Two wounded in shooting at Thai-Belgium flyover bridge in Bangkok

webfact

Two wounded in shooting at Thai-Belgium flyover bridge
By Digital Content

13913958356205.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 3 -- Two people were wounded in a shooting attack at the Thai-Belgium flyover bridge in Bangkok.

Pathumwan police closed the bridge using traffic cones and fence barriers on outbound direction to Lumpini Park after a car driver was slightly wounded in a gun attack about 10pm.

The victim, identified as Prapan Phromwisit, drove from Sam Yan market, followed a motorcycle to the flyover without seeing any sign that the bridge was closed.

He said the motorcycle has abruptly u-turn because there were barricades and fence. Mr Prapan stopped his car and tried to notify other cars that followed him that the bridge was closed.

At that time, there were three gunshots from the barricade, hitting his car windows and slightly hit his ear. He then drove away from the bridge to hospital.

A woman was reportedly shot in the leg.

In the latest development of the anti-government rallies, the protesters plan to abandon their rally sites at the Lat Phrao five way intersection and Victory Monument and move to Lumpini Park.

People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) secretary general Suthep Thaugsuban will lead protesters from Lat Phrao to Victory Monument, passing Ratchaprasong and ending up at Lumpini Park.

The protesters will move from Lat Phrao and Victory Monument to join the rally site at Lumpini Park for their safety after they were attacked by an unknown group of assailants.

Mr Suthep will also discuss with Phra Buddha Issara who led demonstrations at the Government Complex at Chaengwattana to move that group of protesters to Lumpini Park. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02-03

Not 100%, but I am 99% certain it is Thaksin paid Red-shirts thugs in action again.

Suthep's protesters are non-violent and never have weapons.

'Suthep's protesters are non-violent and never have weapons."

A little forethought might go a long way. Captured video might prove otherwise.

Not 100%, but I am 99% certain it is Thaksin paid Red-shirts thugs in action again.

Are you being sarcastic or for real? LOL Sorry, I have to laugh when you said Mr. Suthep's protesters are non-violent and never have weapons.

Suthep's protesters are non-violent and really never have weapons. Don't believe me. Watch this info pack made by farang yourself.

• Like 2

Are you being sarcastic or for real? LOL Sorry, I have to laugh when you said Mr. Suthep's protesters are non-violent and never have weapons.

Suthep's protesters are non-violent and really never have weapons. Don't believe me. Watch this info pack made by farang yourself.

It wasn't made by farangs ...it was made by a bunch of Thais living in the USA and hired a voice-over talent that can't even pronounce properly. Your comments are laughable and inane. You need to watch the news and read the press a little more Suriya.

• Like 2

Peaceful protesters just shooting back at unarmed motorists, just in case they were voters or supporters of some other than themselves political group. Who is not with us is against us.

And,, of cource, they have the devine right to close any bridge, road , airport and office at will, with 5 guns between themselves

Do you have ANY proof of the crap that have just written at all that it was the protesters?

IF you do then please present it to the police who I am sure would love an eye witness report from a farang.

If you do not the please present yourself to the police for attempting to spread malicious and unfounded rumours.

• Like 1

Suriya4, thanks for the video. I have read the news and followed the incidents ever since the beginning. I do not really need this video to tell me the story. There are so many lacking information. Among the group of the red and yellow protesters, there are all sorts of people. To claim non-violent protesters to just the anti-government protesters, I think it's a little naive.

• Like 1

Peaceful protesters just shooting back at unarmed motorists, just in case they were voters or supporters of some other than themselves political group. Who is not with us is against us.

And,, of cource, they have the devine right to close any bridge, road , airport and office at will, with 5 guns between themselves

Do you have ANY proof of the crap that have just written at all that it was the protesters?

IF you do then please present it to the police who I am sure would love an eye witness report from a farang.

If you do not the please present yourself to the police for attempting to spread malicious and unfounded rumours.

Billd,

Not sure where you live but if you live in Bkk and know where this bridge is and what's happening around it, you will realise that the blockade is under the control of the PDRC. It would therefore be logical (albeit circumstantial) to assume that the shooter(s) is from the PDRC.

• Like 1

Hopefully you said that in jest. If not, you are the most unformed individual on the planet.

At first I thought you meant uninformed, but now I see what you mean be unformed as in he is not all there.

Police would not Love witnesses of any kind! They would prefer to look the other way - like the three monkies that see no evil, hear no evil, do not evil. To think that police would give some kind of creditability to a Thai witness without Suthep's permission is unrealistic.

Suriya4, thanks for the video. I have read the news and followed the incidents ever since the beginning. I do not really need this video to tell me the story. There are so many lacking information. Among the group of the red and yellow protesters, there are all sorts of people. To claim non-violent protesters to just the anti-government protesters, I think it's a little naive.

Since clearly the blockade was under Suthep's anti-govenment protester control, it would be folly to say that there could be armed yellow shirts standing with them who would fire on the car that stopped in front of the blockade. Nothing naive about that logic.

• Like 1

Innocent people should not be shot at, ever, but with grenades being thrown at anti government protestors and supporters being murdered in broad daylight without arrests, it is getting rough out there.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Surita, you are clearly a Thai National and a brain washed fanatical supporter of Suthep.

By the look of you Avatar you’re an angry individual as well.

Please take your propaganda, lies and misinformation somewhere else bah.gif

Hopefully you said that in jest. If not, you are the most unformed individual on the planet.

At first I thought you meant uninformed, but now I see what you mean be unformed as in he is not all there.

It was a typo, meant to be "uninformed", but I like your choice as well. cheesy.gif

Are you f***ing kidding me?? But then, you must be talking tongue in cheek, because if not, you are as dumb as they come. No matter what happens bad in this country, or this world, or even this universe, it has to be Thaksin's fault, right. They would probably blame him if he shot himself in the head, saying that he was aiming at someone else but missed. Please tell you were kidding.

Funny that Prapan Promvisit was also wounded in the ear in a similar shooting incident on the Thai-Japan bridge in another thread. I hope it wasn't the same ear. Seems like he doesn't learn from his mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Just watched the video. I would like to say it was total crap. He says the Thai government is based on the UK system Total rubbish.

More like the american one the man is familiar with

The UK does not have a constitution. It has laws that are applied to everyone irrespective of status. Sure money can buy you good lawyers but you still go to court.

Governments everywhere get in on popular policies that is how it works. If they don't live up to them, you wait until the next election and vote accordingly.

Time to think if you want the votes

Or if you happen to be brain dead you take to the streets and start using bully boy tactics to overthrow the elected government.

It's time to grow up and stop acting like kids.

Free speech don't make me laugh.

Surita, you are clearly a Thai National and a brain washed fanatical supporter of Suthep.

By the look of you Avatar you’re an angry individual as well.

Please take your propaganda, lies and misinformation somewhere else bah.gif

I don't think Surita is a fanatical supporter at all, I think the whole thing is to start debate.

And to make farangs aware of what is being said by other farangs, paid or not.