Rice-pledge catastrophe could be final straw for Thailand

webfact

disgusting filthy behavior from all the corrupt siphoning money leading to farmers bankruptcy and suicide, so many families must be destitute, is there any morals or heart for your own people, best way to deal with these leaches is to freeze there accounts to bring them to a level that they helped create for the farmers, i spit on you

Oh Dear!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That this government can't even pay the farmers for their rice makes the government's leader over in Dubai's claim that his govt sent money overseas to him to the tune of 30,000,000,000 in october last year even more sickening. Although if the farmers really do love him as much as his fans on this forum have us believe, maybe they are happy for him that his wealth has skyrocketed by 450% in the last year thanks to him trousering their rice money. No doubt a huge consolation to them. A less kind person could consider it as fools getting exactly what they deserve

Where did you get this information? If true and provable it would surely be the final nail in the Shin coffin.
Go back and read my post #86

There is a link to Forbes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Remember that this article is from the hopelessly biased 'Nation'. The problem is that the EC wont let the government borrow the money it needs to pay the farmers.

However much has been syphoned off in corrupt payments, the scheme has let to financial stability for farmers (until now) and the Isaan economy is booming. Once the government is returned to power taxing the rich more and collecting taxes that are due (tax evasion here is worse than Greece) should seal the hole in the coffers.

The corruption is lamentable, but this scheme has resulted in a major redistribution of wealth. For too long the Isaan and Lanna have been the rice baskets for Bangkok and its source of cheap exploitable labour. This is changing and Sutheps patrons dont like it.

This sounds like the economic model hatched in the mind of Robert Mugabe.

Wrong Robert Mugabe is leading the protest in Bangkok, if he is allowed to govern you will never be able to get rid of him!

Cheers

One of family Mugabes best friend is working for Yingluck.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app