Four anti-government protesters killed in horror crash in Hua Hin

Attention to detail folks. Right, why does a driver run away? If he is not to blame.

and TV posters were very quick to blame the truck driver here. And a politician! Bizarre.

What is somewhat ironic is the display of the Shut Down Bangkok scarf. Sad business, upon sad business.

And if the driver saw all the anti protester clothing in the car, he would have every right to run away given the anti protester reputation for physical violence. Fear may be his reason for leaving. Also being unlicensed, carrying no insurance, being an illigal immigrant, drunk, etc. There are a whole lot of reasons for running away.

You're right. I didn't want to do the list, but they're all good possibilities. However, posters do tend to run off at the mouth, judging events by news articles, which are notoriously inaccurate, incomplete and unreliable, understanding they are mostly written, this type anyway, for sensation value.

These cases would normally be decided by the police evidence and by a court, with insurance lawyers present after considerable thrashing of the facts.

We all appreciate that truck drivers are frequently under educated, under trained, badly equipped and overworked but that doesn't make them automatically guilty.

Don't want to call this scum of the earth an animal, because it will be an insult to the animals.

Hope they catch him soon.

My condolences to the families of the four dead.

When I read the article: tragic. Very tragic. The road around Cha'am area is pretty much Russian Roulette. U turns with slow moving trucks. Exhausted drivers. Speeding. Not wearing safety belts. Bad road lightning. But my 1st reaction knowing now the protesters nowadays see conspiracy everywhere. Shall we just wait for real proofs and exclude it was a normal traffic accident? With a driver falling asleep which could be the pick up too.....

Rest in PEACE! I'm every day confronted with situations, where I have to think for others. Feel sorry for those who were left without their relatives.

And for the douchebag. They were actually in Bangkok, because of Thaksin and his Muppet (show).

Edited by lostinisaan

Now some douchebag can come in and blame Yingluck for this in 3....2.....1

Of course another guy who doesn't know anything. It's obviously Thaksins fault, duh.

Edit - RIP to the victims and their families, seeing the story this may have been a deliberate act is shocking.

It looks to me they got what they deserve. They were probably drunk, with delusion.

If I was the mod I would ban anyone instantly for posting a cruel and heartless comment like that.

You can flame me all you like, call me every rotten name under the sun, but please don't make comments like that again, on any forum.

• Like 2

Now some douchebag can come in and blame Yingluck for this in 3....2.....1

Of course another guy who doesn't know anything. It's obviously Thaksins fault, duh.

Edit - RIP to the victims and their families, seeing the story this may have been a deliberate act is shocking.

It looks to me they got what they deserve. They were probably drunk, with delusion.

If I was the mod I would ban anyone instantly for posting a cruel and heartless comment like that.

You can flame me all you like, call me every rotten name under the sun, but please don't make comments like that again, on any forum.

+ 1. Can't believe what sort of people here are allowed to post. Where's "metisdead" ,The moderator who suspends people for making jokes??

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 2

11 adult passengers on a 4 door pick up makes 5 in the cabin and 6 at the back, plus minimum 11 bags with camping gear, clothing - making car overloaded and possibly unstable.

ramming into pick up might be pure accident.

11 adult passengers on a 4 door pick up makes 5 in the cabin and 6 at the back, plus minimum 11 bags with camping gear, clothing - making car overloaded and possibly unstable.

ramming into pick up might be pure accident.

heavy on the "might happen"

figure the odds. thousands of pickups on the road overloaded with friends and relatives, but this one just happened to have political implications.

You live in a fantasy world with Santa Claus and the Easter bunny too?

I am new to this forum, however I cannot believe some of the deplorable comments posted. I will not be specific but those who comment in poor taste know who they are and should have a good hard look at themselves.

You speculate, post self opinionated comments and in general, show yourselves to be ignorant of the situation. You go off and ramble on without having any actual facts to substantiate the garbage you post on this site. Some try to be comical, others are just downright despicable in their attempts to articulate their version of events.

If you cannot say good in relation to someone or have first hand knowledge of a situation then do not write your speculative garbage as it only shows that you are poorly educated and cannot debate as clearly there is no intelligence present.

