Welcome to New Members

tuky

:o sweaty dee downs chow

my tooth is playing up again, but still i keep prodding it with my tongue, my finger, a straw, in fact anything with the ability to prod and poke. ow... ow... ow...

the team continues to exasperate me. last night saw 2 questions being asked in the half-hour show. now, i'm not a tv producer, but surely the main ingredient of a quiz show is a quiz. i'd have thought this would be key. the so-called "teams" of one man were each asked one question. after those questions, the score was tied at 11-all. quite exciting, you may think. but was the tie resolved? did the question man question them further? did he ######. instead, there then appeared, as if from heaven, eight other people, complete strangers to me. the quiz man yammered away to them for the rest of the show, leaving me to nurse my wrath until i could release it onto this forum.

the team - there can be only one (question asked per show)

from to hiphop bbbop

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Dooin

My name is Mick from Bangkok (surprise, surprise) and I've been in Thailand for just over six years now.

I work on the internet all day almost every day and I can't believe that it took a military coup for me to find such an interesting and useful web site like ThaiVisa.com.

Cheers

Mick

Hiya Dooin

My name is Mick from Bangkok (surprise, surprise) and I've been in Thailand for just over six years now.

I work on the internet all day almost every day and I can't believe that it took a military coup for me to find such an interesting and useful web site like ThaiVisa.com.

Cheers

Mick

good on you mick, :D

and yes, you sure are very lucky to have stumbled across this forum arn't you. :D

she is the best forum in the whole of los and that is 125 % strait up fact.

you got to be real smart when you post mate,

never let your your gaurd down as the boys will be on to you, like a blow fly on to a soi dogs arse and frigging destroy you. :D

some punters have no mercy for a newbie but my good self is full of compassion and welcome all punters.

thats until i dont like them anymore and then they got problems, as im into them as well. :D

dont worry mate as you sound like a top bleeding fella and are welcome here. :D

cheers my top new friend. :o

Hiya BKKmick, you`ve certainly stumbled across the best of the best. Welcome to our forum.

considered by some a sort of a local pub, we get together and chew the fat, take the p1ss, and generally have a good time, whilst also having an abundant info source for anything and evrything under this sun, and a few others.

thanks for the tune in kayo and i must say i did'nt notice at all, but i'll note that in my brain box for future reference. :D

your a cracker clown kayo, and i recon you could score a job with the great moscow circus. :D

look mate im going to save your arse here and give you the best tip you'll ever get.

when your in the ring you just keep your eye out for a rampaging pachyderm as he'll swat you like a frigging little fly. :D

that would be a shocker. :D

cheers kayo ,

from your top aussie punting mate,

terry. :o

Now terry, I`ll forgive you this once, as you`ve not been here long.

Despite the fact that I appreciate your concern and top tip,

I`ll clue you in on something else.... The real me, the original me, the CHANG Si Chompuu,

post-12676-1159285890_thumb.jpg

t´was my look and my Avatar for oh... yyyyeeeeeeeearrrssss

before I got promoted to klown..

So I don`t think I`ll have any worries there mate. :D

:D sweaty dee downs chow

my tooth is playing up again, but still i keep prodding it with my tongue, my finger, a straw, in fact anything with the ability to prod and poke. ow... ow... ow...

the team continues to exasperate me. last night saw 2 questions being asked in the half-hour show. now, i'm not a tv producer, but surely the main ingredient of a quiz show is a quiz. i'd have thought this would be key. the so-called "teams" of one man were each asked one question. after those questions, the score was tied at 11-all. quite exciting, you may think. but was the tie resolved? did the question man question them further? did he ######. instead, there then appeared, as if from heaven, eight other people, complete strangers to me. the quiz man yammered away to them for the rest of the show, leaving me to nurse my wrath until i could release it onto this forum.

the team - there can be only one (question asked per show)

from to hiphop bbbop

bbop, I can give you a tip now... Don`t pick at it anymore, and go to a dentist. You in LOS? Dirt cheap high quality dentistry in LOS mate! :D

I`ve got about ten teeth buigging me, awaiting my return to LOS to deal with them.

Can`t trust the dentists here in Guatemala. Their likely to pull your eyes out.

kayo me top bleeding cobber mate,

ive been around long enough to now you where a pachyderm my good man.

cricky's kayo,

you forgot already that i used to ask you how much the glasses cost for jumbo. ? :o

jes--us mate,

they must of cost you a frigging fortune. :D

cheers kayo. :D

Hi all

Joined a month or so ago, in fact i'm no longer a "newbie"! I'v made a couple of posts and replied to a few, even managed to annoy a few folks!

