Pheu Thai Party strikes back, wants Democrat Party dissolution

Lite Beer

Knowing how "impartial" the Thai judiciary is, I'm sure they'll find supporting an insurrection and kidnapping government officials less serious than appearing on television for pay.

Would you kindly provide some links/evidence to support your claim that government officals have been kidnapped?

Didnt think so...

Suthep has multiple times on stage called on his supporters to kidnap Yingluck and government officials. There are news posts by The Nation with evidence and videos on YouTube. What more evidence do you want?

Calling for a head of state and cabinet members to be kidnapped is a serious offense.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"we don't even know if the majority of Thais want this reform or not.'

Well 55% didn't bother to vote, and many more voted NO, which seems to indicate they do want reform.

Didn't bother to vote or were prevented from voting? And "many more" voted "No Vote", how many?

A "No Vote" does not mean I want or don't want reforms, does it? Or was there something printed on the ballot in regards to reforms? When I wrote the post, I never expected someone to give such a ridiculous answer, so I'm giving you a chance to go back and post again, but this time something that makes sense.

Thank you.

How many were prevented from voting in Chiang Mai (55% turn-out), Udon (55%), Ubon (55%), Surin (50%)? PTP were the major party in all those electorates, and PTP itself has estimated their TOTAL vote was ~10 million. The support for the incumbent has dropped to disastrously low levels. How can a party claim a mandate with less than 25% of the available votes?

A No might not mean the voters want reforms, but it sure as hell means they DON"T want PTP. Sorry if that hurts (not really).

And if Abhisit had manned up to take another rear rooting and provided some opposition we can be sure another 5 million PTP would have turned out. Hardly a poster anywhere in Thailand..pointless campaiging when the oppo is a paid for mard arse

Knowing how "impartial" the Thai judiciary is, I'm sure they'll find supporting an insurrection and kidnapping government officials less serious than appearing on television for pay.

Would you kindly provide some links/evidence to support your claim that government officals have been kidnapped?

Didnt think so...

Suthep has multiple times on stage called on his supporters to kidnap Yingluck and government officials. There are news posts by The Nation with evidence and videos on YouTube. What more evidence do you want?

Calling for a head of state and cabinet members to be kidnapped is a serious offense.

and whom, precisely, has been kidnapped?

I didnt think so...

If calls on stage are accountable, i would like to refer you back to the 2010 Red Shirt protests where multiple protest leaders (i think some of them are actually MP's - or were) called everyone to burn bangkok to the ground.

Didnt think so...

As I referred to earlier..a Al Jazeera translation showed a geriatric coffin dodger on the PDRC stage saying he would show respect to the PM when she reached menopause..cue clappers and whistles. Are they real these people. They need a good un with the hairy side of my hand...youths would be clouted for showing so little respect. Please god rain for a month and remove the stench from the streets

Well 55% didn't bother to vote, and many more voted NO, which seems to indicate they do want reform.

Didn't bother to vote or were prevented from voting? And "many more" voted "No Vote", how many?

A "No Vote" does not mean I want or don't want reforms, does it? Or was there something printed on the ballot in regards to reforms? When I wrote the post, I never expected someone to give such a ridiculous answer, so I'm giving you a chance to go back and post again, but this time something that makes sense.

Thank you.

How many were prevented from voting in Chiang Mai (55% turn-out), Udon (55%), Ubon (55%), Surin (50%)? PTP were the major party in all those electorates, and PTP itself has estimated their TOTAL vote was ~10 million. The support for the incumbent has dropped to disastrously low levels. How can a party claim a mandate with less than 25% of the available votes?

A No might not mean the voters want reforms, but it sure as hell means they DON"T want PTP. Sorry if that hurts (not really).

You realize that not everyone that supports something has to go and vote for it, right?

David Cameron's Conservative Party in the UK won the 2010 election with 32.4% and he is currently Prime Minister. That translates to 19% of eligible voters.

Turnout in the UK was 65%, compared to only 61% in 2005.

With over 50% of eligible Thais turning up to vote in some places and almost 50% nationwide, I think that's a pretty good turnout considering the current political situation, lack of campaigns and blocking of polling stations by Suthep's thugs.

If you don't agree with this thing called Democracy, can you give us an explanation of a better option?

Didnt think so...

and whom, precisely, has been kidnapped?

I didnt think so...

If calls on stage are accountable, i would like to refer you back to the 2010 Red Shirt protests where multiple protest leaders (i think some of them are actually MP's - or were) called everyone to burn bangkok to the ground.

True but a different scenario. The reds were being assasinated, to order, and it was purely a defiant cry on the retreat. What would you have them say from the stage. "look everybody the nice gentleman in green are shooting your chums in the back, we think its better we pack up and go home now". Plonker

• Like 1

Didnt think so...

"Calling for a head of state....."

It might come as something of a surprise to you to know that the :"Head of State" of Thailand is presently enjoying the sea air at Klai Kangwon Palace.

Yingluck is merely a caretaker P.M. of a caretaker government presently negotiating dire straits.

