A slap in the face: Thai politics

webfact

very good letter.....

if there would be an opposition - at present there isn't any -every Thai would be able to vote. But Suthep has no programs, no plans for the future and no future for Thais. So for Thais there is no alternative.

If the so called democrats - they are of course not - would accept elections, there would be peace now. But if there would offer alternative ideas for commerce, taxes, development, water management, investors,,,,,,,,then they would be a chance for Thailand. But as long they can only produce stupid phrases they are useless crap.

All they want to do is get in via an judicial coup. Gutless polices and their leader is charged with murder and out on bail... Clowns if I ever saw a bunch..

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voting is not compulsory in Thailand, not voting only means you can't stand as a candidate in the next election, and even that can be got around. All Apisit, etc have to do is vote in any election before the next election,( assuming this one is not annulled), ie the Senate election next month or even a local councillor election and his full rights are restored.

I'm not sure about your statement about voting not being compulsory in Thailand, I'll think you'll find that is, but anyway, that's what you believe.

Abhisit etc have resigned from the Democrat Party, he is now just a Thai citizen (well one with dual nationality but he likes to keep that quiet).

Voting in a local council election restoring his voting rights? Well maybe, I don't know, presumably you've got a link that shows this can happen, haven't you? Even if it did what good will it do him except being able to run as an MP in the next General Election. He could rejoin the Democrat party, even be head of it but they will still be in the political wilderness and not represented in parliament. I really don't think they thought this through too well.

I'm open to suggestions as to what abhisit has gained from resigning from a political party and not contesting the election, any ideas?

Apisit has resigned from the Democrat party, really?????

I suggest you don't know what you're talking about.

Only 45.9% o the electorate voted in the election yesterday, do you really think the 54.1% remaining are banned from voting in the next election?

Regarding what Apisit has gained from sitting out this election- he's gained time, time to reunite the party after Suthep refused to participate and hence taking over half the Democrat supporters with him.

Much easier to be a party like Pheua Thai which is owned by one man who makes all the decisions.

his only inferring to politicians. Abhisit should go back to England where he was born, raised and schooled and stay their. Maybe he could join the communist party. He is nothing but a whinging pom!

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

somewhere between silly and naive...no one will take notice of no votes.

Agree or disagree with Suthep but if you want political reforms Suthep is the only one who might do it. With no votes there won't be reforms in the next 100 years...

Suthep reform cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

unless by reform you mean return to the past

It is naive to vote in this meaningless election. If you wanna slap someone face i suggest to do it to yourself!!!! Since this corrupted govt. does not care about the number or the methods even using gangsters to hold their power.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You and the red shirts seem to believe anything you read as long as it suits your agenda. Could it be that the article you referred to was simply wrong? Given that a lot of democrat voters (yes they exist even if you do not want to believe it) have not bothered to vote, it is unlikely that the voter turnout will be as high as 80%. But as you said, time will tell - and you will be wrong - again :-)

So you won't mind putting your money where your mouth is then. Let's set 80% turnout as the benchmark and when the EC confirms the final tally the loser pays 1,000 baht to the Fr Ray Foundation charity. Up for it, or just full of empty talk? Either way the orphans win.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/702556-ec-now-says-official-voter-turnout-is-4772/

Turns out to be around 47%. Let me know when you have made the kids happy :-)

You and the red shirts seem to believe anything you read as long as it suits your agenda. Could it be that the article you referred to was simply wrong? Given that a lot of democrat voters (yes they exist even if you do not want to believe it) have not bothered to vote, it is unlikely that the voter turnout will be as high as 80%. But as you said, time will tell - and you will be wrong - again :-)

So you won't mind putting your money where your mouth is then. Let's set 80% turnout as the benchmark and when the EC confirms the final tally the loser pays 1,000 baht to the Fr Ray Foundation charity. Up for it, or just full of empty talk? Either way the orphans win.

Deal

http://www.thaivisa....urnout-is-4772/

Turns out to be around 47%. Let me know when you have made the kids happy :-)