Thai minor travelling to Australia with Thai parent

Hi all,

My missus wants to bring her son (10 years) with her to Australia on her next visit.

She will only be staying 1 week as we just have some paper work to do together.

She is currently on her third multiple entry visa and usually stays 2 to 3 weeks.

Does she have to fill in a new tourist visa application for her son or is it possible for her to add her son to her current visa?

I have printed off the 1229 form for her son's father to fill in and that won't be a problem.

Her current visa expires in about October 2014.

I will do a bit more digging around and will send an email to the Australian embassy but maybe someone here has been through this process

Thanks,

Steve

"Does she have to fill in a new tourist visa application for her son or is it possible for her to add her son to her current visa?"

A separate application I'm afraid.

Is that just a separate application for her son or does she have to do a new application for herself with her son included on the application?

"Does she have to fill in a new tourist visa application for her son or is it possible for her to add her son to her current visa?"

A separate application I'm afraid.

Is that just a separate application for her son or does she have to do a new application for herself with her son included on the application?

If she's already got a visa then she doesn't need a new one.

She should cross reference when she applies for the child's visa.

Thanks everyone for their replies.

I must admit I am getting a bit fed up with filling in visa applications for my missus.

I want to go to Spain in June, no problem for me just get on the plane but I have to fill in a Schengan visa application for her.

God knows what I have to do if she wants to come with me to Ireland via the UK.

Steve

God knows what I have to do if she wants to come with me to Ireland via the UK.

The good news is that if she obtains a UK Entry Clearance, she no longer requires a separate visa to travel to the Republic of Ireland. Applies to Thai nationals as of last November.

See http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Visa%20Waiver%20Programme