Faces of Thailand

Rob8891

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^ I saw this on your Flickr Photostream and was hoping you'd post it. Terrific shot, full of atmosphere! thumbsup.gif

Thanks Rob,have been trying recently to capture people in natural poses, especially the farmers working.

Not as easy as I thought though,the buggers won't stay still w00t.gif

Sometimes it's better to wait for them to take a short rest.

16175105089_8246d506e7_b.jpg

^^ It's a genre I want to get into, but find it very difficult. Landscapes are so much easier....they sit still. I've been trying too...and got a few on the last trip, and will keep plugging away at it.

^^^ Rob & Goompa....Thank all the Gods for digital....if we were still shooting film...many of us would be broke!

Hey Goomps, I think someone's having a poke about the number of posts we make....biggrin.png

Though I must admit, there is a part of me that misses playing with B&W in the darkroom. Would I go back to it? cheesy.gif

^^^ Rob & Goompa....Thank all the Gods for digital....if we were still shooting film...many of us would be broke!

Hey Goomps, I think someone's having a poke about the number of posts we make....biggrin.png

Though I must admit, there is a part of me that misses playing with B&W in the darkroom. Would I go back to it? cheesy.gif

Nah...no pokies here lads. Just that...well...back in those old daze I spent heaps of money

on processing until I learned to process my own B & W then later colour, then I spent

more! We won't talk about Durst enlargers & lenses & other required stuff...it seems so

ancient these days. But it's still fun if one has the facility!

This is the shot that got away. Can't tell you how much dandruff I've lost over this major fail. Only had a second... a little further back, a longer focal length, and my autofocus doing its job maybe? $%&!*#!. When you're fishing, the one that got away lives in memory, only getting bigger & better as time goes on. In photography, there it is, staring you in the face, the failure forever fixed in pixels. Time to break out that tackle box maybe...

post-195786-0-51682400-1422420226_thumb.post-195786-0-56568500-1422420237_thumb.

^^^ Lex....When I do street stuff I turn the AF off...too many pix in too soft focus.

If it still happens in manual...then I go have a few beers & call it a day 'cause

after a few Sings the only thing that improves is the buzz! thumbsup.gif

BTW...without knowing what camera/lens combo you're using mostly,

have you ever tried calibrating the AF...camera to lens? It really does

help heaps. Google for it...info is out there.

Edited by sunshine51