where to buy kretek / clove cigarettes

gatsby32

Anybody know where I can buy kretek / clove cigarettes in Chiang Mai? I have no leads at the moment.

I found an old thread from 2006 which mentioned some mythical tobacco shop near the night bazaar. 3 hours of walking around later, i might have found the referenced place or i might not have, but i didn't find any cloves for sale.

Any help is appreciated!

They are now illegal

Of course this does not mean unavailable.

You often smell the unique aroma in Had Yai.

I used to partake but apart from availibility they are extremely tarful

If you cannot do without easily obtained Sampoena in Malaysia and Gudang full hits in Indian stalls e..g at Pasar Seni KL

www.thaivisa.com › Thailand ForumNewsThailand News
Jan 27, 2012 - 25 posts - ‎22 authors

Page 1 of 4 - Experts Warn Against Clove Cigarettes: Thailand - posted in ... Before beingbanned, the clove cigarettes held a Bt1trillion mark

They are now illegal

If you cannot do without easily obtained Sampoena in Malaysia and Gudang full hits in Indian stalls e..g at Pasar Seni KL

Page 1 of 4 - Experts Warn Against Clove Cigarettes: Thailand - posted in ... Before beingbanned, the clove cigarettes held a Bt1trillion mark

Caused a few early deaths of teens in the USA and banned in some states a while back.

They are now illegal

Caused a few early deaths of teens in the USA and banned in some states a while back.

back in high school lol. unfiltered kuta kretek. that was cool. rumor had it they could cause blisters on your lungs.

rumor is the key word there. there's no doubt they're bad for your health. but i can imagine everybody already knew that before these few posts.

anybody know when they became illegal here in thailand? i heard they were found at rincome night market as late as 2008. not sure if they're still there, i'll go take a look when i can spare another 3 hours.