I don't live in thailand but would dearly love to. Live here in Blighty, married to a Thai and have an 17 month old Son who i reakon with his Thai features will break a few hearts when he's older!

I really enjoy being on Thaivisa but i don't have a computer so use works which is monitored closley buy my employers so could be cut off if i over-do-it.

I would really enjoy and be interested in hearing from other western guys who are in a relationship with a Thai both positive and negative. In fact i can't understand why there is'nt a forum for this?

I would really enjoy and be interested in hearing from other western guys who are in a relationship with a Thai both positive and negative. In fact i can't understand why there is'nt a forum for this?

Welcome to Thaivisa Mark. Probably find more then you want with the Search features of the board. Also, might browse the Family & Children forum if you haven't already.

We at Thaivisa welcome all new members in the Thai year 2549, or perhaps as most of us might know it, 2006.

Post your introduction here so we all might get a chance to know you, and you us before you start posting.

Welcome to Thaivisa, we hope you enjoy your time here :D

:D:o

Thanks for the welcome mat , I'm the Wizard of R&R.....I've lived in Thailand since 1988 ! Mostly in Phuket but 5 years in BKK.

Hello all,

I’m Chung from the USA. I just wanted to thank everyone involved with this site for helping me with my research in planning my trip. I have really enjoyed the your past posts, pack full of knowledge, advise, and sarcasm. :D

You guys have saved me so much time with my planning and making contacts. I feel I have been given an insiders view of what I can, and what not do in Thailand as a farung. I hate learning things the hard way. However, I do like to get off the beaten path and looking forward to seven weeks of exploring the LOS. :D

I’m really thankful.

Chung :D

ps. Anyone like to play khean? PM me. :o

Hello All!!!!

Just a little bit about me to let you all know the score!

I'm coming to Thailand at the end of November for a month or so, and I really can't wait! Been saving up for ages now and I've finally got just about enough cash (I hope)!

We fly into Bangkok on the 30th November (from London Heathrow) and then intend on making our way south to Phuket and then back up via the islands on the eastern coast!

I've read the books and seen the travel website, but I've been told this is the best place to get genuine advice and tips!

The most 'sincere' tip I've recieved so far is 'do not venture further south that Phuket' - which worried me a bit!!

Still excited tho - huge undersatement!

:o

So, and advice, hints or tip would be hugely appreciated!!

Thanks, in advance!!!!!!!

Hello All!!!!

I'm coming to Thailand at the end of November for a month or so, and I really can't wait! Been saving up for ages now and I've finally got just about enough cash (I hope)!

We fly into Bangkok on the 30th November (from London Heathrow) and then intend on making our way south to Phuket and then back up via the islands on the eastern coast!

I've read the books and seen the travel website, but I've been told this is the best place to get genuine advice and tips!

The most 'sincere' tip I've recieved so far is 'do not venture further south that Phuket' - which worried me a bit!!

:D

maybe this time :o

Hello All!!!!

:D

hello friend,

you will have a great time in los if you just follow a few simple rules. :D

1. educate yourself before you come is the top tip. buy yourself the lonely planet guide and read the "scams in thailand" section 10 times.

2. dont engage the bar girls is another cracker. :D

3. never argue with the thais and show respect at all times. :D

4. dont get too pissed up and always keep your brain on high beam is a top idea. :D

besides these few little things its all good my friend and you are going to love the los.

PS. bangkok is a mad house but if you give it time to know her you will find some amazing things in this city.

enjoy your time in los. :D

cheers friend :o

Hi, my name is Joce. I'm retired and living in Turkey but hope to spend a couple of months in Bangkok. Was thinking of relocating out there as Turkey is a bit too quiet. The forum is a real eye-opener and a good way to find out the real truth about a country.

Hi, my name is Joce. I'm retired and living in Turkey but hope to spend a couple of months in Bangkok. Was thinking of relocating out there as Turkey is a bit too quiet. The forum is a real eye-opener and a good way to find out the real truth about a country.

keep reading my friend and you will be well tuned in before you set foot in thailand. :D

this is the key to a truly wonderful experience and self education will serve you well.

cheers :o

Heya Terry - ta for the advice! Yeah - I've got the Lonely Plannet book, but since your post I've checked out the scams section again! Luckilly I'm travelling with someone who has been before so that will hopefully be a bonus!!

