really want to visit Jimmy Wong to have a tattoo done.

Does anyone know whether Jimmy has an email address where I can message him before I just turn up, or is it easier to just turn up and wait for my turn to be tattooed.......or does he not do tattoos if i don't contact hime first ?!

Cheers, Paul.

Jimmy's daughter Joy handles email for him. I've PM'ed you the email address.

You can link to Wong's history, in his own words, from the website for last year's World Tattoo Festival in Bangkok. The email address is also listed there.

Many thanks for this ....... much appreciated.

Paul.

Cheers, Paul.

Jimmy's daughter Joy handles email for him. I've PM'ed you the email address.

You can link to Wong's history, in his own words, from the website for last year's World Tattoo Festival in Bangkok. The email address is also listed there.

Was just looking at the pages and came across this

In traditional Thai tattooing there are rules that must be followed. It is known as the Law of the Tattoo and Arjan masters are very serious about what is expected of their devotees. They are told to follow the law exactly. Young men sit on the floor of a studio waiting their turn and are told to read the rules and seriously consider how the tattoo will change their lives.

1. Be obedient and honor your parents.

2. Be faithful to your wife.

3. Don’t take drugs.

4. Don’t eat fruit and food that has fallen from the tree. Only eat fresh food.

5. Men with tattoos should not perform oral sex with women.

Oh well no more number 5 for all those lucky ladies out there..... hehe!!

In traditional Thai tattooing there are rules that must be followed. It is known as the Law of the Tattoo and Arjan masters are very serious about what is expected of their devotees. They are told to follow the law exactly. Young men sit on the floor of a studio waiting their turn and are told to read the rules and seriously consider how the tattoo will change their lives.

3. Don’t take drugs.

Yep i was doing well until number 5 as well :o:D better tell the wife, i am sure she will appreciate that one :D

Different strokes for different folks. :o:D:D

typical TV tosser. :o

3. Don’t take drugs.

But is there a logical reason or theory for this 5th rule? It makes me sad :D:o

• 2 years later...