Laksi Clash: Injured Man's Daughter Files Libel Complaint

Lite Beer

Either you're with us or you're Cambodian. That's Suthep's argument.

Great post, could not agree with you more!

71 year old Thai accused of being a member of the Cambodian military, only Suthep could have thought that one up, right up there with the (6) million protesters fairy tale!

I think the reason. You like that statement is because its very short, very simple and is untrue.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

A quote from the internet The Nation:

Thung Song Hong police said such posts were in violation of the Computer Crimes Act and have handed the case over to the Technology Crime-Suppression Division.

xnationlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.k-Kc5cy-DD.
-- The Nation 2014-02-06

There is a certain number of posters on this forum, backing each of their chosen sides of this debacle, who I would Urge very strongly to read and take heed of the above quote. As a poster you are not guilt free of what you post , just because you do not use your own name.

There are way too many posters who write with their emotions controlling what they write , rather than their brain. You think the guy from India is going to possibly get deported because of joining in the festivities, well I am sure the Technology Crime-Suppression Division just may be able able to find you also,.

I also point this toward those who seem to have made a life career out of emotional posting of their side, whichever it may be. 500 posts in less than a month, may indicate more than just a foreigners interest in the local political scene.

Feel free to express your opinion, but when you put out that opinion as fact, then you are crossing the line and may be suject to being called to task.

• Like 1

Excellent!

Unfortunately, one of the first things the looney leader would sort out, if he came into power, would be an overly aggressive campaign with the Cambodians, leading to a nasty conflict. Nationalism binds a fractious country together. He is a very dangerous man.

"anti-government social network sites have alleged that Mr. Arkaew was in fact a member of "Cambodian armed forces""

71 years old? Thailand won't have much to fear in any border skirmishes then.

Young people and their Twitters ....

Thanks for the post. I have this picture in my head now of this wizened old man that normally sells soft drinks in front of a school, tottering around the demonstration. A force to be reckoned with. Some levity is definitely helpful here.

Of course my imagination might be getting away with me. Maybe he is a robust, strong, healthy, 2 metre tall, ex seal (retired 20 years ago?) who looks not a day over 32.

Great post, could not agree with you more!

71 year old Thai accused of being a member of the Cambodian military, only Suthep could have thought that one up, right up there with the (6) million protesters fairy tale!

Ah yes... This remark came from Suthep, only a red supporter could have thought this one up. Did you read the article and see where Suthep was implicated.. could you please point it out to me and teach me more about English.

As I said before I hope she wins the case against the idiot posting this. 71 year old and a gunman, it might happen but so rare id gamble against it.

Well for the first time im going to say thank you The Nation smile.png you going to accept this yellow bias newpaper as it fits your profile and tastes better ? i hope so

Mightyatom you owe this person an apology for jumping to a very bad, misled conclusion and on a disgusting bandwagon of propaganda, this is why there has to be solid proof or rumours can take hold.

Well done The Nation

there is also a full interview in thai in another newslink im not going to post it as theres no need imo but its a detailed interview and leaves no doubt this man is Thai as is his family and the thats the end of it

I read every day tons of posts disgusting as the one you mentioned, from both sides. They not just voice their opinion, but pass it as a God Supreme Truth.

They don't hesitate to speculate on deaths and serious injuries, just for elevate themselves as the best and smartest poster around.

I remember how it was back in 2006 when a coup was made. There were discussions, reports, but not the cruelty and the total arrogance of many posters on both sides as I see in these days.

• Like 1

"gunbattle between pro-government supporters and the heavily armed militants allied"

The use of the word 'gunbattle' suggests that those pro-government supporters were also armed. The 'heavily' in the 'armed militants' doesn't seem to have much proof either. Even the clips show only the odd barely camouflaged gun.

offtopic.gif

Are you trying to justify the injury to this poor guy?

I'm just trying to understand the topic article. It was reported that at least 22 gunmen were counted, but only three probably identified. Happen to be PDRC militants. Now those militants retaliated when attacked by armed red-shirts. Somehow only the PDRC retaliation seems newsworthy.

Mind you, none of this justifies the injury to the 71 year old man, which ever side has done it. As for the libel case, no problem, let the court sort it out.

• Like 1

A lot of "educated" people in Bangkok nowadays get their "news" from Facebook and Twitter,

and filter out only the stuff that confirms their own biased views.

Know a few Thai who went to the best university in the country, got a master degree from US or UK, but when it comes to Thai politics, rumors on Facebook are their main source of information.

Anytime Suthep mob breaks the law, they have their excuses and lies ready at hand, so they don't have take into account any other point of view. Now who's a buffalo here?

Also have some PT supporters in my family who are just glued to that red sattelite channel,

living in a paralel universe of propaganda and bullshit.

All of this makes Chuwit look like a wise man. ;-) Go figure.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

"got a master degree from US or UK"

Frankly, I have not been impressed by some Thais who go overseas for a 3-month English crash course followed by a 1-year Master's programme at third-rate universities (most of which were polytechnics when I was at university).

These Thais have (some) family money and are happy to go for something akin to a "finishing school" experience (Western-lite).

The exceptions are those who are less well off but got scholarships from the Govt or their companies - these people are very good.

• Like 1

A lot of "educated" people in Bangkok nowadays get their "news" from Facebook and Twitter,

Know a few Thai who went to the best university in the country, got a master degree from US or UK, but when it comes to Thai politics, rumors on Facebook are their main source of information.

Anytime Suthep mob breaks the law, they have their excuses and lies ready at hand, so they don't have take into account any other point of view. Now who's a buffalo here?

Also have some PT supporters in my family who are just glued to that red sattelite channel,

You are completely right. Given the capacity of analysis that Thai school gave them (also there, bombed by rethoric and plain lies), Sure they filter the social news as better suits them.

They are habit to be right, always, at any cost, so that's a kind of heaven for them.

But I expect expats and foreigner to have a better grade of analysis and not put only biased rants in their reason and get all reality around distorted at their service...

• Like 1

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

"got a master degree from US or UK"

Frankly, I have not been impressed by some Thais who go overseas for a 3-month English crash course followed by a 1-year Master's programme at third-rate universities (most of which were polytechnics when I was at university).

These Thais have (some) family money and are happy to go for something akin to a "finishing school" experience (Western-lite).

The exceptions are those who are less well off but got scholarships from the Govt or their companies - these people are very good.

Most of these one year masters are just a selection of undergraduate level units packaged together. A scam on students. Most employers know them for what they are.