My girlfriend is coming too so I don't think the bargirl thing will be as issue! But ta anyway - most greatful for all the advice!

Still counting the days!!

Hello everybody, :jap:

I'm casalisa (the name of my house) and we are living in Spain. On the 19th of october we will go to Thailand and we want to stay until the 28th of febr.2007. We have allready a visa entry in our passports from the Thai Embassy in Madrid. So as I understand we will get a 9o days stay granted from the immigration office. What will we have to do for the rest of about 40 days?

Many thanks in advance and goodbye for now. :(:(:(

Hi everyone,

I recently discovered this forum so signed on about a week ago. This is a terrific forum and I really enjoy reading all the valuable (and some not so valuable) information. :o I have made 2 posts so far and have received informative replies in answer to my questions. I have been coming to Thailand for many years and I think it is a unique and wonderful place, so when I am at home in California and Hawaii, I find that reading the forum brings me closer to being there.

I have been flying airplanes, traveling the world, and chasing woman for the past 40 years so these are the only areas in which I have a small degree of expertise. I am sure that by reading this forum, the many wise members will expand my horizons !

I am married to a wonderful and beautiful Thai woman so my chasing days are over. She has told me that I can have a 'mia noi', but if I do, she will have to "cut it off and tie it to a helium baloon and I can wave bye bye to it !" :D

We come to Thailand 2 or 3 times a year and usually spend 4-8 weeks there each time. I was also considering buying a house there but reading the forum has caused me to reconsider so I am now back in the rent versus buy conundrum.

I think the forum is great and the members have a great sense of humor so I am looking forward to reading all the great forum topics and perhaps occasionally making a slight contribution.

Cheers to all.........

Hi: My name is Randy and I live in San Diego. I will be visiting BKK this Nov. I am training for my 2nd career in medicine. I SCUBA dive, play tennis and golf, I am a pilot and also fly model airplanes and and collect watches.

:D to :o Randy

You will find a host of information on plenty of different sub-forums.

Have a good time in November

Good Luck

Moss

Hi everyone,

I recently discovered this forum so signed on about a week ago. This is a terrific forum and I really enjoy reading all the valuable (and some not so valuable) information. :D I have made 2 posts so far and have received informative replies in answer to my questions. I have been coming to Thailand for many years and I think it is a unique and wonderful place, so when I am at home in California and Hawaii, I find that reading the forum brings me closer to being there.

I have been flying airplanes, traveling the world, and chasing woman for the past 40 years so these are the only areas in which I have a small degree of expertise. I am sure that by reading this forum, the many wise members will expand my horizons !

I am married to a wonderful and beautiful Thai woman so my chasing days are over. She has told me that I can have a 'mia noi', but if I do, she will have to "cut it off and tie it to a helium baloon and I can wave bye bye to it !" :D

We come to Thailand 2 or 3 times a year and usually spend 4-8 weeks there each time. I was also considering buying a house there but reading the forum has caused me to reconsider so I am now back in the rent versus buy conundrum.

I think the forum is great and the members have a great sense of humor so I am looking forward to reading all the great forum topics and perhaps occasionally making a slight contribution.

Cheers to all.........

Welcome JJ. With your experience you can give advice to some willing learner members :D:o

Hi all,

I’m new here. I am 26-year-old Thai girl. I've joined here since yesterday.Before joining, I was wondering if a Thai girl is welcomed as it seems that all members are foreigners. But I’ve now joined this site anyway. This website helps me a lot, especially after a hard long day at work.

I’ve found it interesting where I can learn English and see foreigners’ points of view in various topics, particularly on Thailand and, of course, Thai girls. I’m also willing to share mine, from a Thai girl's point of view. This website helps me a lot in easing stress, especially after a hard long day at work.

Cheers!

Clear sky in Bangkok

Hi clear Sky in Bangkok..

I like your username... Very optimistic! :D

I'm a 26 year mixed nationality (mostly harmless) guy living abroad at the moment.

I'm also the tv.com klown (misspelt, to keep me away from all the other clowns on here)

If any of the horrible people on this forum annoy you, let me know, and I'll take care. :o:D

Ciao, and enjoy,

Kayo the Klown.

Hi all,

Before joining, I was wondering if a Thai girl is welcomed as it seems that all members are foreigners.

Hi Clearsky, of course you are :D to :o Not all foreigners here, but we do have a sub-species called Klown, he fits in well on this circus.

But I have one word of warning, 'beware of the Klown'

Good Luck

Moss

Edited by Mossfinn