Faces of Thailand

Rob8891

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take it to a PM , don't worry the board with trivialities , I as a part of (sic) " Yourselves " have nothing to do with this as many other counterparts have the same .

If there is a personal issue , make it private please .

Take it to a PM , don't worry the board with trivialities , I as a part of (sic) " Yourselves " have nothing to do with this as many other counterparts have the same .

If there is a personal issue , make it private please

Thats a Mods place to comment, not a Member .

Regarding the Smartarse comment about a Magnum taken from a Magazine. It was taken by me with my 6 +Phone from a sign next to me as enjoyed my Leo at Mom n Pops. Im not a Pro disguised as an Amateur to promote My Websites here either.

This issue has been discussed earlier on PM, so I'll do a public reply this time.

For most of us, photography is a dear hobby. We spend a considerably amount of time to understand and to learn more about photography. How to make the subjects to pop-up from the background, how to make the light work for us, how to improve the images with post processing. This takes hundreds, or thousands of hours and countless failures.

If you take a photo of someone else's photo, wether it was from the magazine or from the billboard sign, it really is not the same thing as taking the photo of the subject by yourself.

Most of us are purely hobbyist and having a good time sharing our photos. Sometimes we have good hearted competition between each other. When one improves the photo quality, it makes others to push a bit harder to get to the same level. I personally enjoy the competition quite a lot.

If we have some professional photographers among us, the merrier. We all can learn (and dream of being able to do the same) from their examples and wisdoms shared with us.

Watermarks: Our Photo forum guidelines currently states:

5. It is recommended that you watermark your photographs before posting to protect your copyright.

This can be a visible or non-visible watermark or url on the photograph, provided that any url

does not lead to an obvious commercial site.

This rule only applies in the Photography section.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/614326-posting-images-guidelines/

That is actually an addition of the rules, which I requested two years ago as I did not want to put my photos to the forum without watermark.

I hope this is the last time I have address this issue. It is not something I enjoy to do. If you have further questions or comments, move it to the PM side.

Now let's get back to normal, happy faces, shall we.

Good points Oilinki.

One further recommendation...if the photographer takes a pic of a billboard, sign etc,

state that in the post. Simple...just say not my pic but a pic of a ***** (whatever). This

will keep it to what we desire on the photo forum. I could expound further however

Mod Oilinki has already stated the obvious. let's share...not rebuke.

15802074444_5861d062ca_b.jpg

Only noticed the white 'stripes' on this woman's body after upload. Anyone care to venture a guess on what they are?

After shower thai people use to talc them on their body and faces also;

But if you do an effort and are in a sweat , that talc will do what you can see ..

^^^"A" yes I know this. Sometimes it isn't a talcum powder it's a ground up type

of wood named Thanaka, which is made into a powder then applied. Very

popular in Burma.

Wiki link below...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanaka

Pic of Thanaka powder on faces...not my pic...from the Wiki link;

post-146250-0-24071100-1423394101_thumb.

Edited by sunshine51