Can anyone recommend a good PV company?

thonglover

I have just been scammed out of 200,000 baht from a Thai solar company. After having negotiated a deal to acquire PV panels and an inverter, the company asked for the 200K as a deposit and promised to order the equipment immediately. After a few weeks of vague promises and continued delays, I investigated and found out they never ordered the gear, but rather used my cash to fix their own financial problems.

I have put some lawyers onto the case but they told me it is very unlikely that I will recover the full amount, as the company is already deep in debt and I will probably be last in line after larger creditors such as banks.

So now I am looking for a reputable PV company that can order and install the PV gear for our house. Preferably, a company under non-Thai management. Not trying to generalize here, but in 20 years in this country I have noticed that scamming, lying and cheating is considered normal business practices by most Thai people, particularly when it involves dealing with Farangs. This is in stark contrast with other Asian nations such as Japan, Hong Kong or Singapore (other places where I have done business and was never cheated out of a single cent).

I would really appreciate if any of you could recommend a company that will deliver on its promises.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Can you tell us the name of the company to avoid?

I'm also interested in putting in solar PV on a house in Bangkok. Any advice on reputable companies would be well received.

Please communicate this information by PM, we cannot permit name-and-shame on the open forum due to Thailand's draconian libel / defamation laws.