Video: Thailand is spiraling out of control

Jonathan Fairfield

I thought Thaksin had the support in Isaan, not Nakhon Sawan and Chiang Mai?

Yes the family is from Chiang Mai - but Nakhon Sawan no I wouldn't think so too...

5:07 Now THAT is scary... And again makes other allegations about intimidation of the ricefarmers all that more trustworthy...

With the 2011 elections Pheu Thai gained support of nearly all the rice-growing provinces exactly because of the promised rice-subsidy.

attachicon.gif2011_Thai_general_election_results_per_region.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2011_Thai_general_election_results_per_region.png

I keep seeing that election result map popping up today.

I dfon'r know why people are still pimping it, because it means absolutely zero now.

I spent this evening talking almost exclusively about the elections and the troubles here in Thailand at the moment. The contrast of opinion about the PTP compared to 2 and a half years ago could not be so vivid.

PTP has lost MASSIVE support up here in the north now..... Yes I live in the north, and I have not found a single person willing to vote for them, they are hated here now, and it is just the UDD and their red shirt minority brigade of thugs that for some reason cling to supporting this rabble. I would say that 70% of the red on that map is either against Thaksin now, or at best swing areas.

The most interesting thing, is that I wanted to know if the PTP are buying votes still in the north, and not a single person has been approached by anyone. The wife's cousin has been trying to contact the lead campaigners to see where the money is available, and not a single baht being offered because the Dems are not running..... That says a lot doesn't it.

But I was being told that even if they get paid by PTP they are going to put their X in the 'no vote' section.

PTP seem pretty smug that this is a one horse race. But the number of votes counted will reveal the real and true picture. I would not be surprised if their count came to something like 8 million as opposed to over 15 million last time out..... Even if they secured 11 million votes, it woiuld have spelled a major defeat had the Dems run.... I can tell you that now, because I am there in the north talking to all the EX-PTP voters.

It's not a one horse race. There are many parties to choose from.

I really wish I could add links (links in Thai so PM me if you want them) showing rice farmers pleading with red shirts on a UDD stage only to be denounced as "DEM" sympathizers. Yingluck. Any comment on that?

Or rice farmers that are crying because the Red Shirts intimidated them to stop protesting and they have no avenue to pursue as their beloved party was their last hope. Yingluck. Any comment on that?

Or when rice farmers committing suicide when the are not getting paid after the 3rd promise. Yingluck. Any comment on that?

No comment on any of the above right?

BUT when it comes down to being reelected, to following that one principle of democracy so they can do the above again, she has her hands in a sweet "wai" on her FB page and pleads to be able to continue on. She even pleads to the courts to let her continue without even realizing that the courts don't adhere to pleading. They adhere to facts! The PTP's greatest enemy.

The PTP respect the majority? The rice scheme is helping the poor farmers? I don't see any evidence of this.

It is not the EC's fault. It is not the World Banks fault. It is not the IMF's fault. It is not UNHCR's fault. It is the PTP's fault and until they can accept they are human and make mistakes then they will be bound to fail. Until the Sister stops following her convicted criminal brother the PTP will continue to do criminal things.

post-140765-0-13644400-1391105389_thumb.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well First of all, we all know the story of Thaksin and his family. we know he is in many ways pulling the strings, in his favor. But thats leads to thpe ultimate question? Who is pulling Thaksins strings. All Thai say Farang. But we all know that is a answer too wide to actually take note of,

No What I need ot know What companies and what are their names. Is it Goldman Sachs, Is it Rockerfellas. or is it the chinese elite who I don't have any names on. Well Take care I am Sad too see my wonderful and beautiful Thailand Ripped apart from tis turmoil.

Edited by Ragzilb

So, who's planning to leave Thailand. I already have a Plan B. Will probably leave for a while anyway, as it's just getting worse and worse and could explode at any time. I don't want to be around when that happens.

If you left, where would you go. My next choice has always been Phnom Penh, but that seems to be going the same way.

Malaysia maybe or Europe for a while. Oh, hang on, there's a civil war about to start there as well.

And the winner of the headless chicken award is....

I would guess you'll have the exit queue to yourself.

IMO, things at the moment are better than 2008, 2009 and certainly 2010. In fact, the situation was worse during the floods in 2011.

As for the propaganda video, I remember seeing one shortly after the red shirts left town in 2010. Similar nonsense.

Don't believe anything the sensationalist, foreign press produce.

The Dems have really blown it. They got what they needed when new elections were called. They would have had a real shot at winning this election. Their best shot in many years. All they needed to do was to lean on the emotions surrounding the rice scandal and much of the red support would evaporate.

But this is Thailand and all they know is protest and coup. The democratic process never has a chance.

Thailand will not split in two, unless the farmers get paid.

Too much red hatred of Apisit, misplaced in my view, but that's their perception, for the Democrats to win under the current leadership. They need a change, Dr Surin or Korn after reforms of the country and their party have taken place.

The snap election within 2 months was too quick for those things to happen.

"Thailand is spiraling out of control"

It should read, Thailand has spiralled out of control!

