Pheu Thai Party plans harsh reaction to protesters, Democrat Party

webfact

'Organising elections is the EC's responsibility. Don't pass the buck to other government agencies," said Mr Prompong.'

It's not the EC's fault. Blame the govt policies that created the protest movement, blame the more intransigent members of the protest movement, blame suthep [please god, blame suthep] but don't point fingers at the EC because they won't play lap dog and break election laws.

Finally, surely all the things you want the EC to do to stop protesters are the job of the police.

That bit about passing the buck is just beautifully ironic, but I'm guessing this guy can't see that.

As for supporting rallies against the govt being anti democratic, well that is just more totalitarian double speak.

Some of the protestors have broken the law. Blocking voters, blocking elections, causing polling stations to close, breaking into printing houses of ballets etc... are all crimes under the laws of Thailand.

The protestors cannot claim "amnesty".

They have broken the law and the EC should file charges against them and criminal convictions should follow against all guilty.

Or are the PDRC now saying that they can break the law and others cannot ?

There is only a few thousand protestors left, its never been over 0.5% of the countries population and is mostly always below 0.1%.

All law breakers must be punished in a court of law. This problem of not prosecuting law breakers goes back to 2008 and those blocking the airports, dangerous precedents were set then by Abhisit/Democrats of rewarding some airport block participants with cabinet positions (like Foreign Minister).............. this is the problem of setting precedents.

All in my opinion of course.

So can I assume that because some members of the government are to be prosecuted for corruption that they should all be prosecuted?

Once again this statement coming from Takjsin's mouthpiece who is currently supposed to be serving a year in jail. How can you take anything seriously when both him and the fugitive are not in prison where they should be ? Forget arresting Suteb and the protestors, get this <deleted> and Taksin serving their sentences first., then you can start thinking about other people

• Like 1

'Organising elections is the EC's responsibility. Don't pass the buck to other government agencies," said Mr Prompong.'

It's not the EC's fault. Blame the govt policies that created the protest movement, blame the more intransigent members of the protest movement, blame suthep [please god, blame suthep] but don't point fingers at the EC because they won't play lap dog and break election laws.

Finally, surely all the things you want the EC to do to stop protesters are the job of the police.

That bit about passing the buck is just beautifully ironic, but I'm guessing this guy can't see that.

As for supporting rallies against the govt being anti democratic, well that is just more totalitarian double speak.

What part of the Election Commissions responsibilities do you not understand?

Its responsibilities include the organization, management and counting of all elections and voting in the Kingdom, all procedures and staff will also be under the Commission's administration. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_Commission_of_Thailand

It is the EC's job (duty) to ask the police for assistance to keep the protestors at bay from the polling booths.

And weren't 200,000 police supposed to have been assigned to do this, according the announcements just before the election, wonder where they all were on-the-day ? whistling.gif

"Posted 2014-01-29 17:23:46

200,000 policemen to keep security on election day

BANGKOK: -- An estimated half of the 400,000 strong police force will be dispatched to maintain law and order on the election day this Sunday, according to a senior police officer.

Pol Lt-General Amnart Anatngam, assistant national police chief who heads the police centre to maintain peace during the election, said that more than 200,000 policemen would be deployed, and more than 50,000 of them commissioned officers. Those are in addition to 1,450 rapid deployment units on standby at police stations, he added.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-01-29"

They can't all have been on motorcade-duty in Udon Thani ! wink.png

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/701602-wounded-red-shirt-hardliner-kwanchai-gets-a-big-police-guard-en-route-to-ballot-box/

Did EC officials asked the police to act against certain individuals or groups in the polling booths? Being available for keeping security is something different than assisting the EC with the organisation.

Of course its the EC's fault. They have to call police to clear out the protesters if they are impeding the rights

of the citizens to vote. The government aren't at the polling stations the EC is holding the elections and in charge

of polling stations. The only thing is the EC demonstrated there utter incompetence if providing safe and

secure candidate registration sites. That should have been a clear warning to the government of there incompetence

and they should have been fired and replaced. For those who say the government control the police and the

government should have called in the police to clear protester, is that the way it would work at your house. If there

was trouble there you would wait for the government to call the police because they control them? Of course not

you would call the police.

• Like 2

On the contrary. The EC are not a police unit.

If anyone failed the it was the PTP who stood by and allowed the blockades to happen. They control the police and the military (allegedly) not the EC.