Edited by ratcatcher

Didnt think so...

"Calling for a head of state....."

It might come as something of a surprise to you to know that the :"Head of State" of Thailand is presently enjoying the sea air at Klai Kangwon Palace.

Yingluck is merely a caretaker P.M. of a caretaker government presently negotiating dire straits.

You are correct. I meant to say "Head of the Government".

True but a different scenario. The reds were being assasinated, to order, and it was purely a defiant cry on the retreat. What would you have them say from the stage. "look everybody the nice gentleman in green are shooting your chums in the back, we think its better we pack up and go home now". Plonker

Ignoring the direct attempt at insulting me...

So the PDRC/Sutheps lot have not been attacked and murdered/assasinated? Wasnt one of their leaders shot dead at close range the other week? Havent the protest sites been attacked by gunfire and grenade/explosives on an almost daily basis? If its good for the goose...

and my memory of the 2010 protests - ok, i agree sometimes my memory isnt what it used to be :) - the call to burn down bangkok was prior to the red shirts pouring hundreds of litres of blood over Abhisits front gate, which was long before the red protesters when intoi 'retreat' mode. Id be happy to be proven wrong but i think you will find the burn down bangkok chant was quite early i nthe red protests of 2010.

but... on a slightly different subject, are there any red supporters and/or neutral persons here who do NOT think the Thai political system needs reforms? Before, during, after elections aside, are there any pro-government supporters here who think the thai political system is just fine and should be left as is?

Ignoring the direct attempt at insulting me...

So the PDRC/Sutheps lot have not been attacked and murdered/assasinated? Wasnt one of their leaders shot dead at close range the other week? Havent the protest sites been attacked by gunfire and grenade/explosives on an almost daily basis? If its good for the goose...

and my memory of the 2010 protests - ok, i agree sometimes my memory isnt what it used to be smile.png - the call to burn down bangkok was prior to the red shirts pouring hundreds of litres of blood over Abhisits front gate, which was long before the red protesters when intoi 'retreat' mode. Id be happy to be proven wrong but i think you will find the burn down bangkok chant was quite early i nthe red protests of 2010.

but... on a slightly different subject, are there any red supporters and/or neutral persons here who do NOT think the Thai political system needs reforms? Before, during, after elections aside, are there any pro-government supporters here who think the thai political system is just fine and should be left as is?

Apologies for the insult...but no red shirt has ever been found guilty of arson in Bangkok

Apologies for the insult...but no red shirt has ever been found guilty of arson in Bangkok

Things get a little heated on here... its one of the things i like about the forum, lively debate and discussion :)

No PDRC protesters have ever been found guilty of kidnapping anyone... and unless i am mistaken, nobody has been kidnapped... and (finally) didnt the red shirts threaten to kidnap the generals daughters recently? (and i did hear some disturbing rumours from some thai language forums, threatend to rape them)

Ultimately, the vile rhetoric coming from the protest stages is the same/similar to what happened in 2010 - and whilst i dont want to be accused of using the "but but the red shirts..." argument - it has to be said both sides come out with some pretty nasty sh*t

Yes i am Anti-RS/PTP - but i also do not agree with some of the stuff being said on the PDRC/Yellow stage.

In this case I am sure that everybody agrees that PT is totally right to accuse the Dems of serious wrongdoings.
It is clear like crystal that the Dems sided with the anti-democracy protests for their own benefit and wanted to gain power through unconstitutional means.
PT will win this case easily.

The situation would be absurd that even a author of a movie could not come up with this story. The court will close the PTP and expel more than 300 old or new MPs and also the Democratic Party abusing the constitution para 68 and also not allow the members of the party to be involved for 5 years in parliament. No parliament only solution the appointed committee as proposed by Suthep. Therefore Suthep should support the PTP in the request to dissolute the Democratic Party. At least he would get what he wants. And he was not a member of the Democrats during his initiated crisis. I am sure that is Suthep's master plan.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Have you met Oliver Stone? biggrin.png

You and he could do a great one about all of this. wai.gif

Edited by Publicus

This whole mess of " Who done-it" between all parties reminds me of a song from West Side Story" called Officer Krupke check it out!

By the way no bad intention by me for any things said in the song in regards to anyone, it is solely intended to show the confusion and mess we are in.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq28qCklEHc

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Pheu Thai Party The Empire strikes back.blink.png

I do not agree. The majority of Thailand strikes back.

Majority?

Math is not a PTP strong point. 61% of population didn't want an amnesty yet according to UDD supporters that is a small minority. 43% of the population voted for the PTP and that is a huge majority. 500 UDD protestors is a huge turnout and the voice of the majority. 6 million PDRC protestors is a tiny protest and not even worth bringing up.

Nationwide voter turnout was 47%. Valid votes was 71% with the others being invalid or a “No” vote. That equates to 33.3% counted votes. Don’t forget this calculation does not include the polls that could not open or where voters were turned away.

The PTP won the last election with 43% of the vote. Just say they got the same % again this time then that is 14.9% of eligible voters that want the PTP to return to power.

