Mimosa

neilf

I went when it was first opened free of charge it was worth that price.

150 baht to look at shops sad.png okay there are a few good photo ops

they are still building it !!!!

If you carry on along the Sukumvit road ( heading towards Sattahip ) for a couple of kilometers there is a much smaller look- alike place on the opposite side of the road, I haven't stoped to explore it yet but from the looks of it no entrance fee.

Or go to the " The Village Shopping Centre " instead.

post-2109-0-35460600-1391413520_thumb.jp

I was dragged off to the "Floating Market" in Pattaya by some friends who were visiting. I tried telling them it wasn't actually a floating market but only a collection of tourist trap shops. Fortunately, there was no charge to get in and within 10 minutes we were gone. They apologized for not listening to me and treated me to some tasty seafood to make up for it.

I assumed Mimosa was the same type of thing, so thanks for confirming and saving me the time. I am not a person who enjoys shopping at all.

The buildings themselves look good and to produce that many different types ie shapes and windows and interiors must have been difficulr and expensive

Sent from my GT-S5310B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-93813-13914168451676_thumb.jpg

post-93813-1391416879522_thumb.jpg

Took my bf's Mum and sister from Udon there last year- they really enjoyed the show and had pics done with the lady boys etc.

Actually was a pleasant evening out, but must admit if it has gone up to 150 baht- that's a bit steep.

An entrance fee does keep out the coach loads.

The Floating Market is just horrendous ( though did like feeding the goats)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

When we first went it was free ,last time i was going to refuse as it had gone up ,but as the familly were up from BKK and had been told it was good so we all went in (140baht) each ,we saw the end of a lady boy show and later watched another different show(they do different ones ,but do not know how many) to be honest i thought it was good value and the shows were very professional. good for an evening out .

The only good thing this place accomplishes is screwing up the already terrible traffic on the weekends.

Someone should invent an AP that allows Bangkokians / and other visitors to insert their photo into a frame of a place like this without actually having to go there just to say they have been there.

Call it the selfie sylphy or Instaspam for all i care

The only good thing this place accomplishes is screwing up the already terrible traffic on the weekends.

Be fair. For those who live in Bangkok anything must be an improvement, even Mimosa. The Russians from the Ambassador seem to like Mimosa too, probably because it is an improvement on both the Ambassador and Russia.

The other good thing about Mimosa is that anyone who goes there is well out of my way. So perhaps Thailand really needs more daft overpriced destinations like that. The 'toon water park thing should do the trick nicely!

• Like 1

I dont mind paying small fees Like This for a couple of hours walking around in a Nice setting.

Tourist trap??? The two times Ive been there it was 90% or more thais

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

for what it's worth.

Just back from a 3rd visit with different visitors in a few weeks all at different show times and days. All friends were all entranced and absolutely delighted and all under US$5 or less than 3 quid (2 beers in a bar?). You dont pay to shop you pay to see an excellent show. Nearly one hour of great choreography, flamboyantly outrageous costumes, music, water spouts/lighting displays (that alone was a US$1m investment i am reliably told) and reasonably priced food. On each visit the show was packed (200+) by many many different nationalities and they seemed very happy campers with open mouths, huge smiles and of course cameras. Tonight seemed to be mainly Koreans, Chinese and ....... Thais. Check out the Michael Jackson segment - an incredibly talented young man.. The owner of the largest restaurant reported that over B1,000,000,000 overall investment to date. The B150 entrance fee worth every penny.

BTW - for those who really cant afford it then chat to any food place manager and get free passes for entry.

Mimosa? Highly recommended in my opinion.

for what it's worth.

Just back from a 3rd visit with different visitors in a few weeks all at different show times and days. All friends were all entranced and absolutely delighted and all under US$5 or less than 3 quid (2 beers in a bar?). You dont pay to shop you pay to see an excellent show.

USD5 to see a show may be a good deal, but what if you don't want to see the show or you go at a time when the show isn't on? It still costs USD5 to look at some rather naff shops.

Personally my only reason for going there would be for the food court, and I'm not forking out USD5 entrance fee for the right to buy some 40B noodles.