Voting cancelled in 42 districts nationwide

Lite Beer

Thailand has 878 districts and voting has been cancelled in only 42.

No way this election will be declared null and void.

Keep dreaming, Democrats. You shot yourself in the foot with this one.

It was done in 2006.

Sent from my phone ...

this is a quote from a first time voter in Bangkok - a new generation of Thais who have been disenfranchised by a bunch of gangsters from the south and the EC:

on being unable to vote: Quotes from 18 y/o Jitsara: "This is painful... I've waited for this since starting school... they robbed me right in front of my face."

Do you really think they can repeat 2006 ??? - well let us hope not!

If any coup should happen military or judicial trying to take the democratic rights of a majority of Thai people away to choose THEIR government in elections it will be a slow death for Thailand.

The "civil war" this would start would be a guerrilla war - shootings and bombs going off - targeting those who believe they have the right to take others rights away - the police and army would be as helpless as they are now with their insurgency in the south.

And surely nobody wants that just because a madman thinks he has the right to destroy this country and the Democrats can't win any elections!

It is the Thai people who decide in elections and nobody else - the countries form of government as enshrined in the constitution is a constitutional monarchy - anybody who likes an unelected "peoples council" can go to live in North Korea - and send us a report how much they enjoy it there!

• Like 2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was done in 2006.

Sent from my phone ...

And what we're seeing are the consequences of it.

Let's hope they learned something.

It was done in 2006.

Sent from my phone ...

this is a quote from a first time voter in Bangkok - a new generation of Thais who have been disenfranchised by a bunch of gangsters from the south and the EC:

on being unable to vote: Quotes from 18 y/o Jitsara: "This is painful... I've waited for this since starting school... they robbed me right in front of my face."

Do you really think they can repeat 2006 ??? - well let us hope not!

If any coup should happen military or judicial trying to take the democratic rights of a majority of Thai people away to choose THEIR government in elections it will be a slow death for Thailand.

The "civil war" this would start would be a guerrilla war - shootings and bombs going off - targeting those who believe they have the right to take others rights away - the police and army would be as helpless as they are now with their insurgency in the south.

And surely nobody wants that just because a madman thinks he has the right to destroy this country and the Democrats can't win any elections!

It is the Thai people who decide in elections and nobody else - the countries form of government as enshrined in the constitution is a constitutional monarchy - anybody who likes an unelected "peoples council" can go to live in North Korea - and send us a report how much they enjoy it there!

The 2006 election was declared null and void long before the coup.

It was done in 2006.

Sent from my phone ...

And what we're seeing are the consequences of it.

Let's hope they learned something.

This isn't the consequence of the 2006 election being annulled (which had nothing to do with the coup btw).

This is a consequence of the 2006 election being called in the first place.

As of now, she said, the overall situation is under control, while a new election date will be later set for poll stations which could not be opened today.

I wonder, how many more new election dates will be set?

The message is not sinking in this government thick heads.

How about you look at the Thai statement. The translation is incorrect, much as it was for Abhisit's Unconstitutional statement.

Her statement was in respect to alternative dates for participation in THIS election, not a new election date.

There seems to be some debate over whether all the voting has to take place at once which might need a new election..

All a bit confusing right now.

Apparently the royal decree sought from the Palace states that elections will be completed in a day

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Oh. So your legal interpretation would be that advance polls are illegal? I don't think so.

The Royal stamp on the election date is a legal formality that confirms the existing electoral produres apply with one day set as the date. However, the electoral procedures also allow for alternative voting dates in respect to advance polls and substitute dates when events preclude voting on the designated election date.

Well, I know my wife didn't vote, for the first time ever. She just had enough of the bulls*&t from both sides. Like me, she feels that both sides are crooks and just using the people like pawns.

There were alternative candidates?

And the old story, if you have the right to vote and do not use it you should not complain about the result?

ACTUALLY, only those who participate in the electoral process -- especially one that is rigged or gamed as in Thailand, the USA or Canada, etc -- are barred from complaining. They are the enablers of these frauds, giving credence to the crimes being prostituted as democracy.

THOSE who can see things clearly don't offer their support needlessly.

The DP must be in contention for the title of the most politically inept party on the planet. Did they honestly believe that ordinary Thai voters would voluntarily disenfranchise themselves indefinitely just to push out the current government? If they'd run a half-decent campaign, Yingluck's incompetent and venal administration was there for the taking. Instead they're left looking like opportunistic fools who tried to game the system and lost. Anyway, that's probably the end of the road for them. How could anyone in future vote for a parliamentary party that's twice opted for the extra-parliamentary route to try and seize power? What a shower!

And the worst part is, they've left Yingluck and the PTP looking like sensible, reasonable people! It almost beggars belief.

So what are the correct numbers?

From the OP:

"Election Commissioner Pushong Nutrawong said 42 out of 333 districts nationwide were unable to open polling booths today, mainly in the South, Central and the East regions"

I would call that a significant problem.

I ask again, is there somebody out there, who believes, that elections have changed anything in Thailand during the last 20 years? Nothing has changed, except that Thailand has become a flawless plutocracy. Does somebody remember Aristotle? "Democracy is when the indigent, and not the men of property, are the rulers." Can we blame the people, when they seek for different ways to achieve democracy, instead of strengthen the current system,by walking to the ballots, like sheep led to their slaughter.

BTW: Dubai is one of the rare countries, which are not members of the INTERPOL, with all the consequences.