Suthep: PDRC member involved in Laksi shooting

webfact

Suthep: PDRC member involved in Laksi shooting

BANGKOK, 3 February 2014 (NNT) - People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) leader Suthep Thaugsuban has admitted that one of those involved in the Laksi shooting on Saturday is a member of the PDRC.

During a speech to his supporters last night, Mr Suthep verified that two shooters wearing green arm bands are PDRC members. He urged his supporters to refrain from carrying weapons into the rally sites as violence had repeatedly escalated into gunfire.

He added that members of the public who wished to join the rally would need to register their names with the guard in a bid to better identify their members.

Mr Suthep insisted, however, that men in black who were spotted at the scene are not with the PDRC and suspected they are professional gunmen.

Police continue to probe into the incident which left several people injured. Police have so far accused the PDRC guards of starting the shoot-out.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-02-03 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another shot of white-balaclava man, with his side bag and his walkie talkie, (=long finger man??)

post-199953-0-88267400-1391404574_thumb.

Added: this is the group coming from off the bridge after the first set of bombs were thrown at the pro-democracy protestors.

Take a look at this man in particular with the side bag and the long fingers.

post-199953-0-48119000-1391407035_thumb.

Here's another shot, with his sandals, there's a photo I've seen that's much higher res than this video shot, I'm looking for it now.

Note in the top picture his face is almost visible through the cloth covering his face.

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

That guy was no typical guard. He was well trained in using that weapon to kill.

That is truth! Those guys are very well trained and are experts!

BUT NO ONE WAS KILLED!!!

Not like with the Reds!

As the Police are clearly with the reds, everyone have the right to protect himself!

Yes ManopY, you are completely right. No one was killed so all okay and still non-violent protesters, aren't they? NOT!

Not that I am so eager to be right with my predictions but under Suthep and his 'peaceful' methods; the Shutdown is going to be a Shotdown. Anarchistic idiots.

• Like 2

One wonders whether we will see a similar admission from the leader of the Red Shirts at Laksi that day Ko Tee

Well, bear in mind, Suthep made the lesser admission to make credible the bigger lie - that those with 'war weapons' (as Abhisit would've said in 2010) were nothing to do with the PDRC.

• Like 2

And since this violence occurred with the support of Abhisit and the Dems, they should be banned from politics for life and sent to rehab for several years too.

How about a re-education camp gerry? That would be cool huh! Lulz...

Why is it the red supporters can go around shooting, bombing and creating mayhem without too many worries, but as soon as PDRC member discharges a firearm (for what ever reason) all the TV reds jump on the band-wagon with pictures, accusations and the usual nonsense demanding police involvement, arrests etc., but awfully quiet when its the reds involved. and what seems to be the BIG problem with walkie -talkies.

Give it a break reds, find something constructive to discuss.

Well, the grenade throwers and nightly shootings could be perpetrated by the reds, but that isn't certain (Shawn Crispin's military source linked the attacks to mafia elements possibly in league with rogue police). Whereas these guys are clearly PDRC. However, you do have a point. But isn't that the same for both sides? If the reds were seen with an arsenal like this, do you think the people on this forum would've held back with the 'red terrorist' stuff, regardless of whether they'd killed anyone?

It's sheer chance that they didn't kill anyone btw. Based on what I've heard from knowledgable others, I'm not convinced they're professionals, at least not compared to the MiB of 2010. Maybe they've had military training or are ex Thahan Phran or the like. A few technical student types as well perhaps. And for those arguing "self defense", bear in mind police had defused the earlier hostility at the district office - the reds were on their way back to the wat or back home at the time PDRC Lad Phrao showed up. Koh Tee already has a reputation for violence given his rhetoric, despite the fact he seemed to have come off worse last time he confronted the PDRC. But you can't automatically blame him. There was no clash before the PDRC militants showed up.

Edited by Emptyset
  • Like 2

Why is it the red supporters can go around shooting, bombing and creating mayhem without too many worries, but as soon as PDRC member discharges a firearm (for what ever reason) all the TV reds jump on the band-wagon with pictures, accusations and the usual nonsense demanding police involvement, arrests etc., but awfully quiet when its the reds involved. and what seems to be the BIG problem with walkie -talkies.

Give it a break reds, find something constructive to discuss.

Because they said they are peaceful and fight only with their bare hands.

• Like 1

Unbelievable how the PTP supporters now crying, never see that any leader of them say, "yes, that was one of us". Thats my friends is the big difference between ..... And involved mean what it means, there was shootings from both sides, I think I now who started. And dont forget, 95% of violence in the last 3 months going to your account...facepalm.gif

Why are armed militias from Suthep allowed to roam the streets of Bangkok and shoot people they choose at will? They shot a 71 year old grandfather who is now paralyzed. Suthep knows who it is but won't give him up. Is this the kind of "transparency" and "reforms" we can expect from the people's council?

Ah the ever happy smiling Thais, never forget you live in a country thats still a 3rd world mentality where a life is worth almost nothing and money and greed rule.