I suggest that the courts actually consider who is exactly at fault for allowing this to happen and come down hard on them.

Why would the PTP want to stop the protesters from blockading the voting areas around Bangkok, if anything it was a smart move to let the Protesters disrupt the voting in Bangkok as this was not the PTP strong area, in fact it is a Democrat area. Good move by Yingluck's Party. Most of the PTP areas up north voted as normally, looks like she has kicked a goal again.

You have to be joking surely.

Allowing protesters to block polls in the capital only delays their result. No complete election = no victory.

Plenty of ammo for the judiciary to nullify the election also.

But I assume you have not thought deeply enough into this judging by your comment.

Yingluck and PTP kick another own goal yet again.

If anyone failed the it was the PTP who stood by and allowed the blockades to happen. They control the police and the military (allegedly) not the EC.

I suggest that the courts actually consider who is exactly at fault for allowing this to happen and come down hard on them.

Why would the PTP want to stop the protesters from blockading the voting areas around Bangkok, if anything it was a smart move to let the Protesters disrupt the voting in Bangkok as this was not the PTP strong area, in fact it is a Democrat area. Good move by Yingluck's Party. Most of the PTP areas up north voted as normally, looks like she has kicked a goal again.

Most of the PTP areas up north voted as normally..............but not that many voted PTP.

Of course its the EC's fault. They have to call police to clear out the protesters if they are impeding the rights

of the citizens to vote. The government aren't at the polling stations the EC is holding the elections and in charge

of polling stations. The only thing is the EC demonstrated there utter incompetence if providing safe and

secure candidate registration sites. That should have been a clear warning to the government of there incompetence

and they should have been fired and replaced. For those who say the government control the police and the

government should have called in the police to clear protester, is that the way it would work at your house. If there

was trouble there you would wait for the government to call the police because they control them? Of course not

I had to take my daughter around to a few poling stations in Chiang Mai for a class project and there were police at all the ones we went to. Funny they did not do the same in Bangkok.

Perhaps you should explain how breaking the law is excusable at all ? ... either you are for reform or not, if you are then there is none that deserve special treatment or above the law.

Truth is its just another Thai witchhunt with no interest whatsoever in true reforms or a solid and respected rule of law.... just one that serves one point of view only as long as its the one you agree with.

Therefore you are in fact in principles no better than who you abhor.

I assume this was a reply to my prior post and that you can't manage the quote system. Where did I say that breaking the law was acceptable? But if some are receiving "harsh" penalties, others must be receiving lesser - special treatment or above the law. Which I do object to.

Keep your distortions, casual lies and slurs coming. They amuse me, though I know it is not PC to laugh at the less fortunate.

In case you missed it, the army would not allow the police to take a firm hand against the protestors. Every time the government tried to rein in the election saboteurs, the EC undermined those efforts.

• Like 1

What part of the Election Commissions responsibilities do you not understand?

Its responsibilities include the organization, management and counting of all elections and voting in the Kingdom, all procedures and staff will also be under the Commission's administration. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Election_Commission_of_Thailand

And where does it say law enforcement ??

Come on Fabby admit the irony. A corrupt and inefficient police force, loyal to a government that acts illegally, disrespects the law, and is seemingly controlled by a convicted criminal fugitive complaining that someone else should be responsible for enforcing the law so people can lawfully vote.

What a joke these clowns are. Sadly, not a funny one though.

In case you missed it, the army would not allow the police to take a firm hand against the protestors. Every time the government tried to rein in the election saboteurs, the EC undermined those efforts.

Rubbish. The army would not stand by and allow extreme violence to be used, and rightly so. The caretaker government have also rightly avoided that tactic, although not necessarily for the right reasons. The police were tasked with enforcing the law and complying with internationally accepted standards. They have failed miserably, just as the clan they support has. (Apart from the leader of course whose an extra billion $ richer).

What a lame excuse. That would explain why the police stand around picking their noses and scratching their <deleted>. No one called them. Hear no evil, see no evil and definitely police no evil!

That explains why they've ignored all the violence - they've been waiting a call and no one's manning the phone. facepalm.gif

I haven't seen any regular police around my area of BKK, doing anything, for weeks!!!

It's almost like they've all gone on an extended vacation. Of course, that wouldn't be too much different from what they do (or don't do) all the time anyway.