Election Over, Result Out By '23 February'

Lite Beer

RT@teamkorn Apparently YL's vote is now invalid, she put her ballot in the wrong box (orange party list ballot goes in other box) pic.twitter.com/T5o3GLUt0I

BfdXLiuCUAE2bKd.jpg

We all knew the PM isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but this cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

By the look on the other faces I think someone has passed wind and sent the occasion into we must get out-a-here quick............sad.png

SOP for PTP. She's blaming it on someone else: RT@Saksith: TR @jeerapong_nna: 16.40 PM confirms putting ballot in wrong box, says she followed officials instructions, notified EC already

Well Sir, there's your problem...right there!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unofficial estimated

Do you get it jesse, do you get it?

Yeah i get it, it's a clear example of the government trying to influence the voters that weren't able to vote today and will have to vote next week or on 23 February, but most probably not any time in the near future, as manipulating peoples decisions is against the election law and will make the current elections void.

Do you get it ?

No jesse, you still don't get it! but good on you for trying.

now have another think about it!

Oops, someone out there seems to agree with my point of view. I guess you will be lost in Surin with your opinion.

RT @tulsathit: Wait&see if Chalerm claims that PT's won 260-280 seats will torpedo yesterday's poll on grounds they influence future voters

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/701591-thailand-live-monday-3-feb-2014/?p=7387626

Edited by JesseFrank

Don't understand any of this. My better half was second-in-command at a local Polling Station yesterday, and they were told to shut the job and count up the result at 3 pm. Out of a possible 811 voters, less than half turned up (about 360), and of those the vast majority were for Yingluck's mob. This is up in N-E Isaan. All exactly as expected.

Because a lot of people are waiting anxiously for the results. I don't actually understand why the EC would withhold the results, considering that almost 90% have voted. If everything hangs in the balance of the remaining 10% that hasn't voted, that merely means that the political parties need to intensify their campaigning (or vote buying as the case may be).

But seriously, does anybody REALLY think that the balance 10% votes will have a material significance on what has already been casted?

At the moment, there are about 70-80 constituencies that haven't completed (or for some, started) their voting. Until they are complete, the results from the party list votes can't be released.

The picture posted with this Khaosod piece shows how completely successful this all was. Thanks, Khaosod !

Now that we are officially outside of campaign mode, it should be apparent at this point how right Yingluck was - the country is indeed now seized with a supreme happiness and content. Thanks, Yingluck !

But on the other side of the looking glass, the Constitution Court - on the basis of Article 108 alone - will declare the election void.

In the meantime, there is still plenty of time for Pheu Thai to fan conspiracy theories, assign blame as to why the farmers won't be receiving their payments, and generally dodge all pertinent questions like - how does Pheu Thai constitutionally proceed ?

And Thaksin - he will undoubtedly take a long hard look at what his amnesty brain-child created, reflect on the now teetering footing that Pheu Thai has - and decide to proceed on exactly the same course.

And February 23 ? The Yingluck administration and CAPO will be faced with exactly the same challenges they had before, and try to answer the timely question - how do you register candidates in the South without parachuting Pheu Thai candidates onto the rooftops of buildings ?

Well, to be honest yesterday late afternoon I saw on Channel3 how Election poll station staff was busy tallying the result. Lots of marks on the space for 'invalid' (I don't think that was for total votes at least) and markings for list 15. Saw one added there.

Now the results of the Feb 2nd elections are supposed to be kept under wraps till at least the 23rd of February after the new 'advance voting' and maybe even later than that. With some results already made known, the EC or a court is provided with yet another reason to nullify the election. When someone asks them to rule it on that is.

The picture posted with this Khaosod piece shows how completely successful this all was. Thanks, Khaosod !

Now that we are officially outside of campaign mode, it should be apparent at this point how right Yingluck was - the country is indeed now seized with a supreme happiness and content. Thanks, Yingluck !

But on the other side of the looking glass, the Constitution Court - on the basis of Article 108 alone - will declare the election void.

In the meantime, there is still plenty of time for Pheu Thai to fan conspiracy theories, assign blame as to why the farmers won't be receiving their payments, and generally dodge all pertinent questions like - how does Pheu Thai constitutionally proceed ?

And Thaksin - he will undoubtedly take a long hard look at what his amnesty brain-child created, reflect on the now teetering footing that Pheu Thai has - and decide to proceed on exactly the same course.

And February 23 ? The Yingluck administration and CAPO will be faced with exactly the same challenges they had before, and try to answer the timely question - how do you register candidates in the South without parachuting Pheu Thai candidates onto the rooftops of buildings ?

Well, to be honest yesterday late afternoon I saw on Channel3 how Election poll station staff was busy tallying the result. Lots of marks on the space for 'invalid' (I don't think that was for total votes at least) and markings for list 15. Saw one added there.

Now the results of the Feb 2nd elections are supposed to be kept under wraps till at least the 23rd of February after the new 'advance voting' and maybe even later than that. With some results already made known, the EC or a court is provided with yet another reason to nullify the election. When someone asks them to rule it on that is.

No. The EC has said that it is ok for individual districts to announce the results. It is just that the EC themselves cannot make an official announcement (unless it is yet again another booby trap by the EC?)

