Thai-Indian business tycoon to be deported for protesting

Lite Beer

well so much for democracy.

You can be a part of our country, you cam make us money, but know where you stand...

you are not one of us! All men are not created equal, no inalienable rights here.

Clueless and disgraceful. Way to go PTP, your sort of only for Thai people after

their money of course. (pun intended) bah.gif

it has been clearly stated in the press and the TV that any foreigner who takes part in the protests, will be deported. you would think that he knew that!

Doesn't make it right does it? All the paranoid weirdos here who are constantly call Supthep a fascist should really have a good look at this...

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you don't like the country you visit then leave it !

I disagree with the concept of borders.

They are a man-made source of selfishness and xenophobia.

I see the world as a whole.

Everyone should be alone to move freely.

And people from any country should be able to get involved in other countries' problems if they think they can help.

Now, what other world do you suggest I teleport myself to?

Eden, with the rest of the space hippies. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708482/

You can be a part of our country, you cam make us money, but know where you stand...

you are not one of us! All men are not created equal, no inalienable rights here.

Clueless and disgraceful. Way to go PTP, your sort of only for Thai people after

it has been clearly stated in the press and the TV that any foreigner who takes part in the protests, will be deported. you would think that he knew that!

Doesn't make it right does it? All the paranoid weirdos here who are constantly call Supthep a fascist should really have a good look at this...

It might make Suthep promise to reform immigration law.

Every farang on here will.love him then. Lol

• Like 1

Sad. There was a big article on him in the Bangkok Post a few days back where it talked about how his family came to Thailand, how they built up the businesses, he became a respected member of the community, did good works for charity etc. If this was America everyone would say that he is representative of what makes America great, he is the living embodiment of The American Dream, proof that anyone can make it there through hard work and dedication. Sadly this is Thailand and there is no democracy here, only Taksinocracy that says dissenters must be punished. By the sounds of it he is a real stand up guy and his only 'crime' is taking a stand against a corrupt government made up of criminals and gangsters, he did the right thing and he will suffer for it. This is a sad day for Thailand.

I couldn't agree more. His only crime is being a person of integrity who saw the tyranny in his adopted homeland go beyond tolerable and decided to take a stand.

This is pure vindictive harassment and intimidation and reflects on the immature and bullying nature of those behind what Thai's call "slaughter the chicken for the monkey to see" or roughly translated as "since he's a high profile non-citizen we'll make an example of him to foreigners to stay out of our business".

I smell Chalerm and Surapong behind this.

Guys please I am trying to hold back the tear, it's all too much saai.gifviolin.gifcoffee1.gif

Yes Suthep will become our leader, he will love farang and we will become whole, arrrse wholes!!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif where do these ideas come from?

Just to not make it a political quarrel, I will remember you the same rule was expressed during Abhisit government and 2010 clashes...

• Like 2

Without wanting to break any of TV rules and also facing any defamation suits, I am curious why everybody says that this guy is so great and a nice, ethical, non-corrupted and charitable guy. Is it really true? How did he make his monies? According to his site, which is now down, the Sehgal Group owns the Lookeast Magazine (funny a magazine that promotes tourism and travel but yet the protests that he is a core member of is killing so many hotels and retail outlets businesses plus why did he join a march to the Civil Aviation Dept that was threatening to close down air traffic support, something that could endanger lives of air travellers?), he also owns the Indus Indian Restaurant, and with his family, owns the Dressed Salad Restaurants which recently opened and Rise Productions, a concert promoter and also a small solar energy company and also in the horse business. (does all these make one a tycoon?????). yeap, I know that he owns a couple of condo units and some real estate upcountry, but that all. Will all these businesses also be affected since he was involved in the protests as a core leader?

Interesting though, but some might want to talk to other Indians in the community to find out how he really made his money.Just curious thats all.

Suthep has shown little interest, and even less respect, for foreigners. The country is xenophobic from the core and there is a belief that being Thai makes them unique. I very much doubt that Suthep, or anyone else for that matter, would loosen up the immigration laws.

• Like 2

Yes Suthep will become our leader, he will love farang and we will become whole, arrrse wholes!!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif where do these ideas come from?

You do understand. Lol....

I can understand them going after tourists, who have no business taking part in the protests. But, a guy who works here, and it part of a wealthy and powerful community? Have they completely lost their marbles? Is there no one with common sense in this administration? We all know Chalerm does not have much of this facility, but are there not any others? For a country that is pretending to be a functioning democracy, a move like this really gives away a lot. Very, very silly. Very immature. Very defeatist. Not very smart.

What difference should it make if he's a rich nice bloke or not? If there was a pro thaksin white guy who was a rich nice bloke up on the reds stage, the result would have been absolutely identical.

It begs the real question, "why are they so petrified of the opinions of foreigners?"

• Like 1

Don't hold back your tears, it's okay even for a macho man like you to cry one in a while, SERIOUSLY. Taking things seriousy one in a while is a sign of growing up. SERIOUSLY, think about it.........

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sad. There was a big article on him in the Bangkok Post a few days back where it talked about how his family came to Thailand, how they built up the businesses, he became a respected member of the community, did good works for charity etc. If this was America everyone would say that he is representative of what makes America great, he is the living embodiment of The American Dream, proof that anyone can make it there through hard work and dedication. Sadly this is Thailand and there is no democracy here, only Taksinocracy that says dissenters must be punished. By the sounds of it he is a real stand up guy and his only 'crime' is taking a stand against a corrupt government made up of criminals and gangsters, he did the right thing and he will suffer for it. This is a sad day for Thailand.

