Bridge opening time for Savannakhet

I plan to head up to Savannakhet on Tuesday driving from Ubon, just checking what time the first bus leaves in the morning to cross the bridge. For any one having done this trip is there enough time to get to the TC before the 11.00am deadline to recive the visa application.

Bridge now opens at 06:00. You will have plenty of time to get to the consulate. It should take less than an hour to cross bridge and get to the consulate.

I did it several years ago when the bridge opened at 7. But did not get across the bridge until almost 9 waiting for my wife and daughter to get a border pass.

Bridge now opens at 06:00. You will have plenty of time to get to the consulate. It should take less than an hour to cross bridge and get to the consulate.

I did it several years ago when the bridge opened at 7. But did not get across the bridge until almost 9 waiting for my wife and daughter to get a border pass.

Thanks for the info, would you happen to know what time the Lao passport control office is open. I am thinking that i can stamp out of Thailand at 06.00 and then have a long wait for the following.

1. I am unsure and can find no information what time the first bus departs

2. I have also no information at what time the Lao passport control office opens

Knowing my luck i will appear at 06.00 and then be informed the Lao passport control opens at 09.00

I suggest you arrive about 7. The buses will be running then for sure and the Lao VOA office will for sure be open.

The buses run from Mukdahan to Savannakhet and stop to pick up passengers after Thai immigration and then will wait for you while you get your visa and then on into the city bus station. From there you can get a Tuk Tuk to the consulate.

I suggest you arrive about 7. The buses will be running then for sure and the Lao VOA office will for sure be open.

The buses run from Mukdahan to Savannakhet and stop to pick up passengers after Thai immigration and then will wait for you while you get your visa and then on into the city bus station. From there you can get a Tuk Tuk to the consulate.

Have done it a few times..

Bus to Savannakhet ? did that and found out my error.........Tuk Tuk Savannakhet Bus Station to Thai Consulate cost 60 baht........ Bridge to Thai Consulate cost 60 baht.. may need to haggle price

Mukdahan Bus Station to Savannakhet Bus Station 45 baht [ 7 months ago.]