So now 14.9% of the population is the majority?

The highest turn outs were Chiang Mai (75.05% turn out), Lamphun with (73.39% turn out) and Mae Hong Son with (65.21% turn out) and if 100% of eligible voters from there voted for the PTP then that would explain the 14.9%.

Facts Math - The PTP's kryptonite.

Who would have thought that the rice scheme that brought the PTP to power 3 years ago could be its downfall 3 years later.

Your post is yet another instance of the old adage figures don't lie but liars know how to figure.

Mobs of fascist thugs threatened the vast political center middle of Thai politics, ie, the ordinary people, innocent voters in the millions, with violence at the polls.

The Bangkok University scientific survey conducted nationwide before the election found 80% of all eligible voters wanted to vote, but that half were in fear due to the violence of the fascist mobs on the streets and that unpredictably could show up anywhere, any time. The survey was of course accurate in its findings.

A little accuracy never hurts - or maybe it does really hurt some people.

• Like 1

The government has dissolved the Lower House and issued a royal decree for a general election but the Democrat Party refused to contest, claiming they wanted a national reform. Their activities are mainly for their political interest.

Can't argue with that really. Just stating the facts.

The Democrats want national reform - but we don't even know if the majority of Thais want this reform or not.

Shouldn't there be a referendum be held first to ask if Thais even want this? Because if only the minority Democrats want it, it doesn't mean that it has to be implemented. After all, they haven't won an election in over 20 years.

And on top of that, the current election laws were signed and passed by Abhisit and Suthep before the 2011 elections. They thought that changing the election laws would help them win the election. Then in 2011 they lost and now they want to change it again.

Maybe they're not losing elections due to the law, but due to the fact that Thais do not want them in office.

They should clean up their own party first. But again, if they want reforms so bad, then a referendum is the way to go, not a street mob.

55% didn't vote + many more voted no no, that is much over 100% + all who voted PTP= must be close to 200%. You never went to your mathclasses.

55% didn't vote + many more voted no no, that is much over 100% + all who voted PTP= must be close to 200%. You never went to your mathclasses.

Graduated with honours. Looks like you failed reading and comprehension in your ESL classes. You can have more people without them being more than 55%.

55% + (more/extra/other) No voters + party voters = 100%

Graduated with honours. Looks like you failed reading and comprehension in your ESL classes. You can have more people without them being more than 55%.

55% + (more/extra/other) No voters + party voters = 100%

So did Abhisit.

Graduated with honours.

clap2.gif

You two peas in a pod must have been in the same classes.

Edited by Publicus

I think the best thing to happen to Thailand right now would be for both parties to be banned and their executives and executives of the past three months to be banned for five years. Then neither side could complain about bias and Thailand could start anew.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

And Chuwit to be the leader. Chuwit for Prime Minister.

Good try. However, their grandfathers will cuddle the dem in their arms and let them continue to suck from milk bottles and playing with their pacifiers - whistle.

and the difference between this and have a brown nose from sticking up Thaksin behind is ?

Had Thaksin hate and fear campaigns solved any problem?

The government has dissolved the Lower House and issued a royal decree for a general election but the Democrat Party refused to contest, claiming they wanted a national reform. Their activities are mainly for their political interest.

Can't argue with that really. Just stating the facts.

The Democrats want national reform - but we don't even know if the majority of Thais want this reform or not.

Shouldn't there be a referendum be held first to ask if Thais even want this? Because if only the minority Democrats want it, it doesn't mean that it has to be implemented. After all, they haven't won an election in over 20 years.

And on top of that, the current election laws were signed and passed by Abhisit and Suthep before the 2011 elections. They thought that changing the election laws would help them win the election. Then in 2011 they lost and now they want to change it again.

Maybe they're not losing elections due to the law, but due to the fact that Thais do not want them in office.

They should clean up their own party first. But again, if they want reforms so bad, then a referendum is the way to go, not a street mob.

Where do you get your numbers from?

According to the EC:

BANGKOK, 6 February 2014 (NNT) 16.57% of ballot papers from the past Sunday's general election were handed in with the choice of 'no vote' checked on them, according to the Election Commission (EC).

So according to your logic, that means only 16.57% want reforms, right?

Time to get the clowns off the street.

Where do you get your numbers from?

According to the EC:

BANGKOK, 6 February 2014 (NNT) 16.57% of ballot papers from the past Sunday's general election were handed in with the choice of 'no vote' checked on them, according to the Election Commission (EC).

So according to your logic, that means only 16.57% want reforms, right?

Time to get the clowns off the street.

Realistically 95% of the Thais want reforms and only the seriously wealthy want to keep the status quo thats been filling their accounts for decades. The country needs political, social and judicial reforms but whack jobs like Suthep are not the people who should be leading the movement. Thais first need to accept that they are all equal and use the same wai to greet and save the special wai for the revered not politicians, top police, army officers, teachers, bosses etc.

Thainess, the thing they cling too in times of strife is what is holding back progression in this country