Internet dating sites

y2k

Before I married my Thai wife I got a good education with this site

you can easy get rid of the money grabbers if you take you time and do not rush in

My advice is the good girls all have a job unlike bar girls who can meet you at the drop of a hat

Now if they are willing to take time off work to be with you, you need to be prepared to re in burse her for the money she will loose by not working

She will have expenses to pay if she not work

So first find out her monthly income

Any thing over 20,000 baht and she is most likely scamming you

My single friends tell me 15,ooo a month is a good place to start on Pro Rata

That is is she is not happy you pay her only for the time spent

Beware of the Issan girls who want you to pay there air fares

There are many who want to come to Bkk for a good time spend 1 day with you and dissapear

so make sure you make it clear they need to stay ?? days with you before they get this air fare refunded

Also beware of the girl who meets you at the airport and tells you she has something to do before she can go to your room

This is a scammer who has worked out the time spent is not going to get what she wants, normally she will ask for money in advance which of course she will pay you back

Be prepared to meet many ladies to find the right one

you need to open alot of shells to find a pearl

Some useful information there thanks.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on all date sites are scammers the fact is if you cant find a decent girl in your country it will be the same in Thailand in fact there are more scammers in Thailand than in your own country. I will say however that there are very nice women in Thailand but they are the ones who cant speak English cant use a computer and live out in the province forget Bkk,Pattaya,Phuket,Chiang mai if your looking for true love.......................

So only one side of the conversation needs to be a paid up member for both sides to be able to read and send emails and chat?

Funny story related to this type of thing;

11 years ago I was recommended by a friend to the then popular site "match dot com". I wasn't looking for anything serious and just curious if there was anyone nice on their from Chiangmai because I was coming over in a couple months time for a holiday.

I saw quite a few on there and from memory I'd paid a fee that allowed contact with girls for 30 days or something like that and had contacted several which at the time I noticed used their site username/nickname appended by "@hotmail.com". Anyway my membership had just expired by one day when I spotted this profile of a really lovely lady that I felt like I wanted to make contact with. On the off chance that it might work,. I sent an email to her "[email protected]" and the next day saw her show up in my chat list on hotmail chat.

Eureka,.. so we chatted a little and sent a couple of emails. I then asked her would she like to meet when I came to Chiangmai 10 days later and she said OK and gave me her mobile number.

Here's how the story ends: I went to Chiangmai and we met and she was just gorgeous. A really delightful lady with a good job and uni degree (not a bar girl) and she was smart and had self respect.

We hit it off great and became friends but nothing romantic between us despite there being a mutual attraction. We kept in touch on and off for a year and then something changed in her personal life and she was talking about making a fresh start and maybe going abroad to work. We talked about it a lot and then I told her that I thought I was falling in love with her and had strong feelings for her and wanted to know how she felt about me.

She told me she had the same feelings too. So over the next 4 or 5 weeks we talked daily on the phone and by SMS etc and the feelings intensified. I then came to see her about 6 weeks later and we got engaged. 4 months later we got married.

That was 10 years ago and now we are happily married living in Chiangmai and have 3 lovely sons.

A meeting and a marriage made in heaven it was because I couldn't have ever constructed anything like this in my wildest dreams!

Best wishes to you for a happy future ;-)

That's a beautiful story and one I wish for myself.

• Like 1

Not wanting to seem naive but are all dating sites a scam?

Yes and No!

Met my Thai Wife on Love Links about 6 or 7 years ago and we are still very much living together and still very happy. Was only on it for a month when I was bored and between jobs. She had just broken up with her Thai Boyfriend and was also only on this site for about a month to.

Having said that, and in this short time, I also found many Gold Diggers there to. So it is not so much that these Dating Sites are a scam, but more so of some of the people who go to them. But if you think with your head, and I mean the one on top, you will soon spot the difference. I also don't think you should zero in on just this one location. You will probably have to go to Bangkok first anyway and could meet up with her their. Buses in Thailand are cheap and plentiful as well.