Thailand has had plenty of rough patches in the past and while the Suthep plot has taken the county to new lows, it will come back from this: no chance of the country splitting. Sensible people in the opposition are already talking compromise and even Khun Abhisit is moving in the right direction now. Yingluck deserves a vote of gratitude for holding things together in extremely trying circumstances ...sure, she's not perfect but has done a great job under extreme pressure. Whatever....Thailand will survive this and become better and stronger in the end

• Like 1

MacWalen, on 30 Jan 2014 - 21:40, said:

Hopefully it doesn't split in two.

It has been split in two a long time ago, and the butcher's name that cut Thailand in two is Thaksin Siwanatra.

Yeeeeeeeees, before Thaksin if was all sunshine and singing and fluffy rabbits!

Some people really believe everything, they get fed!

• Like 1

Ah ah uh uh I think you have to ask for the army.

Oh Yingluck! clap2.gif

I wouldn't be blaming YL for that comment. She is very astute.

Sorry, I just had to correct your typo, I am sure you ment... 'I wouldn't be blaming YL for that comment. She is very cute.'

I know you could not have really ment 'astute'.

• Like 1

This ain't gonna stop after the election. Yellows will be unhappy, which will make the reds unhappy and same old same old.

It can only escalate and when something extremely significant to Thailand happens in the future……KaBOOM!

When the pain out weighs the pleasure then Thai people will change - as everyone else. Zenith leads to nadir.

MacWalen, on 30 Jan 2014 - 21:40, said:

Hopefully it doesn't split in two.

It has been split in two a long time ago, and the butcher's name that cut Thailand in two is Thaksin Siwanatra.

Yeeeeeeeees, before Thaksin if was all sunshine and singing and fluffy rabbits!

Some people really believe everything, they get fed!

Indeed. Before Thaksin....the series of disastrous govts, characterised by economic/ financial incompetence, mega corruption, cronyism on a huge scale.....but people forget ( or never knew) about The Bangkok Bank of Commerce and associated lunacy which led to the Asian Economic Crisis in the late 1990s. For some totally bizarre reason , some people here think the dems and others are good custodians of the economy....a JOKE

its a bit like forgetting labour always nearly bankrupts the UK, its a cycle and people seem to have a lot in common with goldfish in regards to having a memory. same same but different... for a while

There is no chance Thailand will split in two.

This report has deep misunderstandings of the Thai conflict.

Both sides are led by powerful interests, tycoons, police and military, judges, senior govt officials and their families. It is not a true grassroots conflict. Powerful interests are not prepared to destroy the economy or country. This conflict can be stopped at any time.

This kind of report is the type that posters should be attacking as shallow and poorly researched.

• Like 1

So, who's planning to leave Thailand. I already have a Plan B. Will probably leave for a while anyway, as it's just getting worse and worse and could explode at any time. I don't want to be around when that happens.

If you left, where would you go. My next choice has always been Phnom Penh, but that seems to be going the same way.

Malaysia maybe or Europe for a while. Oh, hang on, there's a civil war about to start there as well.

im leaving in a couple of days back to Europe for a while. I live here since some years as a Guest. Now the guest has enough. The guest takes a plane out of this mess. And the guest is looking forward to other options. Edited by Mentors

never colonised so they dont have rules that we all live by and instead are a lawless rabble and hoodlum controlled fiefdoms all over the realm .shame

Ithink you will find cambodia was a french colony and looked what happened there,so to vietnam,malaysia had a violent insurgency in the 1950's and Myanmar is changing but has been no poster boy for democracy in the past,so i fail to see that not being colonised has any bearing on the issue.

I left 4 years ago.

I remember my Thai friends laughing that it was just a temporary thing, wouldn't happen again, everything is okay, Thais love Thais, yada yada yada.

Now, as I chat with them online they are worried and afraid.

I wish I could share your optimism about the future of Thailand. I just can't see any way peaceful way forward. The days of the old order have finished, but this is impossible to discuss how and when this will happen.

What one can say is that once the toothpaste is out of the tube, there's no way to put it back.

"Thailand is spiraling out of control"
It should read, Thailand has spiralled out of control!

Thailand has had plenty of rough patches in the past and while the Suthep plot has taken the county to new lows, it will come back from this: no chance of the country splitting. Sensible people in the opposition are already talking compromise and even Khun Abhisit is moving in the right direction now. Yingluck deserves a vote of gratitude for holding things together in extremely trying circumstances ...sure, she's not perfect but has done a great job under extreme pressure. Whatever....Thailand will survive this and become better and stronger in the end

never colonised so they dont have rules that we all live by and instead are a lawless rabble and hoodlum controlled fiefdoms all over the realm .shame

This may be true. Thais are too selfish to think of the greater good for all so in the future the surrounding countries may excel and move ahead of LOS like Burma. Democracy is something a country earns not just accepts. Human rights and fairness and freedom of speech are not part of the values in Thai society. Money, power and greed is the creed - It is heartbreaking to see so many good people not do anything about their suffering or have any foresight about how life would be without a true democracy.

Tragic, absolutely tragic. Prime Minister Yingluck a good hearted, feeling, marionette jerked this way and that. When people look at her, especially those in her own party, they don't see her. They see her brother. She is invisible to them. She's a cypher, and only as useful as what can be read about her brother's needs and wants. An avatar. Sad, very sad.

post-13618-0-63937200-1391138570_thumb.p

"rules that we all live by" hehe he he.. u are too funny, must come visit your house hehehe he he he eh he he

hehe ..fark, I canna stop laffing

he he