Beer Holders

bangkokStranger

Hi,

im looking to price beer bottle holders that you see in Thailand and considering this forum seems to have a few bar owners then i taught this would be a good place to start. How much are they and where would i go to buy between 100-1000. I have someone in Pattaya that can do the shipping etc for me so if someone in Pattaya or elsewhere has any connections please let me know the price.

Just in case anyone is unsure what im on about, its the condoms that beer bottles are put into to stop them getting warm. Im referring to the plastic ones with the foam inside and not the material ones.

Also are these also available widely in any European countries, i know we dont have hot enough weather in some countries in Europe but im suprised they are not used in most bars throughout europe in the summer. And on that subject has anyone came across any other countries that use them alot??

Cheers

Hi,

im looking to price beer bottle holders that you see in Thailand and considering this forum seems to have a few bar owners then i taught this would be a good place to start. How much are they and where would i go to buy between 100-1000. I have someone in Pattaya that can do the shipping etc for me so if someone in Pattaya or elsewhere has any connections please let me know the price.

Just in case anyone is unsure what im on about, its the condoms that beer bottles are put into to stop them getting warm. Im referring to the plastic ones with the foam inside and not the material ones.

Also are these also available widely in any European countries, i know we dont have hot enough weather in some countries in Europe but im suprised they are not used in most bars throughout europe in the summer. And on that subject has anyone came across any other countries that use them alot??

Cheers

I noticed that a few bars I went to in Sri Lanka used them... :o

totster :D

I bought my "Geelong Cats" one in OZ - $1.

How about big ones for pint-sized beers - they last longer so should have them too?

Ive Never seen any ones for pints when i was in Thailand, ive heard of ones for cans but i havent seen them. i would also be very interested in Pint Holders if there is such a thing, does anyone know where i can get them or has anyone seen them in Thailand

How about big ones for pint-sized beers - they last longer so should have them too?

Ive Never seen any ones for pints when i was in Thailand, ive heard of ones for cans but i havent seen them. i would also be very interested in Pint Holders if there is such a thing, does anyone know where i can get them or has anyone seen them in Thailand

I'm sure you could get them made if they are not readily available.. :o

totster :D

And on that subject has anyone came across any other countries that use them alot??

Anyone ever travelling or living in the US knows that there are numerous places where it gets outright hot and humid in the summer. Yet, here in the US, the usage of beer-bottle "condoms" in bars is rarely, if not ever, used. Here in the US bars rely on an old invention to keep beer and customers cool... it is called air-conditioning. :o

Beer "condoms" are available in the home though for those outdoor cookouts.

Edited by Gumballl

Condoms for beer!

In Pattaya there is a shop/stall behind Big C/Festival Centre that sells hardware, cups, saucers, plates, glasses etc. We bought these condoms from there but I don't remember the price - cheap, maybe only 10 baht or so. These are the sponge type, not the polystyrene ones! Big C is on 2nd. Road. The shop is across the road from the back of Big C. 2 sizes, one holds a big bottle of Chang, the other holds a coke can. :o:D

post-13984-1148524510_thumb.jpg

I bought mine in one of the Foodland outlets in Bangkok. It was a long time ago and I can't remember which one. They are for pint bottles.

Why would you want a condom for half pint bottles?

If you were like this you might....

minime.jpg

I used to get both kinds in the US for nuthin. Beer co's give em away with beer purchases; nice ones with the beautuful Bud label on them. The guy who said nobody uses them is correct. the beer is smooth and you drink it fast in hot weather unlike the thai beer that makes you wretch when you take a large sip

"stubbie coolers"

I think the wetsuit rubber ones are the best.

they keep the beer cool in the hot weather and the hands warm in the cool weather, marvelous .

can also double as a protective case for your camera.

:o

I agree, the wet-suit ones are best. They are popular in Singapore too, at home, but not so common in bars, though a few have them. Also referred to as "coozies" (sp ?).

Very common in the US, especially for use at cookouts as a previous poster mentioned. They're very cheap and usually even given away for free as a promotional item. Obviously you couldn't get very many this way. In the US they're called beer 'coozies'.

I got a velcro Sydney Swans stubby holder that travels with me :D

I got paid a dollar to use a Geelong one and no amount of money could convince me to use a collingwood one :o

I got a velcro Sydney Swans stubby holder that travels with me :D

I got paid a dollar to use a Geelong one and no amount of money could convince me to use a collingwood one :o

I agree. On a really hot day I might use a crows one, but would rather shove the stubby up my arse than use a collingwood product!