If you are just looking for a one-night-stand, than advice has already been given on that. Wait to you get their, hit a Bar, and you will have your pick of what is their. You will also know that the person you are talking to is real at least, and not some Grandmother posting her Granddaughters picture and getting some kicks. Or money from you. Bar Girls are great and if you just want someone for a week or two you can usually stay with the same one if you like her. Most of them like that as well. If you are an Okay Guy.

Good Luck!

With regards to your last statement I am intrigued as to how much you are supposed to pay for whole day company that goes on for days.

Short answer is. No they are not but you have to make sure you select ladies that are government employees, teachers, etc, etc. or work in hospitals then they will often take you to their workplace.

I never had a problem.

Don't listen or worry about what other (inexperienced) posters have to say, the ladies you meet on line are probably there to meet a nice rich handsum guy just like you, they have gone to the trouble to learn English just to speak with you, they will go out of their way to meet you because you are the only one who has made the effort to travel so far to meet them, and eventually you will send them money every month because you are rich, maybe your parents are rich and you can afford it, so what's a few hundred or five hundred dollars a month going to do to your bank account, after all you are making the life of a poor lonely rice farmer girl a better life, you might hit the jackpot and get a beautiful girl who speaks good english and just happens you are her first, wow real jackpot for you, follow your heart and also, there is a free site called "thaifriendly" costs you nothing costs them nothing just go for it, oh by the way the only chance you have to stand out above the rest is to put in your profile that you have never married and have no children and are rich, then watch the many thousands of replies you get but i'm not really sure about everything, this is what i've been told, you will be the only one there doing this so good luck and post back your results, thank you.

• Like 1

I found Thai Love Links to be excellent if you have good judgment. As to the 'scammed up front' comment, I feel sad for you. Yup, many nut cases and users online, but also many simple women that just want romance and will pay for everything just to,be with you. YMMV based on YOUR personality ;-)

From your time on that site did you subscribe to the Gold or Platinum and why?

I did equally well on Gold. Who gives a flying kazoo about a video. You chat, you get contact info, and go off-site, right?

Cant really understand why to pay for gold or any kind of suscription , while the only thing you may need to continue chating for free is just a simple e-mail address that can be send on a free message through the web... its the same at ThaiFriendly and Pinalove , no need to pay for suscription as free messages are available each "X" minutes

Edited by Wavnarok

TLL checks your bio for embedded email addresses and as a standard non-paying user your emails are not readable by the recipient (only the first 6/7 characters and the email subject has to be selected from a finite list of options).

If you get caught they deactivate your a/c until you agree to be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

So only one side of the conversation needs to be a paid up member for both sides to be able to read and send emails and chat?

Bingo - these web site exist to make money. Plenty of TV documentaries expose the play to employ ladies to 'lead on' the marks to continue paying the fees. I repeat - it's a scam. But hey - on you go. Tell us how it goes.
I have gone out with maybe 40 girls from Dating sites over the years. Some sites are scam sites which try every trick to get you to be a paying member, TrulyThai is a good example of that. But Thailovelinks is a real site with real girls looking for boyfriends. But like anything not everyone on there is on the up and up. Have scammers who out to get you but the site is for real. Have to be careful and never send money to someone you never met in person. The game is always trying to get you to pay for them to come and meet you. Tell them to borrow the money and you will pay them when you see them..... End of conversation .... Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Would I be considered a rebel for having zero interest in any girl that isn't financially capable to travel to the location of date ? LOL

The concept of a "boyfriend" for MANY of those girls is someone "to pay" or a place to stay. exceptions duly noted. also the "no show" rate can be disturbing. "no show" is very common in society as the person not showing up simply is not concerned avout the time and travel the other person spent = more thainess. also quite common among thais

badoo seems to have a % of normal ones.

If your profile looks like you are new and know little about thailand you will get high interest as it is more likely you can be manipulated

on thaifriendly if you speak thai, know the culture, and have an advanced degree you will barely ever get responses even if u r normal body weight and not ugly LOL .

