Red wave set to swamp Bangkok

Lite Beer

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you mentioned abot getting rid of the Chinese Thai elite, good lets start with the rebel rouser first -the one that is still today causing thee problem--The big Chinese Thai himself Thaksin.

Thaksin in his Machiavellian style power play started for real the political awareness among poor northern Thais. He probably never intended it to become such a large political force, he just wanted the top spot in Thai government by using them.

Anyway, he and his sister will some day be voted out of power but the awareness and political influence by voting are here to stay. If the Bangkok yellow elite tries to deny the northerners from voting, it could turn very ugly.

If it was your business that was going under-----you would sack the management first----then (vote) recruit to start on the right path.

You would never let them stay in management.

If it would be the business the management change would be done by the shareholder, in this case by the Thai people with majority vote.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I was not referring to big mega business. I was referring to your business, no shareholders. sack the sticky fingers first to save you becoming bankrupt--only sensible........................then you find out ways to fill the void.

So you as in the PMs case keep the sticky fingers and have a vote first then later the courts take her or PTP out and you in the meantime are penny less.

First,...you must not be familiar with the North, and their supreme patience thus far. Second, you must not be familiar with how people who have been "bullied" reach a snapping point.

The PDRC goebbelesque propaganda has gone too far,...in a Country without sexist, racist, elitist, it would have never begun.

Like in the good old days of the 1930's Europe - You threathen by violence - hooligans from North will march towards an otherwice peaceful protest - peaceful and peacefully blocking (for the most parts) protest... I any normal democracy protests are legal and even part of the democracy...

You obviously haven't seen the news footage being watched by the rest of the World at this moment. Protest is legal, yes, physicly preventing electors from voting by force is not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26004195

As for peaceful.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25998717

The word Tai is a Chinese word - tey were a very large China tribe that migrated here to Chiang Mai and the central regions around Phitsanolok and Sukhothai around 800 years ago. The oldest known mention of their existence in the region is made by the exonym Siamese scriptures of the1200's.They mixed with the indigenous population and formed the mainstream thai culture - The lanna and Ayuthaya cultures came from these people and were moved to Sukhothai and Bangkok. The Northeast of Thailand was largely unaffected by Chinese migration hence they are indigenous tribes of different variety. To look at recent migrations from China is a drop in the ocean against what happened in the 800 years before regarding the effect of the Chinese in Thailand - The Shinawatras came to Thailand and took over the silk trade in the North. So where as your argument about Chinese elite democrats - it was China who banned a recent movei based on Thaksins rule of Thailand and his empeachment in 2008. i hope this is of help to you!

If you got your education in the Thai schools you need to start over and do it again.

Ohhhhhh really? You think Thai people dont know their own history - please correct me or do you just like appearing arrogant and ignorant?!! Maybe your village knows better.

Funny that there are wearing anti-government protestor arm bands. Perhaps waiting for haridan Thida to run off a batch of special edition Truth Today arm bands. Actually since their government got into power they have shown less interest I disseminating the truth today.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

What is anyone with a Moderator title doing making posts and especially posts like this one?

TVF should strip your Moderator title.

Or boot you for trolling.

• Like 2

First,...you must not be familiar with the North, and their supreme patience thus far. Second, you must not be familiar with how people who have been "bullied" reach a snapping point.

The PDRC goebbelesque propaganda has gone too far,...in a Country without sexist, racist, elitist, it would have never begun.

Like in the good old days of the 1930's Europe - You threathen by violence - hooligans from North will march towards an otherwice peaceful protest - peaceful and peacefully blocking (for the most parts) protest... I any normal democracy protests are legal and even part of the democracy...

You obviously haven't seen the news footage being watched by the rest of the World at this moment. Protest is legal, yes, physicly preventing electors from voting by force is not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-26004195

As for peaceful.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25998717

How about burning down buildings to bring back a wanted murderer and dictator - is that legal?? Oh sorry we shouldnt discuss such things should we?

Many seem to be shouting war and trying to ignite one. All caused by one single person for greed and desire of greatness. 64 years old and gathered billions. Still it's not enough. How does he think he can return to Thailand and live? Become president of the north? It will not happen.

It's certainly bizarre the same can be said of suthep at their age why bother

Funny that there are wearing anti-government protestor arm bands. Perhaps waiting for haridan Thida to run off a batch of special edition Truth Today arm bands. Actually since their government got into power they have shown less interest I disseminating the truth today.

What is anyone with a Moderator title doing making posts and especially posts like this one?

Ahh, another part time "Moderator", trolling perhaps? And one who does fit the definition of trolling...."submit a deliberately provocative posting to an online message board with the aim of inciting an angry response."

