Thai opinion: The grand paradox of the 'No' votes

webfact

a no vote in any country is a wasted and gutless vote ....

So using your logic

If you think PTP are a bunch of corrupt politicians

and there is no other major party to vote for you must vote for corruption

In my world thats call dictatorship

Democracy says we can choose to say no if we are not happy with any party

I hope in your country your main opposition party is not that idiot to not run for elections, whichever is the reason. They chosen to not run, so you can't call it dictatorship.

1) in Australia the opposition are corrupt Politicians so that is why unlike Thailand they are in Opposotion

2) the rest of you message not makes sense if is refers to my posting

So using your logic

I hope in your country your main opposition party is not that idiot to not run for elections, whichever is the reason. They chosen to not run, so you can't call it dictatorship.

1) in Australia the opposition are corrupt Politicians so that is why unlike Thailand they are in Opposotion

2) the rest of you message not makes sense if is refers to my posting

O___O Not make any sense?

You wrote this "If you think PTP are a bunch of corrupt politicians

In my world thats call dictatorship"

Here the situation is: Government is corrupt and inept. Opposition (Dem + Suthep) are same corrupt and even more inept.

In a dictatorship all state organs make in the way that leader stay at power. As we see CC, EC and courts are sure not helping PTP to stay in charge, at opposite...

Way to go, bash the messenger when you have no answer to the message, which is :

Whatever way you look at it all those who voted no and did not vote did not want PT.

If they had wanted them they would have voted for them.

So the total of the vote no's and the no votes plus those who voted for other parties equals those who do not want any more of the corrupt Thaksin led bunch.

Way to go, bash the messenger when you have no answer to the message, which is :

Whatever way you look at it all those who voted no and did not vote did not want PT.

If they had wanted them they would have voted for them.

So the total of the vote no's and the no votes plus those who voted for other parties equals those who do not want any more of the corrupt Thaksin led bunch.

Time for little miss Burberry Boots to fall on her sword

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

This article is an exhausting exercise in free-associative narrative. Apart from that, we don't know - nor should we know - what goes on in the minds of voters. That is why it is a secret process. The fact that people voted " no " for a multitude of reasons is no different that if they committed to a particular candidate. People vote for candidates for a variety of reasons as well. It's not the basis of Gestalt speculation.

The point is that regardless of the OP, those who cast a No vote do not want PT. Those who didn't vote do not want PT. Combined even considering those who haven't voted yet who want to, more than 50% of the country cast a no vote or didn't vote, so the majority do not want PT. The people have spoken. 'Nuff said...

So using your logic

They didn't run because they believe the election to be illigitimate. Good on em. On top of that by not running PT have gotten an embarrassingly low vote that they can not blame the Dems for since they weren't running. The Dems also knew the election will be nullified anyway so why waste any effort on it ? Well played by them.

• Like 1

So using your logic

They didn't run because they believe the election to be illigitimate. Good on em. On top of that by not running PT have gotten an embarrassingly low vote that they can not blame the Dems for since they weren't running. The Dems also knew the election will be nullified anyway so why waste any effort on it ? Well played by them.

So looking at your opinion

The PTP should know they would even if win have a election it would be thrown out, so they where happy to waste the money that could help the poor people they are saying they will help in the North

On the other hand the Democrates would know the same pulled out of the election as they where not ready to thrown their money into a bottomess pit

Guess that opinion makes alot of sense

Now maybe the red shirt backer mob will tell us why the government was right to waste all this money while the people suffer

I am interested in both sides of the story

The PTP should know they would even if win have a election it would be thrown out, so they where happy to waste the money that could help the poor people they are saying they will help in the North

On the other hand the Democrates would know the same pulled out of the election as they where not ready to thrown their money into a bottomess pit

Now maybe the red shirt backer mob will tell us why the government was right to waste all this money while the people suffer

I beg your pardon, before you talk about dictatorship, then you find excuses about waste of money.

Ok then, little help for you. Dems calls themselves out AFTER elections were called.

What would you do? Cancel elections because the (wrong in my opinion) choice of a party? That's laughable.

• Like 1

You did the right thing. Yes, you who went out and cast your "No" votes on Sunday.

Does this mean "The Nation" is saying the right thing was to cast a "No" vote?

What happened to newspapers being politically neutral?

You must have just arrived in Thailand from Mars! The Nation (and the Post), are hopelessly biased toward the Ruling Elite. Slavish support for the RE has long since replaced any attempt at serious journalism. This is to be expected as the university educated journalists live within a 25 baht Skytrain ride of Siam Square and have no idea what life is like for ordinary Thais.

