Pattaya Lady Boy picks Hong Kong Tourist Pockets On Baht Bus

Rimmer

I'm sure it can happen to anybody, but especially a newbie who isn't aware of the bag ladies/ladyboy proclivities.

However a couple of tabs of velcro inside at the top of the pocket not only prevents fingers from getting in unfelt, it also helps prevent things from being slipped out without making a noise. Also prevents things accidentally falling out. Been doing it since I started travelling.

Of course the classic ladyboy scam is the hug/fumble, which takes you unawares, and by touching a victim hard at other points of the body well away from the wallet, their attention naturally focuses on those points and so doesn't feel the wallet being slipped out. It works on sensory overload.

That is also made more difficult by velcro, although I'm sure the "better" amongst 'em have thought that through as well.

Have to say though that the last place I'd put my wallet is the back pocket.

Was first scammed in Singapore aged 17, by a street con-man. I gave him nearly all my leave money, just handed it over (for safe keeping!)goof.gif . So I do know how easy it can be to fall for it. They can virtually hypnotize you and gain your trust, especially if you're new to a place and feeling lost or vulnerable from the get-go.

I look back on it as a kind of tuition fee, it's saved me a lot since then, not least with a couple of Pattaya ladies who ran up against the brick wall of my experience when it came to things like "bailing out my brother" and "build house I take care you".tongue.pnglaugh.png

i guess this tourist is not daft!! When he boarded the bus his wallet on him and few minutes later, the wallet has gone missing.
its not rocket science to guess what did happened, especially if the tourist did stand near a trashy male prostitute dressed like a woman...

...except for the ladyboy apologistlaugh.png

ps: where are all these russian tourists when you need themwhistling.gif