They are talking of four deaths and many injured yet some of you post comments that are clearly disrespectful to those who have passed without knowing if their families may visit this forum and read the ill formed comments you have made. I would say to you show some respect but clearly to do so you have to respect yourself first and it is obvious that you do not. It appears many have a problem showing compassion so I will add something for you. R.I.P.

My sentiments exactly,could not agree with you more.

• Like 1

The way I see the picture on so looks like it's not like a 10-wheel truck has pushed for mini truck.
To me it looks as if the driver of the mini truck lost control of his car. No 10-wheel truck has been involved in this accident.
By contrast, the mini truck rolled runt of the roof there has so stood 2-3 demostranter of backloaded and firms encounter death immediately when the mini truck rolled over. Mini truck has not been driven into a tree no marks on the wood. The damage to the mini truck would also be more pronounced if the mini truck had been driven into directly into the wood. Mini truck has damage to the roof and side because it has rolled around. Do the police have taken alcohol tests on the deceased chauffoer?

Edited by beowolf2012

I am new to this forum, however I cannot believe some of the deplorable comments posted. I will not be specific but those who comment in poor taste know who they are and should have a good hard look at themselves.

You speculate, post self opinionated comments and in general, show yourselves to be ignorant of the situation. You go off and ramble on without having any actual facts to substantiate the garbage you post on this site. Some try to be comical, others are just downright despicable in their attempts to articulate their version of events.

If you cannot say good in relation to someone or have first hand knowledge of a situation then do not write your speculative garbage as it only shows that you are poorly educated and cannot debate as clearly there is no intelligence present.

They are talking of four deaths and many injured yet some of you post comments that are clearly disrespectful to those who have passed without knowing if their families may visit this forum and read the ill formed comments you have made. I would say to you show some respect but clearly to do so you have to respect yourself first and it is obvious that you do not. It appears many have a problem showing compassion so I will add something for you. R.I.P.

Yep, welcome to TV. Where the miserable come to commiserate. coffee1.gif

Edited by iSabai

it was those farmers fault. if they had been properly doing their job at the road block http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/701713-farmers-close-bangkok-south-road-to-demand-payment-for-rice/ then this pickup truck wouldn't have got through, i think the farmers should be sued for dereliction of duty at the Constitutional Court. i think the driver probably paid a bribe to get through the roadblock so the ant-corruption watchdog should be in on this too..

Edited by Big Bird Flippa

Attention to detail folks. Right, why does a driver run away? If he is not to blame.

and TV posters were very quick to blame the truck driver here. And a politician! Bizarre.

What is somewhat ironic is the display of the Shut Down Bangkok scarf. Sad business, upon sad business.

And if the driver saw all the anti protester clothing in the car, he would have every right to run away given the anti protester reputation for physical violence. Fear may be his reason for leaving. Also being unlicensed, carrying no insurance, being an illigal immigrant, drunk, etc. There are a whole lot of reasons for running away.

It was the driver of the pickup that ran away.Have a look at post #17.

It was the driver of the pickup that ran away.Have a look at post #17.

Yes, I think this was generally accepted by us. We are commenting on the pick up driver. But thanks anyway. Its all pretty moot, as the details on these accidents are invariably muddied and I don't see the point of trying to analyse them too much.

My point was more the irony of the passengers circumstances. On a mission to shut down Bangkok.

Its time the citizens got on with the democracy they have and try to improve on it, rather than shut down the

business of Thailand that is working.

• Like 1

That's what happens when people ride in the back of a pickup!

Frigging insane!

11 people crammed into a pick up. Looking at the damage, it is probable that had the vehicle been carrying no more than the appropriate maximum number and all been wearing seatbelts, there would have been no fatalities. A passenger claims a truck hit the vehicle. Unfortunately, one does not need politics to have such a collision. We all see the how the big trucks drive and we all see how pickups crammed full of people drive. It's so typical of the aftermath to have someone blaming a third party. For all we know the pickup could have been speeding and hit the truck. If the driver was irresponsible enough to pack everyone, how do we know he was driving responsibly?

• Like 2

Please practice what you preach.

Please practice what you preach.

Typical dumb comment from you.