Cheap International Phone Calls!

monsieurhappy

I've just been Googling for a phone service to call the UK from Thailand - cheap! I have found this one which on the surface looks OK as you don't have to be at your computer to use it and the calls are reasonably cheap. As anyone used it or know anything about it that would give useful info before signing up? The company is http://www.atlantnet.com/index.htm Thanks. :o:D

Why don't you just buy skype credit and use it to call landlines anywhere in the world, including the UK? I'm thinking of doing that as the rates are reasonable and at least I know Skype is proven and tested.

Why don't you just buy skype credit and use it to call landlines anywhere in the world, including the UK? I'm thinking of doing that as the rates are reasonable and at least I know Skype is proven and tested.

With the service I mentioned, once you have registered over the internet you don't need to be connected to make a call. All you need is your mobile and you can call from anywhere. I am not an agent of this company, I just want to know if anyone has used it and found any problems, especially with payments.

I have not used this service but looked at that website now and it seems easy to use. I would not worry about the payment method.

Watch out, though, about the rates. The advertised rates are for landlines. How much do you pay per minute if you call from your mobile phone? How much if you call a mobile in the UK? All they say is this: “Be sure to check the rates for cellular as they can be different in certain countries.”

---------------

Maestro

I've just been Googling for a phone service to call the UK from Thailand - cheap! I have found this one which on the surface looks OK as you don't have to be at your computer to use it and the calls are reasonably cheap. As anyone used it or know anything about it that would give useful info before signing up? The company is http://www.atlantnet.com/index.htm Thanks. :o:D

Why bother using this service as its 41 us cents which at current forex rates is approx.15 baht a minute, while if you were to dial 008 or 007 as a prefix from a mobile or landline in Thailand to the uk then its a flat 7 baht.

Why bother using this service as its 41 us cents which at current forex rates is approx.15 baht a minute, while if you were to dial 008 or 007 as a prefix from a mobile or landline in Thailand to the uk then its a flat 7 baht.

You're quite right, I really need some glasses, I thought it said $0.041 :o:D