Raising handel bars on 150 CBR

Randell

Does any one know where or how I can a couple of inches more elevation an the bars . There are just a bit low and it bothers my back and give me numbness in the hands. My wife bought the bike for me. It wouldn't have been my choice but not going to change. The dealer basically gave me a lift kit 2 in extensions on the front forks and the same on the shock. but that still leaves me more bent over than I want. I was hoping that with the extensions they could leave everything the same and just attach the bars to the extensions through the head stock(?) but the said the bars and head stock kind of locked together. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am up in Chiang Rai.

Randell

find a dirtbike shop and tell them you want to put offroad handle bars on it. Theyll drill holes in your top tripleclamp, put adpators on it and install handlebars. Theyll have to adjust for cable and wire position for taller position.

parts - 1200 baht

or for right now loosen the allen bolts securing the clipons, and move them towards you, itll bring it back about an inch, giving a shorter reach and making you more upright.

got to any run-down bike part shop and tell them you have a yamaha rx-z.

tell them you need a handlebar raiser.

adds around 2 inches height on the handlebar and around 1-1.5 inch pull back.

i bought them in chumpon and am very satisfied with them.

allen keys are all that's required for you to install them.

cost me 55 bht, no more back pains for me :)

here ya go.. not cheap but excellent quality it seems.

https://www.helibars.com/product/honda-cbr250r-replacement-handlebars

http://japan.webike.net/products/20306190.html

as far as i'm aware the handle bars are the same for cbr 150 and 250.. but check as i may be wrong.

This looks like a winner! I swear I have stared at the problem for HOURS! Tank and windshield clearance, hand position, blah, blah... This above looks perfect!

I'm not sure if your extensions that you already have done may necessitate longer cables, brake line, electrical, etc. Rerouting of some lines may be possible. Now if you could raise the seat and move the footpegs forward you would be getting toward the CB500X. Everything is a compromise!

Edited by Longtooth

cost me 55 bht, no more back pains for me smile.png

Is there anyone who has any pictures of this . I'm not getting any where trying to explain. Also the dealer had some fork extensions put on the bike and then a shackle on the shock which made it the very same riding position. An the whole bike up in the air way to much wind resistance and bouncy shock. My question is if the shackle is removed and the Head stock (triple tree?) is loosen and brought back to original height but extensions left in place. Would that be ok that would give me my 2 in. elevation and some pull back. But the mechanic from the dealer was real resistant to doing this so not sure . I would rather not drill the head stock if I can avoid it some other way Any one?

cost me 55 bht, no more back pains for me smile.png

Is there anyone who has any pictures of this . I'm not getting any where trying to explain. Also the dealer had some fork extensions put on the bike and then a shackle on the shock which made it the very same riding position. An the whole bike up in the air way to much wind resistance and bouncy shock. My question is if the shackle is removed and the Head stock (triple tree?) is loosen and brought back to original height but extensions left in place. Would that be ok that would give me my 2 in. elevation and some pull back. But the mechanic from the dealer was real resistant to doing this so not sure . I would rather not drill the head stock if I can avoid it some other way Any one?

This pict is the Rxz :

And maybe these guys can help

http://www.2tthailand.com/smf/index.php?topic=10322.0

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-195835-13917873874227_thumb.jpg

Thank you for the picture and the link I think it might be useful to the small shop where I hope to have the work done. I have the bike back at the dealer taking every thing off and bringing it back to original. I will then proceed. I would really prefer not to have to drill the triple tree head stock. But Its just to painful a riding position the way it is. My hands go numb and back gets ore quickly.. I might add that I'm a big guy so I know its not the ideal bike for me but due to the way in which the wife came up with the surprise I am going to do all I can to make it work. But so far have not been able to come up with any RX-Z risers but will keep at it thanks again

Randell

Thank you for the picture and the link I think it might be useful to the small shop where I hope to have the work done. I have the bike back at the dealer taking every thing off and bringing it back to original. I will then proceed. I would really prefer not to have to drill the triple tree head stock. But Its just to painful a riding position the way it is. My hands go numb and back gets ore quickly.. I might add that I'm a big guy so I know its not the ideal bike for me but due to the way in which the wife came up with the surprise I am going to do all I can to make it work. But so far have not been able to come up with any RX-Z risers but will keep at it thanks again

Randell

Randell Here is the EBAY link that has 3 pages of risers

http://www.ebay.com/sch/6000/i.html?_nkw=motorcycle+handlebar+risers&_dmpt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&_rdc=2

This is what I put on my Kawasaki 650 ER6n You may want to to consider some foam grips as well they cut down on the hands going numb tremendously. I would offer to pick a set up for you but I won't be going back to California till June Returning in July. If you can wait that long I could carry a set back with me or it would cost you probably $15.00 -$20.00 to ship to Thailand. Mine are a 2" rise. You will need to check & reroute any of the cables & wires or extend either to make a riser work as mentioned before. With most of the riser kits you may need to get a slightly longer set of bolts or make them slightly shorter. I had to chop off the bolts 1/8" with the new bolts supplied on mine. Foam grips run about 600 baht .Good luck!

post-32440-0-77659300-1391949529_thumb.j

Edited by Beardog

Thanks very much Beardog for the link and the picture the pics sure help when trying to explain things here. I am still going to see if I can find the Yamaha RX-Z riser that have been mentioned as they are here and local I just haven't been able to track them down as of yet still working on it thought. And nice bike I would love to own something bigger but at the moment will work with what I have and plan on enjoying the wife's gift. Thanks again and any one know where to get those RX-Z risers in Chiang Rai please let me know save me a lot of running around to every little shop and going through the pantomime and showing the picture only to get no hab. ha ha

Randell

Sorry for keeping on about this but I rally am having no luck finding the RX-Z risers that were mentioned. As I prefer to keep the bike original and not have to drill for new risers for motocross bars. I would really like to try to some how raise my clip-ons with some thing Again any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Sorry for keeping on about this but I rally am having no luck finding the RX-Z risers that were mentioned. As I prefer to keep the bike original and not have to drill for new risers for motocross bars. I would really like to try to some how raise my clip-ons with some thing Again any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Randell. Just drill the risers ..or put up with it!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app