Edited by LadPhrao123

As with much else, James. You must have one of those fake constitutions they sell in Bangkok next to the dodgy Rolex. You see the real one has no provision whatsoever for just scrapping elections at the whim of one man, and replacing an elected Government by a bunch of self-appointed dignitaries.

...........but seems to be quite comfortable with re appointing an impeached criminal residing in Dubai who was found guilty as charged with "dictatorship, demagogy, corruption, conflict of interests, human rights offences, acting undiplomatically, the use of legal loopholes and hostility towards a free press". There are still outstanding charges against him for lese majeste, treason, usurping religious funds and acting against higher authority, selling assets to international investors and keeping the profits and finally religious desecration - The ones in quotes are those upheld by the Supreme court of Thailand against Thaksin Shinawatra - ITS ALL ABOUT HIM - If a US President was found guilty of these crimes he would NOT be allowed to regain power a'la Nixon!!- THATS THE TRUTH TODAY!!! .......coffee1.gif

Funny, I didn't know that Thaksin was running for PM in this election.

IMO (and I think in most of the outside World) the charges and verdicts against him were purely political in nature, about as honest as Stalin's "Show trials", which is why not one Country took the slightest notice of the Dem's International Arrest Warrant!

Many seem to be shouting war and trying to ignite one. All caused by one single person for greed and desire of greatness. 64 years old and gathered billions. Still it's not enough. How does he think he can return to Thailand and live? Become president of the north? It will not happen.

One really has to be a blind fool to write such rubbish. So you are against democracy?! Go back to your home country, Thailand does not need your kinds of expats!

May I remind you part of democracy is freedom of speech which applies to everyone even expats and even if you do not agree with what a person says. Remarks like yours just shows you do not want true democracy or do not really understand what true democracy is which unfortunately seems to be very common with both the red and yellow shirts but of course what do us foreigners know.

Me ANGRY HAHA

You need to check your own posts.

Anyone who disagrees with you gets a bashing.

As for the Red comment.

Never been a fan of his never will be.

But you need to channel your undoubted hatred of him into

something more positive.

Post some solutions REFORMS

Seems no one wants to say what reforms should take place.

By the way if you are Thai i am truly amazed at the way you write.(compliment)

Must have been educated overseas

I take it that was aimed at me because of our previous conversation - next time see if you can manage to continue the thread properly and include the post you refer to - since you ask - and i apologise to moderator if i shouldnt post this on here - I was given a scholarship to study at an Canadian University and lived in Ontario for 12 years!!

I do as you suggest dislike Thaksin immensely - his corruption has created a vacuum in Thailand - it is hard to propose anything sensible because anything other than amnesty and a Pheu Thai Government created to bring in what Thaksin wants to happen in the future is voiced as being undemocratic. i want all Thai people to be equal, I do not see it wrong that wealth in Thailand is shared and the people in the North have as much rights as those on the South and Bangkok - What they do not have is a right to thrust a bad Shinawatra future on us because of their manipulation in the villages and the last 2 1/2 years has proved that the Pheu Thai are unfit to govern.

You are right - we need reforms - what we dont need is more corruption and a list of charges that the supremem court will be bullied to brush under the carpet. Dont think about rights for poor Thais think about Thaksins charges and the fact that he is a corrupt criminal dictator.

• Like 2

In 2010 it was very close of starting a civil war. Government buildings already were burning all over the place but for some unknown reason it did not escalate beyond that. This time we might not be so lucky.

“I want there to be lots of violence to put an end to all this,” he said. “I’m bored by speeches. It’s time to clean the country, to get rid of the elite, all of them.”

That uttered from the mouth of a red shirt "leader"

Just so you know who's hoping for bloodshed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/10606562/Thai-red-shirts-leader-says-Its-time-to-get-rid-of-the-elite.html

Bloodshed could benefit both sides. Both sides are armed. There is no 'good' side here and if you take sides you need to think again. War benefits whichever side wins.

It seems that the army has somewhat been brought "under control" because the generals realize that a coup would not be accepted anymore.

Any coup from the army would lead to a general uprising in the populated north.

On the other side, the courts still can be seen by many as an "independent" body not scared to involve itself with the minority trying to gain power over the majority.

As long as the courts cannot be seen as impartial by the majority of people it's difficult to blame the reds when they want to fight to protect the people's basic rights.

Let's hope that there will be no need for the reds to go at war to defend democracy... and that all those trying to overthrow democracy by any means (criminal, coup, court rulings, ...) pay for their crimes.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by gerry1011

No good voting some maggots back in, same problem. The only way forward is to get the courts to kill the maggots off-get rid of them ALL.

Then you can sit down once the rabble has departed get your big changes in laws and reform. OOO la La Elections.