Your moniker is absolutely spot on my friend.

• Like 2

I can understand them going after tourists, who have no business taking part in the protests. But, a guy who works here, and it part of a wealthy and powerful community? Have they completely lost their marbles? Is there no one with common sense in this administration? We all know Chalerm does not have much of this facility, but are there not any others? For a country that is pretending to be a functioning democracy, a move like this really gives away a lot. Very, very silly. Very immature. Very defeatist. Not very smart.

But very very real, he knew the rules and he thought being a big business (LOL) man he could break them. Not very smart.

• Like 1

But very very real, he knew the rules and he thought being a big business (LOL) man he could break them. Not very smart.

you beat me to it... yes very, very silly, very immature and not very smart WHY did he do it???

PS I should add that on a human level everyone should feel empathy and sorry for him of course but it focuses all of us on the fact we are NOT Thai and street protests leave to the Thais and he was warned the report says and still carried on? very silly and arrogant frankly - no one should be supporting any side on the streets - not our fight

Edited by binjalin

Right, NO foreigner have a right to go for protest, this is a Native Thai Nation issue and Business. That what I exactly hate in my country or back in Europe,foreigners come to our country's and going on the street to tell us what we should do and what there rights. xxxxxyou all,if you don't like the country you visit then leave it !!!!!!

Normally I would whole heartedly agree with you. I hate when countries like England or America interfere with other countries business. I also think it's correct that this guy gets deported. Having said that, the anger in your comment is so unwarranted, you have a foreign name - Andreas, yet you talk as though Thailand is your country? If that's how you feel then the Indian guy has the same right too, right?

Interference?

You equate making a statement interfering? Strewth. If it gets really bad, maybe they can invade and do some nation building? Operation Asian Teach u Lot How to Run a Country?

Yes, making a statement is interference if the statement comes froma "super power" country. If Wales or New Zealand makes a statement nobody gives a rat's, But when America or China makes a statement, people take note (for some reason) and as such it's "interfering".. Kind of like Iran, america makes a spurious statement regarding WMD and it's <deleted>, but people listen, right?

Don't hold back your tears, it's okay even for a macho man like you to cry one in a while, SERIOUSLY. Taking things seriousy one in a while is a sign of growing up. SERIOUSLY, think about it.........

Eh facepalm.gif , and who are you talking too...............sad.png

What was all that about? now I need to hold back the laughter. Thanks no more tears for me, no sir no more tears.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 1

This is a reaction by the government, as it was to be expected.

Go after a soft target if you don't dare to go against the harder targets. Did I hear somebody mention Chalerm?

Scare minority business off supporting the opposition.

Go after older people, they are easier to scare.

But what I have been wondering all the time and now I saw a ticker-tape on BlueskyChannel about this: How can people send in their ideas and thoughts to the protest leaders, e.g. as e-mails? The ticker tape didn't show an address, though.

This way, intelligent people among the foreign supporters can also provide some input. Just make sure, your e-mail address is NOT in Thailand...

BlueSkyChannel did provide English text via the ticker tape, which makes it interesting to watch for all those, who can't understand the Thai of the speakers.

Right, NO foreigner have a right to go for protest, this is a Native Thai Nation issue and Business. That what I exactly hate in my country or back in Europe,foreigners come to our country's and going on the street to tell us what we should do and what there rights. xxxxxyou all,if you don't like the country you visit then leave it !!!!!!

Normally I would whole heartedly agree with you. I hate when countries like England or America interfere with other countries business. I also think it's correct that this guy gets deported. Having said that, the anger in your comment is so unwarranted, you have a foreign name - Andreas, yet you talk as though Thailand is your country? If that's how you feel then the Indian guy has the same right too, right?
Interference?

You equate making a statement interfering? Strewth. If it gets really bad, maybe they can invade and do some nation building? Operation Asian Teach u Lot How to Run a Country?

Yes, making a statement is interference if the statement comes froma "super power" country. If Wales or New Zealand makes a statement nobody gives a rat's, But when America or China makes a statement, people take note (for some reason) and as such it's "interfering".. Kind of like Iran, america makes a spurious statement regarding WMD and it's <deleted>, but people listen, right?
They said "we would not like there to be a coup".

Do you really think anyone who I am planning a coup sits there and says "hmmm, better not, USA said no".

Its just an opinion. Now, if they threatened something or tried to influence it, that is different.

I hope there.isn't a coup either. Wow. The world shook huh. What difference does it make to say something. No influence whatsoever. If its a good idea, what difference does it make who says it.

Its a bit like letting children burn their hands on the oven.

I wish I'd told him not to run with those scissors.

Edited by Thai at Heart

And you should add a 'dam' to the end of your moniker.....

And you should add a 'dam' to the end of your moniker.....

Here here

Whereas I think, that in a democratic country, every citizen - and I would "living there, working there, paying taxes there" define as some kind of citizenship- should have the right to protest...this is Thailand!

It is NOT a democratic country, it has at least 2 laws that prevent an open discourse about...stuff... and it has given out a clear warning in writing and action (deporting other before).

So IF you are some kind of "foreigner", you should stay off the streets.

Sorry to say: he (probably) knew about the risk, he took it!

Nevertheless: it is a completely moronic action!

I expected no different!