Building On Fire

raybkk

Sitting in my living room looking outside I saw some smoke coming out from a building nearby. (120 post-6014-1148444720_thumb.jpgpost-6014-1148444720_thumb.jpgmeters)

30 Minutes later fire trucks arrive.. Pouring water for 2 hours non stop towards the top floor of the 7 story building. I was just thinking about the weight they pour in.

Loud Bang! Crash…….. This huge building has given up its life… Collapsed…

Some people must have got injured as in the front of the building the trucks where parked… Now all in Dust… Scary.

Area of location: Satu Pradit, Soi wat pai Gnern….

Pictures arent that clear as taken by Phone...

post-6014-1148444789_thumb.jpg

Floors of a building collapse after fire

Fire engulfed a building in in Soi Chan in Phrayakrai district for hours, causing third and fourth floors to collapse, police said.

The building was used as storage for jeans.

The fire started at about 9am and firefighters faced difficulties in putting out the blaze as the storage was deep in the soi.

--The Nation 2006-05-24

Fire engulfs a Hara jeans storage in Bangkok

BANGKOK: -- Floors of a storage building that was engulfed by fire in Wat Prayakrai district on Wednesday morning collapsed, injuring some workers.

Bangkok Metropolitan Administration declared the area as a dangerous zone.

The fire started at about 9am at a building that was used a storage for Hara jeans, police said. Police and firefighters faced difficulties in putting out the blaze as it was situated in narrow and crowded soil.

The fire was so severe that caused the collapse of second and third floors of the building.

Bangkok Governor Apirak Kosayothin said there were some seven people who were injured in the blaze. Officials are still verifying a report that about ten people were trapped inside the building.

"We already declare the area as a dangerous zone out of fear that the whole building can be collapsed,' Apirak said.

Meanwhile a blaze engulfed a laundry building in Chiang Mai palace but caused no injuries, police said.

The one-storey building was razed to the ground and the fire destroyed all laundry equipment, police said. Investigation is underway to find the cause of the fire.

--The Nation 2006-05-24

Here's a little factoid or urban legend perhaps for those involved in the textiles biz: Hara jeans were originally imported by the Kamolvisit family (Chuwit's folks). He made his first few million in his late teens by taking overstocks, removing the labels and selling them as generic jeans (at street prices).

:o

Here's a little factoid or urban legend perhaps for those involved in the textiles biz: Hara jeans were originally imported by the Kamolvisit family (Chuwit's folks). He made his first few million in his late teens by taking overstocks, removing the labels and selling them as generic jeans (at street prices).

:o

Well... I just got back home (11.50 PM) and the soi is still blocked and they are still pouring water.....

Thats 17 hours AFTER it started.......

One thing for sure... wasn't my fine tobaccos...

I will post some pictures..

Ray