Bingo - these web site exist to make money. Plenty of TV documentaries expose the play to employ ladies to 'lead on' the marks to continue paying the fees. I repeat - it's a scam. But hey - on you go. Tell us how it goes.
I have gone out with maybe 40 girls from Dating sites over the years. Some sites are scam sites which try every trick to get you to be a paying member, TrulyThai is a good example of that. But Thailovelinks is a real site with real girls looking for boyfriends. But like anything not everyone on there is on the up and up. Have scammers who out to get you but the site is for real. Have to be careful and never send money to someone you never met in person. The game is always trying to get you to pay for them to come and meet you. Tell them to borrow the money and you will pay them when you see them..... End of conversation .... Hahaha

Would I be considered a rebel for having zero interest in any girl that isn't financially capable to travel to the location of date ? LOL

The concept of a "boyfriend" for MANY of those girls is someone "to pay" or a place to stay. exceptions duly noted. also the "no show" rate can be disturbing. "no show" is very common in society as the person not showing up simply is not concerned avout the time and travel the other person spent = more thainess. also quite common among thais

badoo seems to have a % of normal ones.

If your profile looks like you are new and know little about thailand you will get high interest as it is more likely you can be manipulated

on thaifriendly if you speak thai, know the culture, and have an advanced degree you will barely ever get responses even if u r normal body weight and not ugly LOL .

I prefer girls who live near my same location but sometimes I see a lovely lady who lives across the country. After many times chatting and video chatting I may suggest she come for a visit. A few K baht to have a lady you are interested in come visit is a small price to pay. Keep in mind that 2 or 3 K baht to them is like 20k to us. Many Thai girls are already living month to month and can not afford to pay for a long weekend trip. I do however never send money... Cash on delivery :)

As for no shows, only happened one time and another was running late so I said never mind.

I don't just chat for 20 minute and then try to meet.... That is stupid ! I try to get to know the girls a little so the chances of a bad date are much less. If you only chat once or twice and you get stud up or she is nasty then it is your own fault for being too quick and easy and not doing your homework. I have meet many great girls but I am looking for the perfect one... My last one ! I hope to find my perfect woman someday but in the mean time I am having fun looking.

»I am planning a trip to Phuket and want to meet up with some lovely Thai ladies

Sound like you are looking for fun – ladies – rather than a girlfriend, so I will recommend you to just forget the dating sites, with both potential scam and hurting some good ladies looking for a serious boyfriend. Just visit some of the bars or spent a night –or several – at the long bar-street in Patong: There will be more “lovely ladies” than most virile men can overcome in a lifetime.

Have fun...tongue.png

I found Thai Love Links to be excellent if you have good judgment. As to the 'scammed up front' comment, I feel sad for you. Yup, many nut cases and users online, but also many simple women that just want romance and will pay for everything just to,be with you. YMMV based on YOUR personality ;-)

From your time on that site did you subscribe to the Gold or Platinum and why?

I did equally well on Gold. Who gives a flying kazoo about a video. You chat, you get contact info, and go off-site, right?

Cant really understand why to pay for gold or any kind of suscription , while the only thing you may need to continue chating for free is just a simple e-mail address that can be send on a free message through the web... its the same at ThaiFriendly and Pinalove , no need to pay for suscription as free messages are available each "X" minutes

TLL let's you look but you can not chat unless you or her is a paying member. So you can not really make contact or give you email. Thaifriendly let's you send a message every 10 minutes so this site you can get away with giving contact info and later chatting on Line or Skype. All sites have there own way about them but to be honest for the price of a few beers you can chat, video chat, send messages, and have full access to all the babes. Timing is everything and if you get their interest and they know you are not cheap I think you have a better chance to start to develop a relationship right then and there. Waiting to do later has its disadvantages .... Pick your site and pay a few baht and relax and have fun ....

My thinking :)

»I am planning a trip to Phuket and want to meet up with some lovely Thai ladies

Sound like you are looking for fun – ladies – rather than a girlfriend, so I will recommend you to just forget the dating sites, with both potential scam and hurting some good ladies looking for a serious boyfriend. Just visit some of the bars or spent a night –or several – at the long bar-street in Patong: There will be more “lovely ladies” than most virile men can overcome in a lifetime.

Have fun...tongue.png

Yes, I agree with this. It is one thing to go on line looking for dates with the intention of finding a girlfriend and another just looking for sex. It is same as a scam but in this case you are scamming the girls... Not good !!!