You seem to be missing the fundamental point of a democracy, which is that if the majority of the people, want the maggots.. They have the right to choose them.

The fact that they are in your minority opinion (and mine) maggots, doesnt give you the right to deny that.

You seem to be also missing the point, Governments sticky fingers means instant dismissal, in any business you get rid on the spot.

In these special cases no one should have the right to therefore state when elections should take place---there should not be a caretaker PTP government.

The people have that voting right after the cancer is terminated.

Your business manager that you fired --you would give him more room to get his fingers in the till.

Massive tribunal/courts to be set up, everyone out that is guilty.

Then give the people that right to vote freely without hindrance.--never deny the democratic freedom.

The PM is under instruction to do it this way to cling to power for their self interest----BUT doing it cleverly under the disguise of the voting mechanism.

Hang all the wrong doers high ---FIRST WHOEVER they may be.

Naive contradictory babble.

Good men do bad things and power corrupts we all know this, so he used the north.... end result is hes not here but the north is booming .. now why is that ? because the good done outlasts the bad.

Every academic of note accepts the good done in those early years they should not be pretended as bad because they wernt, i dont even like admitting it myself but its simple undeniable fact.

Suthep on the other hand has done sweet FA but feather his own nest and his handlers ... now if you want to compare the two I will come down on the side of Thaksin every single time because he at least benefited millions and it will continue to and never tried to stop the people from voting whereas Suthep .... well i dont know what his achievements have been apart from being a leader repeatedly when civilians are getting shot at by his orders at worst or acquiescence at best.

Nobody seems to get this. Thanks for posting. They call Thaksin corrupt and full of self-interest. What politician ISN'T? Bottom line is that living in Isaan for almost 9 years it's easy to see how much Thaksin's policies have benefitted the region. The standards of living are much higher now and it's made my own personal life here easier as time goes forward, and that's certainly the case for those around me.

Is it all perfect? No.. Yingluck's gov't has created a lot of problems for farmers, no question, primarily the rubber tree and rice farmers (our per kilo rate is much lower this year than last), and strangely the pig market plummeted once she got into office, but ultimately conditions are better for the poor here than they've ever been. My wife didn't vote for her, but my wife went to vote. At least here she has that option. This situation at the polls in Bangkok is extremely disheartening.

the problem with the farang and others in Bangkok & Pattaya seems to be that they are completely unaware or indifferent just how much a difference Thaksin's pre-coup gov't made in the lives of the poor population. I'm sick of hearing about how evil it is to improve the lot of the poor. The world has come a long way from fuedalism, but you'd have to wonder at that reading some of the comments on here that would just as soon lend to population cleansing rather than figuring out what's best for everyone.

One thing for sure, a lot of the fascist comments I hear on here represent a mentality that won't do anybody in Thailand any good. If Suthep, Abhisit and their buddies want to start winning votes, they need to start winning the hearts of the voters by taking real inititatives to better their station in life rather than continuing to alienate the poor. Will it be corrupt and self serving just like the Thaksins? yep, always is.. That's the nature of gov't. Very rare is the true leader who's only interest is in the common good. Show me one in America or Britain or in the Thai Democratic party, I challenge you.

Bottom line though is if all people's interests are accounted for, people in general suffer less. If a corrupt government can accomplish that, well, so be it. They've got my support.

I know many politicians who are not both here and in other countries, read up on Thaksisn list of charges. read up on how much money he stole from Thailand - and by the way - if the people in Isaan are so well of because of his policies - i take it you wont be calling them the poor downtrodden by the elitists any more!!

• Like 2

If it was your business that was going under-----you would sack the management first----then (vote) recruit to start on the right path.

You would never let them stay in management.

If it would be the business the management change would be done by the shareholder, in this case by the Thai people with majority vote.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I was not referring to big mega business. I was referring to your business, no shareholders. sack the sticky fingers first to save you becoming bankrupt--only sensible........................then you find out ways to fill the void.

So you as in the PMs case keep the sticky fingers and have a vote first then later the courts take her or PTP out and you in the meantime are penny less.

Your example is dictatorship not democracy (as is a shareholder vote) system.

Hence totally invalid.

Who in the Thai political arena is free of sticky fingers and beholden to back room power deals ?? None of them.. So if the majority choose this bunch of sticky fingers, over that bunch of sticky fingers.. That is their right to do so.

Ahh, another part time "Moderator", trolling perhaps? And one who does fit the definition of trolling...."submit a deliberately provocative posting to an online message board with the aim of inciting an angry response."

No...........i would have to say YOURS fits the description better than theirs!!!

It seems that the army has somewhat been brought "under control" because the generals realize that a coup would not be accepted anymore.

