Container crushes minivan, kills driver in front of Future Park Rangsit

webfact

Most likely the Container was not locked down to the corners of the trailer, normally the drivers job depending on where he picked it up from.

RIP the van driver but if you ask most Thai's, their reaction will be 'It was his time'. No thoughts about blaming anyone or expecting 'justice'.

I'm reliably told that they don't lock the containers down so only the load is lost when they loose control on bends and as Thai road laws are so lax, stuff the poor bugger who's on the outside.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have never seen so many flipped trailers as in thailand,last year my step daughter was studiying in kon khaen,so periodically when would drive from petchabun over the mountains between there and chiaypum on the way,just about every time we saw a flipped truck some up on those roads,the sugar cane trucks also are so top heavy no wonder the flip,on this occasion i guess the truck driver would have scanned the interior of his cab, yes enough garlands,yes enough budda statues,what can go wrong,then of he goes like a bat out of hell.

i have never seen so many flipped trailers as in thailand,last year my step daughter was studiying in kon khaen,so periodically when would drive from petchabun over the mountains between there and chiaypum on the way,just about every time we saw a flipped truck some up on those roads,the sugar cane trucks also are so top heavy no wonder the flip,on this occasion i guess the truck driver would have scanned the interior of his cab, yes enough garlands,yes enough budda statues,what can go wrong,then of he goes like a bat out of hell.

Garlands and statues are also used by many world-class sprinters.

Most likely the Container was not locked down to the corners of the trailer, normally the drivers job depending on where he picked it up from.

RIP the van driver but if you ask most Thai's, their reaction will be 'It was his time'. No thoughts about blaming anyone or expecting 'justice'.

I'm reliably told that they don't lock the containers down so only the load is lost when they loose control on bends and as Thai road laws are so lax, stuff the poor bugger who's on the outside.

They were talking about this on the TNN news tonight. Said the same thing. I couldn't catch 100% of it, but there didn't seem to be any analysis of anything and certainly no conclusion like "we have to enforce thr law that they get locked ". More like "see, its so easy to lock but they don't lock it bc they don't want the whole truck to flip". As if that's ok!

I typed this myself

I would venture the truck driver had some prior indication of a problem. Did he look out his rear view mirrors? If so, he probably just figured, 'Oh, It will probably hold until I get this thing delivered.' Or, at best; 'I'll check it out when I can find a place to pull over.'

Across the board, Thai truckers are paid by the load, not by the hour. That partly explains why they speed and drive like hot-doggers.

An article in the Bangkok Post today says that more than 70% of containers are not locked down because the owners of the trucks believe that the whole truck is at risk of being damaged in case of accidents.

Most trucks have no locks at all.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I was at the accident. Had just got a hair cut. This was on a curve in the overpass and by the time he would have noticed it start to shift it was gone. The load was damaged. The good thing (if there is such a thing) was that it happened when it did and the van was just coming up to pick up passengers. If it had been a nother hour it would have been worse with all the cars that are usually slowed in that area.

I have seen for my self three of these contsiners lying in a street after breaking loose. And this one of several others I have read about. Is there any authority in charge that gives a damn that this happens on a regular basis. Disgusting!!!!!!!@

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app