Hua Hin

Benlucky

Hello

I"m new to this forum, started reading post"s last week!

I have lived in Chiang Mai for one year and thinking about moving to Hua Hin, can anyone tell

the cost compared to Chiang Mai ? I"m looking for rental housing around 5000- 10,000 a month.

Has anyone moved recently from Chiang Mai to Hun Hin?

I hope I have posted on the right forum for this.

I made the move last year, and my rent stayed the same at first, until I moved next door. I traded a run-down 85-sq meter foot condo with great views of Doi Suthep, for a run-down 30-sq meter bungalow by the beach. And both were bargains, locally.

Almost nothing near the beach is going to run as cheap as 10K, all year round, unless it's missing something as essential as security. It's easier to get temp rentals in the low season, like the studio apts. at CondoChain for 7,000. Away from the beach, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck. The air is so much fresher!!

I made the move last year, and my rent stayed the same at first, until I moved next door. I traded a run-down 85-sq meter foot condo with great views of Doi Suthep, for a run-down 30-sq meter bungalow by the beach. And both were bargains, locally.

Almost nothing near the beach is going to run as cheap as 10K, all year round, unless it's missing something as essential as security. It's easier to get temp rentals in the low season, like the studio apts. at CondoChain for 7,000. Away from the beach, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck. The air is so much fresher!!

Hi PeaceBlondie, sorry to the OPfor hijacking the thread, I think s/he might be interested though.

Is it difficult in your experiance to find a place with ADSL ready to go there?

For example here in Cm I'm staying in a condo with ADSL in the apt., you just need to pay a monthly fee to use it.

7000 sounds good to me ,thanks i.a. :o

CondoChain did not have ADSL. You need a private landline, not an intercom or shared trunk lines. I have a private TOT landline in my place at Khao Takiab; the minimum monthly add-on for ADSL is 500 baht per month.

Thanks for your help PB !!!! :o

CondoChain did not have ADSL. You need a private landline, not an intercom or shared trunk lines. I have a private TOT landline in my place at Khao Takiab; the minimum monthly add-on for ADSL is 500 baht per month.

Hi PeaceBlondie....I thought I knew all the "church members" in Khao Takiab. A very belated welcome. I've been here for 14 years...guess I don't get out as much as I thought. If you drop me a PM I'll invite you over for a drink.

cheers

RAMPAGE

I do not know too much about options in Hua Hin, But I just recently rented a house (3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living quarters and kitchen area) for 4000 baht a month - 3 years deal. The place is approx 75 meters from the beach in Cha Am, about 25 Km north of Hua Hin.

Of course no electricity or water included and you'll have to install phone/cable TV etc. However, for 4000 baht I think you get a lot and for a bit additional money; you can make the place truly your own!