Any coup from the army would lead to a general uprising in the populated north.

On the other side, the courts still can be seen by many as an "independent" body not scared to involve itself with the minority trying to gain power over the majority.

As long as the courts cannot be seen as impartial by the majority of people it's difficult to blame them when they want to fight for their rights.

Let's hope that there will be no need for the reds to go at war to defend democracy... and that all those trying to overthrow democracy by any means (criminal, coup, court rulings, ...) pay for their crimes.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

American aid $ is at stake. A coup interrupts the revenue stream from Uncle Sam.

Unfortunately a lot of this is due to incompetence of the authorities not to arrest criminals, not to really stamp out corruption and not being able to deal with the smallest riot, the authorities are virtually incompetent and people don't know where the lines are because they are so vague and laws flouted so obviously everyday, really serious breaches of law. People killing Policemen, severe obvious corruption, Both sides should of been cracked down on hard ages ago, break the rules this is what happens, that is democracy, not screaming or kicking because you want your own way!

• Like 1

From the OP:

''Don't be afraid. In Bangkok they look down on people from the north and say we are uneducated but we must show them that democracy is for everyone … our vote gives us the same rights as their vote,''

This is completely true and is the pivotal issue in the current tragic situation. Their vote counts. The important question is should they vote for PTP who have not produced the political goods in years of power. The abiding question is why the hardworking and long-suffering people of the North don't form a new party with more honest and down-to-earth leaders chosen from agrarian and factory-worker backgrounds. In my humble opinion, as an honoured guest in this great nation, they should form a new party and vote for it. And leave the selfish heartless crooks (who I shall not name) in the dust. I would say the same for Dem supporters. There needs to be new parties with less extreme agendas and more progressive leadership, who are willing to build bridges across the social chasm. These people do exist, they need to be put in charge of new parties and 'taken on the road' campaigning on their new agendas for reform. This should all have happened years ago, but as the saying goes ; "if not now, then when?"

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

No good voting some maggots back in, same problem. The only way forward is to get the courts to kill the maggots off-get rid of them ALL.

Then you can sit down once the rabble has departed get your big changes in laws and reform. OOO la La Elections.

You seem to be missing the fundamental point of a democracy, which is that if the majority of the people, want the maggots.. They have the right to choose them.

The fact that they are in your minority opinion (and mine) maggots, doesnt give you the right to deny that.

You seem to be also missing the point, Governments sticky fingers means instant dismissal, in any business you get rid on the spot.

In these special cases no one should have the right to therefore state when elections should take place---there should not be a caretaker PTP government.

The people have that voting right after the cancer is terminated.

Your business manager that you fired --you would give him more room to get his fingers in the till.

Massive tribunal/courts to be set up, everyone out that is guilty.

Then give the people that right to vote freely without hindrance.--never deny the democratic freedom.

The PM is under instruction to do it this way to cling to power for their self interest----BUT doing it cleverly under the disguise of the voting mechanism.

Hang all the wrong doers high ---FIRST WHOEVER they may be.

Naive contradictory babble.

Don't just post to agranoy people, post what your thinking is----I am trying to be honest----YOU have just thrown out any hope with your ridiculous post.

You do not believe in sending all wrong doers to jail

Your in denial to what this government has swiped-the funds.

Your business --you would let an employee steal from you

You don't make sense---you are a wind up merchant without a worthy reply. Your reply was ??? and why ???/

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1

One really has to be a blind fool to write such rubbish. So you are against democracy?! Go back to your home country, Thailand does not need your kinds of expats!

I am an expat and am severely embarrassed whenever these poorly informed posters heap the blame on one individual. Please dig deeper before you make such laughably shallow and poorly researched claims.

This is a proxy war. Once you understand who the players are hiding in the shadows, you will know that this is ONLY about power and nothing else. Side A is every bit as ruthless, corrupt and murderous as side B. Please educate yourself Eric before you post again, because you just come across as somebody suckered by propaganda, which comes from both ends of the political spectrum. Don't be that sucker.

............shall we be Shinawatra suckers instead then??

I am not going to bother reading the rest of the posts. You have hit the nail right on the head.

I might add that it would also make assassination a sure fire easier thing. As long as he stays out of Thailand he is Ok. Remember He would not even go to the Burmese city next to Mai Sai a red shirt stronghold for fear of assassination.

You really have been brainwashed my friend. Try thinking for yourself. Thaksin has told you has he that this his intention, has he?

Thaksin is not a good pm. He is not a good politician. But if the Thais don't like him they don't vote for him. But suthep and his supportive mafia have completely lost the moral ground by carrying guns to the polls. Its the beginning of the end for the mafia.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1