But, if during the chatting online you let them know that sex is all you are after then that is fine... Don't think you will get any dates but at least you are not being a low life and a liar :)

If you are only looking for sex go to the bars... Don't be breaking these girls hearts and telling them lies.

Edited by ttthailand
  • Like 1

My Thai friend an X Caddy found her 5 Past Husbands on this website..Married them all and as they went broke..She went from a Poor Caddy to a Hi So lady in the span of 10 years....She was very clever on how to work these Web sites...Now has a Big house and new car to boot..Thank you Thai Love links~~~

• Like 1

ThaiLoveLinks is not a bad site. Met my lady there, everything o.k. and honest. I met about 25 girls in the whole country and then I took my decision. One has to use common sense, after the first date you know already a lot, if they are interested in you or in money only. I had some really funny meetings, showing the mentality of many Thai girls very fast (falang = walking bank).

It's the first dating site that I've ever used and looks good so far. I especially like the compact mobile version (shame the office internet blocks it). You must have paid some membership fees to contact the girls. Was it worth it?
well worth it for me to sign up for one month, flirt with 200, chat with 40, exchange email and sms with 10, date 3, and pick one to be with for a while. Waste of money to me to get a longer membership, and NO platinum option is not needed despite the hype, but getting verified (free) was good.

Test them out ahead of time. Easy to weed out the trash. Heck, less scammers on there than trying to date in a Western country $$$, whine, bitch moan, what kind of house...

Edited by SailingHome

ThaiLoveLinks is not a bad site. Met my lady there, everything o.k. and honest. I met about 25 girls in the whole country and then I took my decision. One has to use common sense, after the first date you know already a lot, if they are interested in you or in money only. I had some really funny meetings, showing the mentality of many Thai girls very fast (falang = walking bank).

It's the first dating site that I've ever used and looks good so far. I especially like the compact mobile version (shame the office internet blocks it). You must have paid some membership fees to contact the girls. Was it worth it?

well worth it for me to sign up for one month, flirt with 200, chat with 40, exchange email and sms with 10, date 3, and pick one to be with for a while. Waste of money to me to get a longer membership, and NO gold option is not needed despite the hype, but getting verified (free) was good.

Test them out ahead of time. Easy to weed out the trash. Heck, less scammers on there than trying to date in a Western country $$$, whine, bitch moan, what kind of house...

Actually the two paid memberships are Gold and Platinum. Gold is the cheaper one.

• Like 1

I had no problems dating when I was younger but I don't boogie in discos as well as I used to and it's hard to find places that play 80s alternative music from the UK.

You are wanting to meet women that enjoy 80's alternative music from the UK? No wonder... (just jerking your chain.)

You shouldn't have any problems now either. 3 months after landing here at age 40, I met a sweet 18yo (ok, 17.9) on TLL and kept her 2 years. She never asked for money, was sexy as all hell, treated fat me as a king, could care less about discos, ...

I know a thing or two about this topic as I have used Thailovelinks dating website many times. Men have to pay a subscription fee of at least a month just to read women's emails and to contact them. The women pay nothing. As a result, the women use these websites as entertainment to play games mostly. Few, if any, really want love. They do however want a walking-talking ATM machine, do ask for money and most are totally unrealiable and a waste ofr time. Those that tell you they love you and miss you, even before you meet are always stringing you along as are those who tell you unconventional, private things such as that they are very horny from talking to you and must relieve themselves by hand. I am not joking. One girl told me that just a few weeks ago and she was just playing games.

As I don't want to make this email long, i want to tell you about one example from about 2 weeks ago.

I went to meet a girl from Rayong having flown from the UK via Dubai and having rented a car from Suvarnabhumi airport to meet her. First, a call came to tell me she was in the lobby of the hotel waiting for me. So, I said I would be rig ht down. When I went to reception, I could see nobody in the lobby or the car park or out in the street either. I called her and she told me she was actually at home. Then, she told me that she would be taking the afternoon off the next day (a Saturday) and we could go somewhere together for a trip and return on Sunday. So, the next morning, I checked out of my hotel. In fact, she worked until 6pm that day, meaning she did an hour's overtime. Then, I had to accept a more expensive room at the hotel since they said my rather cheap one was no longer available. Next, she tells me that we can still go for a trip on Sunday and I suggest we leave at about 9am. She tells me to send her an SMS once I get up and she will know when to arrive at the hotel. As I eat breakfast at about 8am, I send her my SMS and suggest again she come by 9am. By 9:45, she hasn't arrived. So, I send another SMS to ask what time she will be arriving, but no reply comes. So, I telephone, but she has put her phone on the answering machine service. I never heard from her again and never met her.

