Gentlemen, It appears we are Isaan's version of the IMF

GinBoy2

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

l am a aussie live sissaket and love it. stay here on and off. building home maybe 1 year.also brit guy doctor works aussie land he build near me too. just small village.

and we also have italian comes and goes and one german man keeps to himself.the local blokes sure like there whisky cant do a job without it.

Edited by davetrout
  • Like 1

Just think, you might have connected with a woman from the south of Thailand. Then what would you do? Isan women know how to suck the blood out of you a lot better. Wonder who will cut the grass from those jungle houses when the farang dies.

• Like 1

I often ask the Ferang that live in Nakon Nowhere , " If you drove through this village touring , would you have stopped and said " Yes this is where I want to settle down for my life " .... 99 % have all said No way .... the missus brought me here ..... interesting .... was that you ???? .....coffee1.gif

You could say the same about Rotherham, Watford, Dundee , etc , etc , coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 2

I often ask the Ferang that live in Nakon Nowhere , " If you drove through this village touring , would you have stopped and said " Yes this is where I want to settle down for my life " .... 99 % have all said No way .... the missus brought me here ..... interesting .... was that you ???? .....coffee1.gif

You could say the same about Rotherham, Watford, Dundee , etc , etc , coffee1.gifcoffee1.gifcoffee1.gif

Ahhhhh ...... Lost me there ???? ......... Are they your friends names?? ... , because they certainly aren't Isaan villages ............whistling.gif

• Like 1

I'm hoping if I spend enough money, they'll erect a statue of me in the middle of town. Right next to Thaksin.

My thoughts are exactly the opposite. When I spend money, it's to get my erection pulled down.

Now a days I need to pay for the erection to be put up, and then even more to get it pulled down.. The amount of money I have spent on that bloody erection over the last twenty years could have built a whole issan village...... It probably did!!!

laugh.pngcheesy.gif

Nice one!

.............and the guys from UK never make it up to here, They can mostly be found

down in Pattaya in a white T-shirt, shorts black socks with flip flops and not that sober at all.....

Glegolo

Stuff and nonsense............just a little research would show the first part of that statement to be bilge and the guys with black socks and flip-flops are most assuredly German!

• Like 2

so go ask all the farang offspring, if old enough and nothing to do, to go protest in bangkok, for some basic rights for all those farangs that bring wealth to the (up)country

You got a point here, maybe a good subject for a thread here on Thai Visa. I don't have offspring but I wouldn't mind putting in some effort myself to improve the rights for the married with Thai Farang living here in Thailand.

wai2.gifwai.gif

I spent the last three weeks touring Issan. I stayed in every sizeable city and rarely saw a farang. There were a few but to think farangs are making an impact on the Issan economy is ridiculous. I can't tell you how often children just stared at me in wonderment. We remain a rare breed in this area of the country. Yes there are married farangs in the baan, that doesn't equate to anything but a minimal impact on the economy.

Your recent trip is something ive wanted to do for a while, it sounds like a cool experience, id really like to know more about it if you have time. PM me if you dont want to post about it on here. It would be much appreciated .

so go ask all the farang offspring, if old enough and nothing to do, to go protest in bangkok, for some basic rights for all those farangs that bring wealth to the (up)country

How do you think the Chinese weild so much power in Thailand, they beat us to the punch... the day of the luk Krueng is dawning.. Go forth and multiply+++++

Edited by ozsamurai

I spent the last three weeks touring Issan. I stayed in every sizeable city and rarely saw a farang. There were a few but to think farangs are making an impact on the Issan economy is ridiculous. I can't tell you how often children just stared at me in wonderment. We remain a rare breed in this area of the country. Yes there are married farangs in the baan, that doesn't equate to anything but a minimal impact on the economy.

You obviously didn't travel around nong khai region , there's plenty of farang there many of which are good friends together ( all nationalities ) and yes we do put a lot of money into the community !