Faces of Thailand

Rob8891

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

attachicon.gifbus stop wait.jpg

Must say I'm wondering why the pics I post come out small when other posts I see are much larger. Is the the file size?

You'll probably get lots of answers to this, but if you look in the pinned topics at the top of this forum, you'll see one called "Posting images - Guidelines" by Tywais. This explains the different ways of posting photos. He has worded it better than I could, so to avoid confusing you, can I point you to those guidelines?

I hope this helps

Oh, .......and a belated welcome to the happy house. As long as everyone keeps taking their meds, it is a haven of calm!! wink.png

attachicon.gifbus stop wait.jpg

Must say I'm wondering why the pics I post come out small when other posts I see are much larger. Is the the file size?

You'll probably get lots of answers to this, but if you look in the pinned topics at the top of this forum, you'll see one called "Posting images - Guidelines" by Tywais. This explains the different ways of posting photos. He has worded it better than I could, so to avoid confusing you, can I point you to those guidelines?

I hope this helps

Oh, .......and a belated welcome to the happy house. As long as everyone keeps taking their meds, it is a haven of calm!! wink.png

Thanks Rob for the pointer to the pinned article. But when I try option#2 to link to my Flickr account I get this:

post-195786-0-47024100-1422092337_thumb.

saying I can't "use that image extension". Flickr links not OK? Any help would be appreciated.

@ Lex T

In Flickr, you need to go the the appropriate photo you want to post. You cannot load a photo directly from your photostream, so in your photo stream:

1. click on the photo to open it,
  2. then look at the bottom right hand corner of the next window...the right-hand icon is "download" (it is a downwards-pointing arrow).
  3. Click that and
  4. then click "view all sizes". This opens the photo and you should
  5. then right click on the photo and
  6. click on "Copy Image Location".
  7. Go back to your post in Thaivisa and
  8. choose the "image" option from the menu
  9. Paste the URL you copied into the box
  10. Press "enter" and hey presto! You r photo should appear large in your post.

I hope that this solves your problem.....I just hope Flickr haven't updated their screens again without me knowing!!

Good luck.

@ Lex T

In Flickr, you need to go the the appropriate photo you want to post. You cannot load a photo directly from your photostream, so in your photo stream:

1. click on the photo to open it,
  2. then look at the bottom right hand corner of the next window...the right-hand icon is "download" (it is a downwards-pointing arrow).
  3. Click that and
  4. then click "view all sizes". This opens the photo and you should
  5. then right click on the photo and
  6. click on "Copy Image Location".
  7. Go back to your post in Thaivisa and
  8. choose the "image" option from the menu
  9. Paste the URL you copied into the box
  10. Press "enter" and hey presto! You r photo should appear large in your post.

I hope that this solves your problem.....I just hope Flickr haven't updated their screens again without me knowing!!

Good luck.

One gets the same problem with Picasa / Google Plus with that annoying message "you cannot use an image extension" ...

I have yet to really figure out why it only happens sometimes and not other times.... It's really annoying! facepalm.gif

Archived