30 day extension on 60 day visa

I am sure this has been answered before.

My 60 day visa expires on Feb 10th and I need to go to the Immigration office in Jomtien to get a 30 day extension.

Does the extension start on the day I get it or does it start after my 60 days is up?

What do I need to take with me?

Thanks for your help.

You need a completed TM7 form with one picture and copies of the Bio page of your passport, your visa, your last permission to stay stamp, and your departure card.. As said above it is added on to your current permission to stay.

Yes, you can yearly extension of stay on a non-O visa and would then be required to do 90 day reports in stead of leaving every 90 days.

But there are conditions which you must meet. Tell us based on what you have a multiple non-O visa (marriage/retirement/etc) and we can tell you the requirements you must meet.

marriage

You can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

For a one year extension of stay you need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 60 days or 40k baht income,

You could get the extension during the last 30 (45 some offices) days of any of your 90 day entries from your visa.

Hi

I have a related question, a couple of others have already been answered on this thread without even asking so Thks to the posters who replied to OP

I have a single entry tourist visa, expires March 16.

I want to extend it by 30 days, at Jomtien.

Question is : will I be asked to show proof of exit( flight booking ) from Thailand after the 30 days is up?

I will be heading back to the UK on or about April 12-14, probably via another neighbouring country but would prefer to leave booking travel plans until just a few days before end of that 30 day extension period.

Many Thanks

smile.png

Hi

I have a related question, a couple of others have already been answered on this thread without even asking so Thks to the posters who replied to OP

Question is : will I be asked to show proof of exit( flight booking ) from Thailand after the 30 days is up?

I will be heading back to the UK on or about April 12-14, probably via another neighbouring country but would prefer to leave booking travel plans until just a few days before end of that 30 day extension period.

Many Thanks

smile.png

You do not extend your visa. You extend your permitted to stay date.

I have never heard of anybody needing to show a ticket out of the country for an extension of stay.

• Like 1

Hi

Many Thanks

smile.png

I went down to Jomtien on Thursday to get a 30 day extension. The advice I was given on this thread was accurate.

I do have a couple of things to add that may make it easier for a first timer like myself.

- I got there around 11 am and was told to come back at 1 pm. Went for a massage to kill the time and returned at 12:30 and was given a number. I was all done and out of there by 2:30.

- I went to the lawyers/visa service office next door and they made the copies I needed for 10 baht, she then offered to fill out the form for me, I tipped her 20 baht. The form is not complicated but for 20 baht I will let someone more familiar fill it out.

- When your number comes up it is about 30 seconds, stamping your passport etc. then they hand the passport and 1900 baht fee to another desk, I then waited a further 5 minutes for my number to come up on a different screen to retrieve my passport and receipt.

All very smooth and efficient.

• Like 1