Hardly any signs of imminent elections

Chiengmaijoe

Considering there will be a National election tomorrow you'd hardly know about it by walking around town. Normally there would be incessant noise from songthaews crawling along blurting out election slogans and election banners on practically every post or tree. One year the moat was almost completely ringed by banners. I suppose the fact that no one was really sure until recently that it would actually take place and the fact that there is practically no opposition explains it.

Yes it's true - because I live out of town and near a couple of moo bahns, we usually get several of the beggars turning up with a cacophony of incoherent ramblings (as they over lap each other) day in and day out for weeks up to the election - but none so far - thankfully! Like it is really worth their doing anything more than putting up a single poster per street saying "Tick box 1 for Red" that's all most of the locals need anyway.

At the local election end of last year - we even had an open top truck carrying scores of cheering people come around - no signage at all - no loud speaker - no speeches - just seemingly very happy people cheering - it was the "guess the party" float I think. Either that or a funeral possession for a local Dem.

How can anyone vote sensibly when no parties have put forward

their policies or will it just be more of the same ,populist policies,

corruption and nepotism,that already have gotten Thailand into

such an almighty mess,and turned the population against each other.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

For quite a few Thais I know they have already gone back to their villages for Chinese New Year and will be voting there. Do not think they have any Dem posters within a hundred mile.

Yes. I am with my wife now in Nakon Sawan. Came for the new year and for her to vote in her village. Just past several polling stations and they are vacant. I asked her what is the point in voting. " if i not vote they will USE my vote. I will excersice my vote and vote for noone" family will do same. These are rice farmers. Results of this election may have a few twists and turns. Interesting stuff.

• Like 1

For quite a few Thais I know they have already gone back to their villages for Chinese New Year and will be voting there. Do not think they have any Dem posters within a hundred mile.

Yes. I am with my wife now in Nakon Sawan. Came for the new year and for her to vote in her village. Just past several polling stations and they are vacant. I asked her what is the point in voting. " if i not vote they will USE my vote. I will excersice my vote and vote for noone" family will do same. These are rice farmers. Results of this election may have a few twists and turns. Interesting stuff.

Same in Surin.

Wife just voted and the copper on duty told her that sutep had been shot. <deleted>. I dont see any news on this. Was he trying to gage her responce to see which way she will vote. Why would he say this to her just before she votes?

Wife just voted and the copper on duty told her that sutep had been shot. <deleted>. I dont see any news on this. Was he trying to gage her responce to see which way she will vote. Why would he say this to her just before she votes?

Posted A minute ago

RT@Lerlaforever: Suthep: If u want to go to vote, go ahead, just don't go with lighting candle as it's still day time.

Posted A minute ago

RT@Lerlaforever: Suthep: If u want to go to vote, go ahead, just don't go with lighting candle as it's still day time.

Not exactly sure what ur trying to say. One should be able to vote if they choose without any INTIMADATION from the official on duty. This was just that. Total BS to get the voters to think ......what?