So how do you explain all the pro government media which far outweighs the anti gov media?

In fact there are more media owned by the state than there are anti-gov media, and the independents that are pro-gov are basically controlled by the government anyway.... especially under the emergency decree which was just another exercise in a political party harnessing state resources to gain electoral advantage.

If you had it your way, the entire media would laud Thaksin and the PTP just like the entire media in Iraq under Saddam.

Complaining about bias when you are clearly being bias is plainly hypocritical don't you think?

• Like 1

You did the right thing. Yes, you who went out and cast your "No" votes on Sunday.

Does this mean "The Nation" is saying the right thing was to cast a "No" vote?

What happened to newspapers being politically neutral?

It's an opinion piece. A good opinion, in my opinion.

Not only. It's funny written in some parts. nice piece of writing :)

Putting aside the question of right or wrong, the govt had a duty by law to have elections after parliament was dissolved.

Some posters would undoubtedly counter by saying that the elections could have been postponed. Apparently, the govt was willing to consider this IF they would have received assurances that they would not be subsequently taken to court over this decision. Sadly, since this assurance was not forthcoming, they had no choice but to conduct the elections in order to comply with the law.

Once again, this is all putting aside the moral rights or wrongs, but just the legal position.

Democracy is a form of government, not only an electoral system. A democratically elected government should be open, honest and inclusive. When any of these factors is lost, democracy is starting to fail. The people here have done their part for democracy many times by casting their votes, unfortunately the elected governments have fallen short of true democratic governance. Sadly, there seems no end in sight to this lack of political integrity and competance.

Edited by attento

I beg your pardon, before you talk about dictatorship, then you find excuses about waste of money.

Ok then, little help for you. Dems calls themselves out AFTER elections were called.

What would you do? Cancel elections because the (wrong in my opinion) choice of a party? That's laughable.

MMMMhh before you go shoot off you mouth

This was someone else's opinion not mine, I was just trying to understand what is was he was trying to say

I made the comment that it made sense

I then ask to hear the red shirts side of the story

and got you

Seems you only made his story more real

I have said before I have met a lot of fools

But only a few open their mouths and prove it

Putting aside the question of right or wrong, the govt had a duty by law to have elections after parliament was dissolved.

Some posters would undoubtedly counter by saying that the elections could have been postponed. Apparently, the govt was willing to consider this IF they would have received assurances that they would not be subsequently taken to court over this decision. Sadly, since this assurance was not forthcoming, they had no choice but to conduct the elections in order to comply with the law.

Once again, this is all putting aside the moral rights or wrongs, but just the legal position.

Not exactly correct

There where many protestors who made it clear they would return to their homes if the election was held after the time had past to stop the amnesty bill resurfacing

I wrote about this my self

and Yingluck said she was only thinking about it

never said she would

Would have saved alot of trouble if she did but this was a big games of chess and she was and still is just a pawn

post-13618-0-48087900-1391601614_thumb.p

Not exactly correct

There where many protestors who made it clear they would return to their homes if the election was held after the time had past to stop the amnesty bill resurfacing

I wrote about this my self

and Yingluck said she was only thinking about it

never said she would

Would have saved alot of trouble if she did but this was a big games of chess and she was and still is just a pawn

Sorry but what is not exactly correct about my post?

I know you love your Thai wife and her Thai friends dearly but I think that the PM of a country should consider the constitution first, don't you think?

So using your logic

a fully functioning ,democratically elected govt can be forced to change democratically by public and opposition scrutiny , on the other hand an ongoing caretaker govt will spiral the country into a civil war ..... those are the two options on the table !! if the finger is to be pointed as to why this situation exists , it is because of no real OPPOSITION PARTIES ... if the educated masses are pinning there hopes on Abhisit and Suthep then its game over !! so again a no vote in this current situation is wasted and dangerous ...

MMMMhh before you go shoot off you mouth

This was someone else's opinion not mine, I was just trying to understand what is was he was trying to say

I made the comment that it made sense

I then ask to hear the red shirts side of the story

and got you

Seems you only made his story more real

I have said before I have met a lot of fools

But only a few open their mouths and prove it

First, I wonder why you have to insult me, when I did not lack of respect toward you.

You tell me to shut up my mouth and that I am a fool, but this is what you wrote (original quote, ok?)

So using your logic

The first part you wrote is referring to the cdmtdm quote.

The second part is what you write or not?

If not, then is written in a way that it seems your thought. If yes, I replied just to your thought, without offend you...

By the way, not a problem. I will avoid to reply your posts as I don't like to be insulted for something you wrote...

Peace.