This is the kind of scam you will come across most commonly whereby they stand you up and make false arrangements with you. If you do meet, they will nearly always use you for money, but maybe not the first day. Be aware of that!!! Thai relationships are based on money in any case. So, I can guarantee you that it will almost certainly happen. If you deny them money, they will finish with you and even sometimes tell you that you are not a real man, That has happened to me.

Good luck with your searching, but don't expect too much.

I know a thing or two about this topic as I have used Thailovelinks dating website many times. Men have to pay a subscription fee of at least a month just to read women's emails and to contact them. The women pay nothing. As a result, the women use these websites as entertainment to play games mostly. Few, if any, really want love. They do however want a walking-talking ATM machine, do ask for money and most are totally unrealiable and a waste ofr time. Those that tell you they love you and miss you, even before you meet are always stringing you along as are those who tell you unconventional, private things such as that they are very horny from talking to you and must relieve themselves by hand. I am not joking. One girl told me that just a few weeks ago and she was just playing games.

As I don't want to make this email long, i want to tell you about one example from about 2 weeks ago.

I went to meet a girl from Rayong having flown from the UK via Dubai and having rented a car from Suvarnabhumi airport to meet her. First, a call came to tell me she was in the lobby of the hotel waiting for me. So, I said I would be rig ht down. When I went to reception, I could see nobody in the lobby or the car park or out in the street either. I called her and she told me she was actually at home. Then, she told me that she would be taking the afternoon off the next day (a Saturday) and we could go somewhere together for a trip and return on Sunday. So, the next morning, I checked out of my hotel. In fact, she worked until 6pm that day, meaning she did an hour's overtime. Then, I had to accept a more expensive room at the hotel since they said my rather cheap one was no longer available. Next, she tells me that we can still go for a trip on Sunday and I suggest we leave at about 9am. She tells me to send her an SMS once I get up and she will know when to arrive at the hotel. As I eat breakfast at about 8am, I send her my SMS and suggest again she come by 9am. By 9:45, she hasn't arrived. So, I send another SMS to ask what time she will be arriving, but no reply comes. So, I telephone, but she has put her phone on the answering machine service. I never heard from her again and never met her.

This is the kind of scam you will come across most commonly whereby they stand you up and make false arrangements with you. If you do meet, they will nearly always use you for money, but maybe not the first day. Be aware of that!!! Thai relationships are based on money in any case. So, I can guarantee you that it will almost certainly happen. If you deny them money, they will finish with you and even sometimes tell you that you are not a real man, That has happened to me.

Good luck with your searching, but don't expect too much.

I've had mixed views on dating sites but I take your comments seriously and will be careful.

I went to meet a girl from Rayong having flown from the UK via Dubai and having rented a car from Suvarnabhumi airport to meet her. I never heard from her again and never met her.

What was the woman win in that story? Unreasonable?!

I am since long on TLL, at the beginning as a paying GOLD member, met some women, had sex, but only one from 5-6 I met was OK.

As an older not paying member, I get only in contact with similar old or older paying Thai women,

By the way, if a Thai woman on TLL wants to write with men who are not paying members, she has to pay!

Nothing for free! Only few, mostly older women do that. tongue.png

On the other hand, I write for a good looking woman on TLL,she has a lot of followers, She has not decided yet. wink.png

Edited by ALFREDO

Mey my mrs on Badoo - married with a gorgeous baby boy, so far so good!

Me exactly same hehe, cheers mate

There is lots of girls everywhere in real life in phuket but bangkok is the best, badoo and thaifriendly one of the greatest but yes on the internet its easier to filter them and u can get a clue about their style/personality with a little chat before you decide its worth to meet them for a dinner which you cook for them and its always a winner for the night to set...