Edited by Gweiloman

Democracy is not THE SYSTEM that can solve all corruptions and its related problems. It has its imperfection and challenges, just like any system of government.

... ...

... and that's why the Pheu Thai led Yingkuck government tried to push through a blanket amnesty bill which covered from 2004 to 2013-08-09 to solve those pesky corruption problems which of course hadn't occurred in the last two years of Thaksin government (2004 - 2006) or the first two years of Yingluck's. The period was just extended to be sure I guess.

Mind you, till now no one has offered to explain to me why Yingluck needed her two years covered?

No. The EC has said that it is ok for individual districts to announce the results. It is just that the EC themselves cannot make an official announcement (unless it is yet again another booby trap by the EC?)

Sounds somewhat weird. With enough district publishing you'd get a good idea of the results already,or results in certain areas. This would effect 'advance voting' on the 23rd. That's unfair and might even be against the constitution or election laws. Even the HRW might have something to say about it.

Democracy is not THE SYSTEM that can solve all corruptions and its related problems. It has its imperfection and challenges, just like any system of government.

... ...

... and that's why the Pheu Thai led Yingkuck government tried to push through a blanket amnesty bill which covered from 2004 to 2013-08-09 to solve those pesky corruption problems which of course hadn't occurred in the last two years of Thaksin government (2004 - 2006) or the first two years of Yingluck's. The period was just extended to be sure I guess.

Mind you, till now no one has offered to explain to me why Yingluck needed her two years covered?

I don't know either. I can only speculate that the change from the original amnesty bill to a blanket one was the result of 'behind the scene' agreements of the two power base, for the sack of reconciliation and unity and for the country to move on.

Except for Thaksin to come home and possibly his assets as well, PTP or the government has no other advantage. 2009/2010 protesters are still in prisons without trials while none of the PAD leaders step in a prison even for one day.

In fact, I think the blanket amnesty has more disadvantages for PTP. If not sincerely wanting to see the country moving forward, there is no reason for PTP to so called push it. The coming back of Thaksin and possibly his assets at the expense of those who were wounded, died, and imprison is in fact destroying the reputation of Thaksin and PTP. RS/UDD were talking about dropping their support to PTP.

Distorting the bill that it is only for Thaksin save the day for PTP and RS/UDD/PTP are united again. However, distortion (I always say distortion is worse than lies), created the crisis we are facing now.

The amnesty though covered AV and suthep but it does not seem to cover the irregularities or corruption cases during AV's administration.

We are back to square one - no forgiveness, reconciliation, unity and moving forward.

It is a crisis of the administration and enforcement of rule of law without fear and favour. Nothing to do with the call for reform, anti-corruption, dictatorship etc. These are only excuses to cover up the ugly intention of seizing power so that corruptions and irregularities can be swept under the carpet.

• Like 1

... ...

I don't know either. I can only speculate that the change from the original amnesty bill to a blanket one was the result of 'behind the scene' agreements of the two power base, for the sack of reconciliation and unity and for the country to move on.

Except for Thaksin to come home and possibly his assets as well, PTP or the government has no other advantage. 2009/2010 protesters are still in prisons without trials while none of the PAD leaders step in a prison even for one day.

In fact, I think the blanket amnesty has more disadvantages for PTP. If not sincerely wanting to see the country moving forward, there is no reason for PTP to so called push it. The coming back of Thaksin and possibly his assets at the expense of those who were wounded, died, and imprison is in fact destroying the reputation of Thaksin and PTP. RS/UDD were talking about dropping their support to PTP.

Distorting the bill that it is only for Thaksin save the day for PTP and RS/UDD/PTP are united again. However, distortion (I always say distortion is worse than lies), created the crisis we are facing now.

The amnesty though covered AV and suthep but it does not seem to cover the irregularities or corruption cases during AV's administration.

We are back to square one - no forgiveness, reconciliation, unity and moving forward.

It is a crisis of the administration and enforcement of rule of law without fear and favour. Nothing to do with the call for reform, anti-corruption, dictatorship etc. These are only excuses to cover up the ugly intention of seizing power so that corruptions and irregularities can be swept under the carpet.

"I can only speculate that the change from the original amnesty bill to a blanket one was the result of 'behind the scene' agreements of the two power base,"

With the enormous protests from the opposition and general public this speculation seems build on air.

• Like 1

I don't really get that. The districts are allowed to announce results (and given that the count at each polling booth is basically public, they may as well), which makes it simple for everyone to know exactly what's going on.

It's time to get with the times and announce results to all the public as soon as they're available.

" I can only speculate that the change from the original amnesty bill to a blanket one was the result of 'behind the scene' agreements of the two power base, for the sack of reconciliation and unity and for the country to move on."

That would seem to go against what a lot of people are saying about Suthep being supported by one of the power bases.

So, what do you want to go with? That Suthep is going against both power bases, or that you don't know what you're talking about?

... ...

The blank amnesty bill was only an attempt to get the support of the democrats, since it included the democrat leaders and that was also the reason Abhisit and Suthep were indicted in the first place, because they knew that without that support the bill would never make it.

Turned out they gambled on the wrong horse.