Electrical extension cords

sunoco27

Being a pack rat, I have several of long electric cords that I recycled from non-functioning multiple outlet boxes. They don't seem to last that long.

Can I buy a female plug here that I can install to the above cables to make extension cords?

Of course, HomePro is your friend. They also have 'regular' extension leads... without multi-sockets.

This is what I mean by a regular or normal extension cord.

and how exactly does one earth such a cable? I have yet to see an outlet in Thailand which has this type of earthing.

I did buy a 10m cable like this to use on my double insulated lawn mower.

This is what I mean by a regular or normal extension cord.

and how exactly does one earth such a cable? I have yet to see an outlet in Thailand which has this type of earthing.

I did buy a 10m cable like this to use on my double insulated lawn mower.

You have now....

post-157194-0-38192300-1391570097_thumb.

Thats a Siemens Euro plug, earth strips are on the reccesses either side.

And very unlikely to find a wall socket in Thailand that fully fits such a plug incl. earth.

Thailand has a huge "selection" of different plug/sockets, not to name it "chaos" tongue.png

The regular multi sockets are crap, they are so dangerous as the rating is so low, hard pushed to find one over 1.kw

So you plug in kettle or iron and if it doesn't start melting the wires and the surrounding plastic then its a miracle. 99bt and you have your own firestarter.

I make my own, by a couple of metres of heavy duty 2 core and an external rubber clad twin box, and rubber plug.

I earthed all my sockets with a single extra wire to every socket....living in a tree house it was too risky not to.

However as said can make your own in 20mins for less than 200bt but can but exact same at Amorn for 400bt

Thats a Siemens Euro plug, earth strips are on the reccesses either side.

And very unlikely to find a wall socket in Thailand that fully fits such a plug incl. earth.

Thailand has a huge "selection" of different plug/sockets, not to name it "chaos" tongue.png

You are quite right of course but there is provision for a ground on the plug should you choose to use it, as per the original comment.

Every building I've seen built in the past 5 or so years have 3 pin sockets. MEN also when I checked with the dmm. You'll usually find the copper rod if you look for it also.

Rcd's still appear to be optional.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

The regular multi sockets are crap, they are so dangerous as the rating is so low, hard pushed to find one over 1.kw

So you plug in kettle or iron and if it doesn't start melting the wires and the surrounding plastic then its a miracle. 99bt and you have your own firestarter.

I make my own, by a couple of metres of heavy duty 2 core and an external rubber clad twin box, and rubber plug.

I earthed all my sockets with a single extra wire to every socket....living in a tree house it was too risky not to.

However as said can make your own in 20mins for less than 200bt but can but exact same at Amorn for 400bt

you ain't supposed to use extension cords with a kettle.

Can I just say how much I love the use of 'normal' or 'standard' in posts like these, on topics where there exist a wide variety of standards that might all be considered normal in various locations across the globe. ;)

I'd like a normal set of spanners please. And a normal weighing scale. And a normal thermometer. ;)

Just typing 'normal electrical extension cord' into Google image search gives you a nice indication of the variety on offer. ( https://www.google.com/search?q=extension+cord&tbm=isch )

Anyway, one kind of normal:

127.jpg

(Not recommended. ;) )

• Like 1

Can I just say how much I love the use of 'normal' or 'standard' in posts like these, on topics where there exist a wide variety of standards that might all be considered normal in various locations across the globe. wink.png

I'd like a normal set of spanners please. And a normal weighing scale. And a normal thermometer. wink.png

Just typing 'normal electrical extension cord' into Google image search gives you a nice indication of the variety on offer. ( https://www.google.com/search?q=extension+cord&tbm=isch )

Anyway, one kind of normal:

127.jpg

(Not recommended. wink.png )

Add the word 'PROPER'.whistling.gif

• Like 1